UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The deconstruction comes from it still requiring a vehicular access, a potential car crash site on a fairly well used road, the destruction of any evidence pertaining to it.

What is he staying away from? Bury? Honington? His Mum? For sure, that doesn't mean he is AWOL from life.

You're right, it also requires a third party for Corrie to have vehicle access. So in this scenario someone would still know what's happened to him.

I agree. Sorry I didn't mean to come across as being an idiot �� I was just hoping to try and think how logical these theories are and probability in comparison to one another.

It's okay to have a seemingly wild theory but like you said when you look at the assumptions you have to make to get to that point it might indicate whether it's plausible. Although stranger things have happened!

You're definitely not an idiot. Just so many times we have done the circles on a case and then we finally find out what happened and go "Oh. Yeah. Obviously". Then the inquest is heard and we find out that IF we had had access to all the facts we could have saved ourselves a few thousands posts.

As has been mentioned here before this case has many similarities to Adrian Lynch's, it's only 451 posts from start to finish, here it is: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Adrian-Lynch-20-St-Lawrence-Jersey-5-Dec-2015

I think this is one of the hardest theories to deconstruct. Because it doesn't rely on the probability of this assumption happening or that person being involved. It's very much about Corrie personally. If he has chosen for whatever reason (maybe ones you've listed or otherwise) to leave his life the only person who can say with any degree of certainty that it's possible is Corrie himself. After all every man is an island.

My only niggle (and this would be explained depending on the reasons for willingly leaving) is why stay away so long?

I think we all want it to be a case of voluntarily being absent - as it does fit the limited information we have been given - but I can't see it going on this long if it were the case, seeing how much the family is suffering. They're obviously very close, I just can't see Corrie intentionally staying away after how much effort they've poured into finding him.

Unless they are unable to talk. I wonder if any searches have been made of injured parties being taken to hospital from early SAT AM.

You're right, it also requires a third party for Corrie to have vehicle access. So in this scenario someone would still know what's happened to him.

If he is away

I think we all want it to be a case of voluntarily being absent - as it does fit the limited information we have been given - but I can't see it going on this long if it were the case, seeing how much the family is suffering. They're obviously very close, I just can't see Corrie intentionally staying away after how much effort they've poured into finding him.

I think this is one of the hardest theories to deconstruct. Because it doesn't rely on the probability of this assumption happening or that person being involved. It's very much about Corrie personally. If he has chosen for whatever reason (maybe ones you've listed or otherwise) to leave his life the only person who can say with any degree of certainty that it's possible is Corrie himself. After all every man is an island.

My only niggle (and this would be explained depending on the reasons for willingly leaving) is why stay away so long?
As suggested earlier perhaps? Driven underground through an impossible position by the mumsnet brigade.

For me, the one piece of footage I would love to see is the moments leading up to and before leaving the doorway of Hughes. I feel that we could possibly tell from that piece of footage whether he left that doorway in a hurry/ with purpose, perhaps to meet someone specifically in Short Brackland, or if he woke up, took his time, stretched for a bit etc before casually walking off. The second would point more towards a chance encounter gone wrong and the first to a planned meeting with someone.

As suggested earlier perhaps? Driven underground through an impossible position by the mumsnet brigade.
Also the level of resources put into the attempt to find him.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I agree with some of these theories Jonnie. Corrie could've well gone looking for a quiet area to pee and disturbed a drug deal. You make a good point of the person exiting the area not wanting to hang around if that's the case. I know there was no evidence of a altercation at the Horseshoe but unless he was bleeding outside the car there wouldn't be any. I would imagine there was more than one person there, and the more people the easier it would be to bundle him into a car. Before or after possibly harming him that is. Looking at the photos it seems the far corner is well hidden from the main path, especially with vehicles parked there and would be a perfect spot for any dodgy activities.
The only thing I don't go with is your suggestion of him possibly going in the bin, one for the reason you stated (difficulty lifting him) and the other being that it has been ruled out in the investigation, weight, forensics etc. It just seems far more likely his phone was thrown away by someone else. Also, if his phone fell out his pockets then what about his wallet and keys? He can't be traced by those so they're not as important to discard. The more we find out about the more convinced I am this is what has happened to him. Sickening thought though.

Yes,we have been told by Uncle T that the bin area and presumably the bins have been checked forensically. Also I feel sure that waste collection companies must have procedures or checks to ensure bodies are not disposed of in this way. Not just recycled waste but general waste too. It would be such an easy way to get rid of a body. One check is that the operative looks as the bin is emptied into the back of the lorry. That would need someone who works at a waste collection company to confirm and It of course depends how well those procedures are followed.

