UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame it wasn't don earlier when people might have had a chance of remembering something useful. Even if the police speak to those people I can't see them being able to help much. I certainly wouldn't remember what I'd seen or not seen on a night 8 weeks previously, I walk home from local nights out and unless something was really unusual I probably wouldn't remember even a week later

JMO

I don't remember exactly what was shown but they did do one in the first 4-5 weeks

attachment.php
This is the door taken tonight with the unlocked catch marked.
I cannot see your photo for some reason?

Not sure if we're allowed to be speculative about outcomes. But I just wanted to post an update to something I noted yesterday. If you're sensitive to this case, the family etc, simple do not read please.

The body found off the A1(M) in a college sewer farm tank has been identified as male (scroll down). That's all that's been said so far. I'd imagine it will take a few days to identify this person. I'll be keeping an eye on it though.

I know the link is tenuous. I know it's not based on fact. But it's no less plausible than a lot of our speculation that perhaps Corrie went by car to Cambridge via the A14 (a very simple jaunt from Bury). And from Cambridge you can hop on the A1(M), travel north a couple of hours, come off at Junction 37 and that's where this body is. Not suggesting that is a timeline, but a potential route. There's been little mention of him possibly travelling to Cambridge, or Ipswich for that matter, with people seemingly focussed on him travelling through the wilds of Mildenhall.

I do NOT have a link to that other than that it seems pretty likely a car is involved and it travelled somewhere and something has happened to Corrie to prevent him from getting in touch with anyone (whatever your preference on reason). The FACT is that right now, there is an unidentified male body found in a sewage farm on a route that isn't too ludicrous to have originated from Bury St Edmonds. Of course, I hope not. But where is Corrie, then?

It's worth keeping an eye on but the fact that police and press referred to the finding as "a body" rather than "remains" makes me think that perhaps that it is a person more recently deceased/missing than Corrie.

I've created a thread in "Missing - Unidentified" so we can keep up with developments:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ncaster-Male-body-recovered-from-sewage-works

It's worth keeping an eye on but the fact that police and press referred to the finding as "a body" rather than "remains" makes me think that perhaps that it is a person more recently deceased/missing than Corrie.

I've created a thread in "Missing - Unidentified" so we can keep up with developments:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ncaster-Male-body-recovered-from-sewage-works

And here's a map so we can visualize the potential distances:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/B...e76ad!2m2!1d-1.2350762!2d53.5107412!3e0?hl=en

Talking of bodies found there's also a male body found this morning in Rochdale canal. It's about 3 hours from bse. I've no idea what the canal connects to.

Talking of bodies found there's also a male body found this morning in Rochdale canal. It's about 3 hours from bse. I've no idea what the canal connects to.

My local news has just announced that a body has been found in the canal at Manchester today too, it is a male. No more information as yet. I know it is a long way from Bury, & it could be anyone, whoever it is, it is very sad :( It is just over 4 hours drive away Dc

The one thing that I still find strange is that corrie is not listed as a missing person on the missing persons website,

My local news has just announced that a body has been found in the canal at Manchester today too, it is a male. No more information as yet. I know it is a long way from Bury, & it could be anyone, whoever it is, it is very sad :( It is just over 4 hours drive away Dc

This is the same one, Rochdale canal is in Manchester City centre isn't it?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/live-body-canal-manchester-ancoats-12257563

It's very very sad. Until you open your eyes to it I think you don't necessarily see how often it happens.

The one thing that I still find strange is that corrie is not listed as a missing person on the missing persons website,

I also mentioned this a while back but I couldn't find the criteria of how people get added to the website

Rochdale canal starts/finishes in Manchester city centre. Bodies are regularly found in the canals in the city centre. There are people who believe there's a serial killer involved. My own theory is the usual, sadly often the bodies found are young men who've been on a night out and alcohol has been involved.
The canal heads out to rural West Yorkshire. Because of the frequency that bodies are found in the city centre canals I'll stick my neck out and say it probably isn't Corrie, but it would depend where the body was actually found.

Edited to add - apologies, have cross posted with several other posts, my page hadn't refreshed properly.

There have been a number of young men found dead in canals in and around Manchester, especially the Gay Village area, in recent years. So many in fact that there has been talk of a serial killer in the area, though most people put it down to young men and booze.

I've been over to have a look at the official website to see if the FAQs have been updated to include the results of the CCTV viewing in the pod but I can't see any updates.

I wonder when this will be added so we can discuss the new information

I also mentioned this a while back but I couldn't find the criteria of how people get added to the website

I was going to ask what the process is to be added to this site, thanks for saving me the time to look

Rochdale canal starts/finishes in Manchester city centre. Bodies are regularly found in the canals in the city centre. There are people who believe there's a serial killer involved. My own theory is the usual, sadly often the bodies found are young men who've been on a night out and alcohol has been involved.
The canal heads out to rural West Yorkshire. Because of the frequency that bodies are found in the city centre canals I'll stick my neck out and say it probably isn't Corrie, but it would depend where the body was actually found.

Edited to add - apologies, have cross posted with several other posts, my page hadn't refreshed properly.

There have been a number of young men found dead in canals in and around Manchester, especially the Gay Village area, in recent years. So many in fact that there has been talk of a serial killer in the area, though most people put it down to young men and booze.

Thanks for the info. I figured it's an unlikely link but I genuinely have no knowledge of that part of the country so figured it was worth a mention.

If anyone's wanting to know more about the serial killer theory, it's worth watching the Channel 4 documentary that was televised earlier this year. I found it very interesting, although the area has particular relevance for me so that was partly why it was of such interest in my case.
It's available On Demand here :
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/manchesters-serial-killer/on-demand/62110-001

And just to add, I don't rule out that a SK may be responsible for some of the deaths, but IMO the vast majority are drunken/drug night out related accidents.

I've been over to have a look at the official website to see if the FAQs have been updated to include the results of the CCTV viewing in the pod but I can't see any updates.

I wonder when this will be added so we can discuss the new information

I think it will be a while. Tony made a big thing about how busy he's been and I think Nicola gets weekly meetings so I'd imagine another week? Should we assume her meeting is today/tomorrow (as she said she missed last weeks due to the pod) and considering tony writes the in depth updates, coupled with the fact I've noticed they appear on the website last. It'll be a wait. I don't think Suffolk police will say anything except what they have already (thanks for response, positive identifications etc)

Yes it is Dc, I have been to the Go Outdoors shop a few times so know the area. 2 bodies found in water over 2 days, very very sad.

Going back to what people have said previously about 'some bodies are never found' (not that I'm saying Corrie is dead as it is still a missing persons) my friend's brother was murdered, people were convicted of the murder but his body still has not been found, this was 7 years ago :(

I was going to ask what the process is to be added to this site, thanks for saving me the time to look

I remember this coming up numerous times at the start on the Facebook group, but no responses were ever given.

I remember this coming up numerous times at the start on the Facebook group, but no responses were ever given.

Most of the cases I follow on here are obviously American ones and they do seem to have better procedures for this kind of thing although, of course, they do have a lot more people going missing

I got this from a fact sheet downloaded from the missing persons website, it sounds like the police request for details to be added to the website. As far as I can see there is no page set up for referrals from the general public.

"If the missing person has not been found after 3 days, the police must notify an organisation called theMissing Persons Bureau which will then also help the police in their investigation. The police may also
put the missing person’s details on their Police National Computer database (sometimes referred to by
the police as PNC) for circulation nationwide. If police in any part of the country need to identify a
person, these records on the PNC can be helpful. From time to time, when police discover an
unidentified person who is no longer alive, they will need to involve a coroner."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member