Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Melmoth.

My thoughts exactly, they've already said that they 'all thought Corrie was in the other car' or words to that effect. Why didn't any of them call/message him when they arrived and realised?

I think this is fairly telling, perhaps something happened beforehand which lead to them heading into town without Corrie - this may also explain the hour-long telephone call to his brother on arrival. Maybe he was asking for advice on how to deal with a situation. Either way I think it's important to understand exactly what was discussed; I have a feeling the Police already know but this information is being kept from the public.

Showing CCTV a footage to locals is one thing; but sharing more detailed information as to what happened in the run up to Corrie's disappearance may actually lead to more results.

First BIB: Nicola or Tony or someone else on the FB thread said Corrie was late in catching a lift to Bury with his mates because he was busy sorting out his puppy, Louelle (SP). I can't find a link to this on the site (which is a chaotic mess) as it was weeks ago this comment was made, but it struck me as a dodgy explanation as to why Corrie missed his lift, as what sort of heartless friends wouldn't wait for Corrie due to him making sure his puppy was ok, taken for wees and fed etc?

Second BIB: I agree with this completely. So many explanations about Corrie's behaviour that evening prior to his disappearance really don't add up and need clarifying. But if Corrie's friends from that evening in Bury are all banned from speaking about the events (as they are potential witnesses), then we can only rely on his family's explanations and description of what was 'normal' for him on a night out. And 'normal' in their eyes is not an average expectation of what 'normal' behaviour is for a young lad out and about.

So God only knows what was going on that evening, what state of mind Corrie was in, what his friends thought of him. And the 'typical' behaviour excusing his actions that night make him, rightly or wrongly, sound like a bit of a loner IMO.

I am still here but also keep getting disconnected :( Tony as confirmed on the fb that it was them who have put the social media of Corries on private someone then asks about POF (plenty of fish) to see if he has been keeping tabs on that as there as been a lot of activity on it day and night and there worried. .... I don't know what this means as ive never used POF x

POF is a online dating site

How do I post a link from FB? Seems Tony is getting very, very hacked off.

Someone asked "Forgive me if an obvious question.. but why could the cctv footage shown in Bury late last week, not be shown on news programmes on TV? To reach a wider audience? Think of you all everyday hoping for good news xx"
He replies

"The same reason that the Investigation team immediately declared no third party was involved without any evidence to support that statement.

The same reason they have not made public appeals to ask for assistance with identifying all of these 23(+) outstanding individuals - even though that disk was made a month ago.

...because they don't have the resources to answer the phone - never mind actually record, analyse and investigate all of the information this publicity would generate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that was truly 100% the case (I think there is much more to it) then if I was Corrie's family I would call a media PC and put out everything I knew and do the appealing myself.

Why mess around if you truly believe someone has done something bad?

I thought his phone call to his brother was before he began his evening excursions ? In his car parked near
Waitrose in fact ?

I thought he had another one when he was having his rest probably me confused :)

I am still here but also keep getting disconnected :( Tony as confirmed on the fb that it was them who have put the social media of Corries on private someone then asks about POF (plenty of fish) to see if he has been keeping tabs on that as there as been a lot of activity on it day and night and there worried. .... I don't know what this means as ive never used POF x

POF (plenty of fish) is a dating site where you can add/remove photos and people who have sent messages can, if memory serves me correctly, see when they've been opened and read

attachment.php

Attachments

• received_10154112695306868.jpg
    received_10154112695306868.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 187
If that was truly 100% the case (I think there is much more to it) then if I was Corrie's family I would call a media PC and put out everything I knew and do the appealing myself.

Why mess around if you truly believe someone has done something bad?

Yep...what he said.
After 9 weeks, I am fairly confident that if I really did feel that the police had totally screwed up, I would "take over".

This is what I could see, right at the end of the footage ! Where you think it's ended and nothing is there

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TheTruthWillOut If that was truly 100% the case (I think there is much more to it) then if I was Corrie's family I would call a media PC and put out everything I knew and do the appealing myself.

Why mess around if you truly believe someone has done something bad? ................................ I also agree with this and Cotswoldemmie why oh why if you have 60 thousand people on a fb page who seem very interested into helping anyway possible if your unhappy with investigation you don't say right that's it and take over ive always said my boy went 8 days he was army I didn't give a shhhh*88ttt who I upset or what I said if I had to rip the base upside down I would x

(Quote snipped to highlight point)

This has struck me also, that I have seen no mention of this possibility ( unless I've missed it)

After all 'common things are common'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I did suggest in previous thread could he be awol to avoid a random drug testing with possible return in 90 days?

I think that is the 'Cafe Bar' sticker in the window. You can clearly see the wooden slats too. Also the camera has a 'fisheye' effect lens which squashes the image horizontally distorting what is seen and how it is perceived.

Wrgc.png

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TheTruthWillOut If that was truly 100% the case (I think there is much more to it) then if I was Corrie's family I would call a media PC and put out everything I knew and do the appealing myself.