This then comes back to leaving on one of the vehicles seen on CCTV.

Consider my theory again in previous posts and see if it fits. I'm convinced it does.
Personally, I'm not bothered if he's AWOL or not. Let's face it, it would be the best outcome. I'm just concerned for the lads safety. Anyone who disappears either intentionally or otherwise has a motive behind it. If he's all of a sudden lost the plot and gone walkabout then that's fine, help is at hand for him. If he's disappeared through nefarious reasons then that's a different matter. The perpetrator(s) could be/is still at large with potential to cause more problems. Regardless which it is, it's drawn the same conclusion...That the welfare and safety concerns for Corrie are paramount. By exiting stage left, Corrie has unwittingly created a massively issue that has unintentionally drawn attention to himself through his family, the media and the police.

FTR I'm still against the drugs angle. The RAF culture for drugs just isn't there. The wholesome, party going, 'last man standing' culture is though.

You're definitely not an idiot. Just so many times we have done the circles on a case and then we finally find out what happened and go "Oh. Yeah. Obviously". Then the inquest is heard and we find out that IF we had had access to all the facts we could have saved ourselves a few thousands posts.

As has been mentioned here before this case has many similarities to Adrian Lynch's, it's only 451 posts from start to finish, here it is: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Adrian-Lynch-20-St-Lawrence-Jersey-5-Dec-2015

How terribly sad. Shows that people do see things and don't report them too. Awful.

This is the thing as there are so many possibilities and we lack so much key information such as accurate timings, complete cctv footage, information & cctv on cars arriving/leaving, who he was with, who he spoke to, did he actually spend any time at all that evening with his friends and so on. I'd like AWOL (because he could come home) even though its becoming harder to believe as could you watch your mother go through all this and not break, knowing that this Christmas will be utterly miserable for her? He walks into the bin area and 4 minutes later a guy leaves, he has almost certainly at least seen Corrie or him leave in a car? Is 4 minutes enough time to harm a person and remove them and leave without leaving any forensic evidence behind? I don't even rule out him leaving in the bin wagon, how reliable is their equipment really, was it certainly weighed? I'm beginning to think that the chances of getting him back safe and well are fading and I really feel uncomfortable writing that.

How terribly sad. Shows that people do see things and don't report them too. Awful.

I was convinced he'd been hit by a drunk taxi driver or drunk someone else, put in a boot and dumped in the sea. Or he'd be in some old biddy's unchecked shed. To be fair the theories didn't get too outlandish, and we were nowhere near 7 threads, but it shows sometimes the obvious can't be ruled out. In Corrie's case if it weren't for the "100% didn't leave on foot" I'd be certain he was in a ditch/woods/river, no foul play.

It's a head scratcher for sure, looking forward to Tony's update.

Speaking of updates from family, I'm sure an update has been promised for several days now but nothing as yet.

Anyone got any speculation about why it's been delayed and when there may be one?
We've not heard anything specific since the CCTV was viewed at the pod a week ago.
Any theories about what's going on (or not) in the background?

Thanks for that. What thread number and page number was that from? I want to go back and review them. It was gonna take me forever - I was stillonly on thread 1 page 24.

If he was totally unable to leave on foot it only leaves a vehicle doesn't it?

I still feel there might be a chance Corrie did swing himself into the cardboard collection bin lorry.

It was clean, it would give him a lift partway (and here I will add I believe it is possible an expected lift was missed/didn't arrive).
Yes there are cameras on the lorry, but if he had jumped on as it was leaving I doubt he'd be noticed then he could jump onto all that dry, clean cardboard. He wouldn't be seen on CCTV either if he was inside before it left.

Got himself out at say the roundabout (would he have sat nav on his phone so he knew where he was?)
In the process of exiting he dropped/lost his phone which may account for the later pings.

He then tried to walk the rest of the way back to base and unfortunately has succumbed to an accident probably in water.

My alternative thought is that he got a lift part way back to base, then the above happened. I cannot understand why the driver of this lift (in this scenario) hasn't come forward though.

I would like some searches from his base working back to where that bin lorry took a different direction.

I would love to hear "found safe and well", but that doesn't happen often enough sadly.

Have we heard anything regarding identification of the two bodies discovered in last couple of days? Identification could hold off further updates maybe?

Have we heard anything regarding identification of the two bodies discovered in last couple of days? Identification could hold off further updates maybe?

Doncaster confirmed not Corrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members