UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help thinking that the case has just been taken as a simple missing person / AWOL case from day one, it would explain the police not doing Mutch , and expect that the family also think the same as they have nothing to say Mutch anymore, it's all looking like a very well planed job, no evidence what so ever, maybe corrie just wanted to get away and doesn't want to be found, it's looking that way at the moment!!!

I can't help thinking that the case has just been taken as a simple missing person / AWOL case from day one, it would explain the police not doing Mutch , and expect that the family also think the same as they have nothing to say Mutch anymore, it's all looking like a very well planed job, no evidence what so ever, maybe corrie just wanted to get away and doesn't want to be found, it's looking that way at the moment!!!

It's a hard one, because there's no apparent evidence of a crime having been committed in that there's nothing to suggest he was taken against his will. Unless police have something we don't know that suggests it. Obviously if he has gone awol that's a crime but not one where the police will actively look for you.

I actually think there's quite a bit of activity over this case you wouldn't expect in a normal misper case.

I'm trying to stay up for an update but I have my last chemo tomorrow and I'm shattered so I will call it a night thanks for all the help and guidance hoping the update as some positive news night :)

I read on one of the police sites (Suffolk Constabulary, I think) just a basic outline for a 'missing person'. It said that if a person is reported missing, the police should try to find that person and if they wish not to have their whereabouts known, the police report back only that the person is safe and does not wish to make contact. So it sounds like police have a duty to find the missing person but not necessarily bring them "back" if they don't wish to return.

I'm trying to stay up for an update but I have my last chemo tomorrow and I'm shattered so I will call it a night thanks for all the help and guidance hoping the update as some positive news night :)

Go get some rest, I wouldn't expect one any time soon, maybe tomorrow? Depending on Tony's flights I guess

My memory is terrible, perhaps Rodger or another local could help

My bad, completely the wrong one! Please disregard my comment about flats above Greggs everyone!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Take care, bbyblueeyez - best of luck to you tomorrow and congrats on the last chemo session! They're brutal; you must be so happy to get the last one under your belt!

If you Google Greggs in BSE, it's front is 11 Abbeygate Street.
If you then go into Zoopla and search for properties on Abbeygate Street, there are several flats at 12 Abbeygate Street.
That doesn't necessarily mean they have rear access though, the front door may be the only point of entry/exit.

That's perfect thanks. I was under the impression there was no access to residential flats from that area but I can't say where I got that from. I'll check the website.

If you Google Greggs in BSE, it's front is 11 Abbeygate Street.
If you then go into Zoopla and search for properties on Abbeygate Street, there are several flats at 12 Abbeygate Street.
That doesn't necessarily mean they have rear access though, the front door may be the only point of entry/exit.

I think that is the other Greggs store?

That's perfect thanks. I was under the impression there was no access to residential flats from that area but I can't say where I got that from. I'll check the website.

Deleted my own post error!

Did we get a definitive answer on whether there are any residential properties there?

As far I as can tell the white three-storey buildings beyond the staircase which neighbours Greggs are jewellry shops below and offices above. The only building I'm not sure about is the one directly on the corner where Corrie walks behind where the bikeracks are. Might be part of Greggs?

In the photos of the horseshoe area, there appear to be some sort of stairs that lead up to either upper levels of the buildings and/or roof - a fire escape, possibly? Which could indicate that those upper levels are occupied, possibly residential? I'm sure that's not the primary entrance to those levels, just there for emergencies.

MaxS - just saw your post. They could also be for offices, if that's whats above the street level shoppes.

Wishing you all the best bby hope all goes well for you x

Just had another thought - There was mention about homeless people accessing the roof areas in the horseshoe, from many threads ago. Logically, offices would make more sense as if those were residential, I'm sure the tenants wouldn't like homeless people (or any people) up on their roof for any reason....

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
WS Administrator

Bumping to welcome new members to the forum and to add that Websleuths is a fact based forum.

Please don't speculate on rumors. That's not how we roll here.

Certainly you can post your theories based on what has been reported in MSM but check yourself before you post. Rumors can be hurtful and please consider if you had a family member missing how would you feel?

Please take a moment to review WS Rules Etiquette & Information

Thank you and carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members