UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to stay up for an update but I have my last chemo tomorrow and I'm shattered so I will call it a night thanks for all the help and guidance hoping the update as some positive news night :)

My very best wishes to you and thank you for caring about Corrie.

2q3aqvp.jpg

link

Hi!

It's my first post so please be kind :)

IMO I think Corrie stumbled across an 'unsavoury' character or characters in the horseshoe - drug use or deal - and an altercation took place. Something went very wrong, they temporarily hid Corrie and stepped back until 'help' arrived (hence the loiterer). Help arrives in the form of an accomplice in a car, they remove Corrie from the horseshoe following which....know one knows.

Hi!

IMO I think Corrie stumbled across an 'unsavoury' character or characters in the horseshoe - drug use or deal - and an altercation took place. Something went very wrong, they temporarily hid Corrie and stepped back until 'help' arrived (hence the loiterer). Help arrives in the form of an accomplice in a car, they remove Corrie from the horseshoe following which....know one knows.

:wagon:

More input required from other and new posters please.
Please review the beginning of this thread to avail yourselves with relevant information before asking questions. If that doesn't satisfy your needs then ask away! :)

Hi Reaneybean and welcome :) I also think it's something to do with drug dealers. If so they may have arrived in a car before Corrie turned up (the police will know as they would've seen the car arriving on CCTV) To me it just seems the most logical explanation and explains the phone's journey coinciding with the bin lorry. Drug dealers with bad intentions would not want him or his phone traced and would've discarded it. I think he either unwittingly stumbled across a deal or he got in a car to do some sort of deal. It also explains the loitering person on CCTV as you would need a lookout if something like that was going on. As dreadful as it is I do honestly think this is the most likely scenario :-(

More input required from other and new posters please.
Please review the beginning of this thread to avail yourselves with relevant information before asking questions. If that doesn't satisfy your needs then ask away! :)
<modsnip> we seem to have exhausted most theories. It's odd there's been no more updates from Tony imo. I'm hopeful that there is lots of productive activity going on behind the scenes.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Hi!

Welcome! This scenario makes more sense than most, Occam's Razor and all that. I wonder if the police have checked out phone calls made around that time from that area, there can't have been too many people using phones at 3:30am, not like during the day time, anyway.

Hi!

Welcome aboard Reaney. Possible but don't know of any evidence for this at present. This waiting for the update is doing my head in. So I have been looking right back starting from thread 1 because I remember seeing a map someone had posted on here much earlier that had the word "FLATS" across some of the buildings surrounding that area so am using this lull to see if I can find it. I've only got to page 22 on thread 1 so far. Can anyone remember seeing that or posting it? Its useful to go thru the thread anyway especially with the more detail we have now and it does seem there was a reluctance to issue the 03.24 cctv earlier in the case for whatever reason.

Eliminate the impossible and whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

This is my first post too so hope I'm not repeating what has been said before.

I think it's important to look at the chain of events and think what is the most likely sequence of events. We know Corrie went out later than planned because he was on the phone to his brother. He got into town and went to a couple of bars looking for his mates and then went to Flex nightclub which is where they would normally go. Were his mates there? I don't think that has been stated. We don't know if he found them there, but we do know he was asked to leave; that was unplanned. He then follows a normal routine and gets something to eat. After eating a large amount of food and having had a fair amount to drink he feels sleepy and goes to sleep in Hughes doorway. This seems unusual behaviour but perhaps not surprising given the amount of food and drink he has consumed.

He then wakes, presumably because he gets a message on his phone and that wakes him up. What is the first thing he needs to do having had quite a bit to drink? I would say he is busting to have a wee. He can't do that in Hughes doorway, it's too public. So he trots down to the horseshoe area. He has a quick scan around, then sees it is a quiet and dark area to have a wee. He walks into the area and looks a little sheepish, maybe because he is going to have a wee in public.and tried to look casual, hands in pockets etc

Then something happens in the area. The most likely thing to me is he sees something or someone who doesn't want to be seen. As a few others have already posted, the most likely thing is a drug deal or someone waiting to make a deal. The person or persons doing the deal panic and Corrie is punched and rendered unconscious. Do they then put Corrie into one of the bins? I think it unlikely that a single person could put Corrie into one of those bins. Corrie weighs 85Kgs, which is a lot to lift by one person to the height of the bin. This would mean two people must have been involved. Is this when Corrie's phone dropped out of his pocket, which was then thrown into another bin, the recycling bin?

