UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a number of young men found dead in canals in and around Manchester, especially the Gay Village area, in recent years. So many in fact that there has been talk of a serial killer in the area, though most people put it down to young men and booze.

If anyone's wanting to know more about the serial killer theory, it's worth watching the Channel 4 documentary that was televised earlier this year. I found it very interesting, although the area has particular relevance for me so that was partly why it was of such interest in my case.
It's available On Demand here :
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/manchesters-serial-killer/on-demand/62110-001

And just to add, I don't rule out that a SK may be responsible for some of the deaths, but IMO the vast majority are drunken/drug night out related accidents.

We have a thread for the "Manchester Pusher" - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...serial-killer-in-Manchester-dumping-in-Canals

Yes it is Dc, I have been to the Go Outdoors shop a few times so know the area. 2 bodies found in water over 2 days, very very sad.

Going back to what people have said previously about 'some bodies are never found' (not that I'm saying Corrie is dead as it is still a missing persons) my friend's brother was murdered, people were convicted of the murder but his body still has not been found, this was 7 years ago :(

I am so sad to read that, it must bring continuing pain and anguish for your friend's family.

Interesting! The documentary talked about with the man on cctv leaving a club and walking along a canal with an unknown person, then something happening off camera and the unknown walking off is scary. To think they had all that cctv and pretty damning circumstantial evidence and yet the person has still not been identified?

When I think of corries I case I think that because of the claim he couldn't leave on foot unseen that they have all the information they need on cctv, he obviously left somehow after all. But this just goes to show people can and do get away with things, and that's scary.

hello all wow the thread seem to be on review for ages and I see we cant mention the fb page now but just wanted to say I'm still following you all. Quite in Awwww how you put things together and come up with ideas now just waiting on an official update. I don't no if we can talk about what we already mentioned on the page and just not allowed to mention now anything new so I'm just going to sit and read you guys till I can try and help in anyway lol. I still think there is something very odd about this case and not the fact Corrie is RAF. Midsummers I think your pictures and coverage is amazing well done

First post here, so hello.

Interesting that this states that 'it's now thought that he may have left the area in a vehicle' - very different message to the one the family have given!

Not sure what to read into that, but maybe some food for thought..
The family have said for a while that Corrie couldn't have left on foot, unseen, so I took that as they've believed he left in a vehicle. Its interesting to see the police now stating that too.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

The family have said for a while that Corrie couldn't have left on foot, unseen, so I took that as they've believed he left in a vehicle. Its interesting to see the police now stating that too.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

It in a very round a bout way, he "may" have left on foot

Admin Note:

Folks, regardless of a Tapatalk issue or not, please do not post screen shots nor discuss PM's or other members.

It's a TOS violation and I'm sure none of you want to find yourself on the outside looking in.

Thank you

What the updates say is "if he left on foot, it would have been caught on CCTV" - have they actually said though, that he wasn't caught on CCTV walking out?

What the updates say is "if he left on foot, it would have been caught on CCTV" - have they actually said though, that he wasn't caught on CCTV walking out?

From Tony's November 20th update on the find Corrie website:

"Corrie did not leave that area on foot before 0800hrs 24/09.
"

And

"The CCTV for the inner & outer camera rings surrounding the ‘Horseshoe’ has only been viewed until 0800hrs on Saturday 24th. It has been physically tested and proven that a person can not leave this area on foot without being seen by at least one of the cameras. Corrie is not seen leaving on foot."

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/21/3-possible-outcomes-20th-november-update/

nobody has actually said yet he was caught walking out maybe the new update may confirm few more details

Admin Note:

Folks, regardless of a Tapatalk issue or not, please do not post screen shots nor discuss PM's or other members.

It's a TOS violation and I'm sure none of you want to find yourself on the outside looking in.

Thank you

Apologies Coldpizza, I had no idea when I replied to it that the post was referring to a screen shot or PM. I thought it was an actual official WS web page that was being talked about. :blushing::blushing:

It in a very round a bout way, he "may" have left on foot

The weird thing is that at least since the 20th November update on the Find Corrie website it is stated by the family:

The family, the RAF and the Police Investigation team, none of us believe Corrie disappeared by choice.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/21/3-possible-outcomes-20th-november-update/

Didn't disappear by choice, didn't/couldn't leave on foot therefore left in a vehicle. So why only now are the Police just coming around to the idea?

The weird thing is that at least since the 20th November update on the Find Corrie website it is stated by the family:

Didn't disappear by choice, didn't/couldn't leave on foot therefore left in a vehicle. So why only now are the Police just coming around to the idea?

All I have read in the Bury press (link provided in my previous post) is that "It is possible Corrie didn't leave on foot".

Are we to take this as Corrie "couldn't have left on foot due to the CCTV"? If so the CCTV must show the vehicles that left this area at the appropriate time surely?

I have no doubt much is going on and being investigated by the police. They have no need to keep us, the public, informed about their investigations. Frustrating as it may be. !!

HAVE they come round to the idea though? I don't think I've seen an official police quote to that effect yet. The media article states "It is now thought..." which is a bit non-committal as to WHO actually thinks that. If I was a journalist and had an actual police source telling me that, I'd quote them directly. If I wasn't sure whose opinion it was, I'd go with a more vague "It is thought". JMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required