Why mess around if you truly believe someone has done something bad? ................................ I also agree with this and Cotswoldemmie why oh why if you have 60 thousand people on a fb page who seem very interested into helping anyway possible if your unhappy with investigation you don't say right that's it and take over ive always said my boy went 8 days he was army I didn't give a shhhh*88ttt who I upset or what I said if I had to rip the base upside down I would x

Although there is of course, the possibility that the police are deliberately withholding information from the family...

So, Marky, you don't think the camera has an automatic tracking function?

I don't believe it does. Take for example the running man footage, the camera should track him initially running down St Johns, Brentgrovel or even the patch of ground below the camera (though he may be too fast for that particular ground angle). But it isn't interested in wherever he's approaching from, instead it's filming an empty alley.

Same thing for Corrie CCTV 2. The camera should have panned to the angle he was at before he enters shot (again any of the angles 1, 2 or 3) if it had motion detection. Looking at the CCTV cameras themselves, they don't look like they have anything that could be considered motion detection built in. Someone from Bury could probably stand underneath that one for a couple of minutes and determine if it's detecting motion or simply passing from one angle to another, but I think to say it has motion detection now is giving that CCTV system too much credit.

The video compilation gives just about enough insight into the cameras that they are holding an angle for about 30 seconds and then switching to another one. The "motion detection" camera if any, is the private one in the Cornhill shopping center. Clearly it only detects motion and takes a still photo, not much more than that. The ones that are part of the grand Bury CCTV system, can probably be controlled by a person at the hub should it be necessary, but are typically left on a timed rotation the rest of the time (especially at 3am in the morning).

All that said, I doubt we're going to be "given" the technical details of any of the CCTV. Maybe the Cornhill one is video that they grabbed still frames from later, I don't know. And uncle tony is quick to say you can't leave the area without being caught on CCTV but absolutely no mention of how that is so, in regards to the technical aspects of the CCTV cameras. As I've said, I think they're well aware there is a big blackspot of 1min 30 in the Horseshoe area. So it's perfectly possible to leave that area undetected, and we're being asked to believe in the CCTV, which I might add, has been (co-incidence or intentionally) been released in a way to make it seem like the CCTV is "intelligent", when it really, really isn't.

The funny thing about a lot of UK CCTV centres is that they can't afford to have them manned 24 hours a day, their use and purpose is more for going back over something when an incident occurs rather than trying to prevent one.

I'd be really interested in confirmation of whether he did meet up with his friends and whether there were any altercations at any point in the night.

One might say he sat in his car drinking and preparing for something he believed was going to happen (whether a confrontation or what)

If resources are so bad I wonder why the family don't use the huge base they've built to put out all the information they need. I don't know the legal implications of sharing cctv used in an investigation but the family sources their own from private cameras. Why not tell people on Facebook that they were specifically interested in one figure in the hub so people knew to look for it? Why if the police have clear facial images did the public have to ask to see them? Why not put them on the outside of the hub so passers by could see them seeing as the queues were terrible.

POF (plenty of fish) is a dating site where you can add/remove photos and people who have sent messages can, if memory serves me correctly, see when they've been opened and read

You can only see when people have opened and read messages if you have a paid membership, which most people don't on POF. Anyone can see roughly when you were last online by using the search facility, to see exactly when you were last online you need to be a paid member.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

How do I post a link from FB? Seems Tony is getting very, very hacked off.

Someone asked "Forgive me if an obvious question.. but why could the cctv footage shown in Bury late last week, not be shown on news programmes on TV? To reach a wider audience? Think of you all everyday hoping for good news xx"
He replies

"The same reason that the Investigation team immediately declared no third party was involved without any evidence to support that statement.

The same reason they have not made public appeals to ask for assistance with identifying all of these 23(+) outstanding individuals - even though that disk was made a month ago.

...because they don't have the resources to answer the phone - never mind actually record, analyse and investigate all of the information this publicity would generate.

He's not happy and quite rightly so :(

Nicola's job with the Police department may be a blessing and a curse. She knows police protocols and how to read between the lines on what they're saying but if she starts going rogue and holding her own press conferences and the like, it could be seen in several ways:

1 lack of confidence in police (her employer), prob not a good move from career perspective
2 makes all other victims of crime in the future (or past) bash police for unsolved cases and they'd claim, "well, if your police family liaison person can do it, so can I"

I'd be really interested in confirmation of whether he did meet up with his friends and whether there were any altercations at any point in the night.

One might say he sat in his car drinking and preparing for something he believed was going to happen (whether a confrontation or what)

That's an interesting idea - he discovers they've gone without him, he takes off after them in his car but realises he doesn't know where they've gone, phones his brother and pours out his woes (possibly) while swigging vodka (probably), before finally setting off on his lonely pub crawl intending to have it out with them. By the time he gets to Flex he's fairly well steamed up, one or more of the bouncers lets him in (possibly with some misgivings) then changes his mind and asks him to leave.

IF this is what happened, you can kind of understand if he was fairly steaming after after finding himself back on the street and needed time to calm down.

I'm guessing that he did find them, or at least spot them, in Flex otherwise he might have tried a few more places after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happy.af.wtf