On the CCTV someone is seen leaving the area 4 minutes after Corrie went in. Was that person seen going into the area? If two people were involved then was anyone else seen entering the area on CCTV?. If it was a drug deal the people involved would turn up, do the deal and go, no hanging around. It would be arranged on pay as you go phones so difficult to trace.

So if we take what Uncle T says as fact that Corrie could not have left on foot, then it could have been a vehicle or one of the other bins. A question that has not been answered (I don't think) is when were the other bins emptied, and where are they emptied? Could Corrie have been in one on those bins and not been spotted when it was emptied?

Just my thoughts...

Hi Reaneybean and welcome :) I also think it's something to do with drug dealers. If so they may have arrived in a car before Corrie turned up (the police will know as they would've seen the car arriving on CCTV)

The other possibility, IF Corrie was planning to go on to a party, is that he was attempting to buy drugs to take with him. Corrie as customer instead of unfortunate bystander.

Earlier on we talked about the possibility that the booze (vodka?) he drank while sitting in his car earlier in the evening might have been intended to take along to a party later. However there's no indication that he had the bottle with him while he was walking around town and there's none that he returned to his car later on. He certainly isn't carrying a bottle in the CCTV footage, so it seems he would have turned up at the party empty handed unless he bought something to take with him.

So Corrie maybe arranges two encounters in the early hours: one with drug dealers, which goes wrong and he's removed from the scene by them, and a later one to pick him up which doesn't find him and drives off again without him.

That said, there's no reason why the second driver should not come forward - after all, as far as he need be concerned he was just picking up a mate to take him to the party.

The other thing which comes to mind is that early on we were told that someone approached Corrie and spoke to him while he was sitting in Hughes doorway. We've not been told any more about that encounter, nor (I think) what time it was, so could that have been drug-related?

Welcome! This scenario makes more sense than most, Occam's Razor and all that. I wonder if the police have checked out phone calls made around that time from that area, there can't have been too many people using phones at 3:30am, not like during the day time, anyway.

Do you think? I would say the most plausible situation would be he met someone he knew and something has happened unintentionally.

This is my first post too so hope I'm not repeating what has been said before.

I think it's important to look at the chain of events and think what is the most likely sequence of events. We know Corrie went out later than planned because he was on the phone to his brother. He got into town and went to a couple of bars looking for his mates and then went to Flex nightclub which is where they would normally go. Were his mates there? I don't think that has been stated. We don't know if he found them there, but we do know he was asked to leave; that was unplanned. He then follows a normal routine and gets something to eat. After eating a large amount of food and having had a fair amount to drink he feels sleepy and goes to sleep in Hughes doorway. This seems unusual behaviour but perhaps not surprising given the amount of food and drink he has consumed.

He then wakes, presumably because he gets a message on his phone and that wakes him up. What is the first thing he needs to do having had quite a bit to drink? I would say he is busting to have a wee. He can't do that in Hughes doorway, it's too public. So he trots down to the horseshoe area. He has a quick scan around, then sees it is a quiet and dark area to have a wee. He walks into the area and looks a little sheepish, maybe because he is going to have a wee in public.and tried to look casual, hands in pockets etc

Then something happens in the area. The most likely thing to me is he sees something or someone who doesn't want to be seen. As a few others have already posted, the most likely thing is a drug deal or someone waiting to make a deal. The person or persons doing the deal panic and Corrie is punched and rendered unconscious. Do they then put Corrie into one of the bins? I think it unlikely that a single person could put Corrie into one of those bins. Corrie weighs 85Kgs, which is a lot to lift by one person to the height of the bin. This would mean two people must have been involved. Is this when Corrie's phone dropped out of his pocket, which was then thrown into another bin, the recycling bin?

On the CCTV someone is seen leaving the area 4 minutes after Corrie went in. Was that person seen going into the area? If two people were involved then was anyone else seen entering the area on CCTV?. If it was a drug deal the people involved would turn up, do the deal and go, no hanging around. It would be arranged on pay as you go phones so difficult to trace.

So if we take what Uncle T says as fact that Corrie could not have left on foot, then it could have been a vehicle or one of the other bins. A question that has not been answered (I don't think) is when were the other bins emptied, and where are they emptied? Could Corrie have been in one on those bins and not been spotted when it was emptied?

Just my thoughts...

I believe biffa have said the bins were emptied after the weekend and aren't regularly emptied. There's some posts regarding it either thread 5 or 6

Just to confirm:

No residential property above the horseshoe shops, there is however residential access above where the lurker appears in the "feet" picture.

If you wanted to pick a spot to look like you were drug dealing you would pick the darkest most secluded area of town which has no legal vehicular access, but who wants to look like they are drug dealing?

Do you think? I would say the most plausible situation would be he met someone he knew and something has happened unintentionally.

Haha I didn't say it was the most plausible scenario, just that it made more sense than most. That said, say Corrie interrupted something nefarious and/or got arsey with someone - one punch is all it takes to knock unconscious or even kill instantly. It would make sense that someone was on lookout while a car was fetched.

Equally it makes sense that he met someone he knew and the night ended really badly. Or ended so well Corrie decided to make it his new life.

:gaah: so many options still on the table. But "Occam's razor is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is" (Wiki)

I was trying to find the old updates the one uncle t said about undesirables , they don't seam to be all on the website, would they still be in other places that we can't talk about,

Just to confirm:

No residential property above the horseshoe shops, there is however residential access above where the lurker appears in the "feet" picture.

If you wanted to pick a spot to look like you were drug dealing you would pick the darkest most secluded area of town which has no legal vehicular access, but who wants to look like they are drug dealing?

Thanks for that. In my personal experiences (granted fairly limited) if you were dealing weed or small amounts of class a like speed, coke etc you probably wouldn't worry too much about where you are. If you're dealing big amounts (in my experience) it wouldn't be happening on the street full stop.

For someone to be seriously hurt because they witnessed a deal you'd have to assume this was a pretty significant deal of either something like heroin or big quantities of something else. Bearing in mind big dealers of serious drugs aren't going to want to draw attention to themselves by making someone disappear.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I think it's a high improbability and less likely than say a mugging (considering he was wearing designer clothes and probably looked fairly well off)

If drugs were involved I would consider the most likely scenarios as Corrie was targeted as a potentially profitable mugging victim by a dealer who was selling to him or Corrie went with someone to take potentially lethal drugs. I consider those to be pretty improbable also. Especially given his job.

I was trying to find the old updates the one uncle t said about undesirables , they don't seam to be all on the website, would they still be in other places that we can't talk about,

He said the following in a radio/podcast interview:

"I think what's more likely is if this is against his will, this is either a person just ... who's psychologically, mentally unstable, or a sexual predator type person. That sort of circumstance. I mean it's of note that in the area where Corrie disappeared, there is a property that's reserved for rehabilitation, shall we say. And so some of the individuals that pass through that way have got certain histories. So there's a whole number of reasons why certain people may have been in that area. Y'know, Corrie may have walked around that corner and walked straight into a drug deal for all we know."

Link to transcript and the interview itself here.

Thanks for that. In my personal experiences (granted fairly limited) if you were dealing weed or small amounts of class a like speed, coke etc you probably wouldn't worry too much about where you are. If you're dealing big amounts (in my experience) it wouldn't be happening on the street full stop.

For someone to be seriously hurt because they witnessed a deal you'd have to assume this was a pretty significant deal of either something like heroin or big quantities of something else. Bearing in mind big dealers of serious drugs aren't going to want to draw attention to themselves by making someone disappear.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I think it's a high improbability and less likely than say a mugging (considering he was wearing designer clothes and probably looked fairly well off)

If drugs were involved I would consider the most likely scenarios as Corrie was targeted as a potentially profitable mugging victim by a dealer who was selling to him or Corrie went with someone to take potentially lethal drugs. I consider those to be pretty improbable also. Especially given his job.

I agree. I really don't think drugs have anything to do with his disappearance, given his job. In my experience, if drugs are going to be used by a service person they would do it when they didn't have to be back at work on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member