UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Midsummer posted a CCTV still a few pages ago (playing catch up - in the other hemisphere here). Apparently it's the last one shown in the POD.

Some were saying they could see someone crouching in the metal area (on another post). CCTV is very difficult to look at during night. Limited lighting means no / little colour & shadows play tricks.

Where iWork we have over 60 cameras inside & out. There is only one reason I would in my business leave a picture/make it known that an area is covered (even if the pic shown shows nothing) & that is that something of interest happened on that camera & you want those in the footage to know you saw it, without giving away to everyone else what it was that was seen.

It was mentioned that he had interactions with people - maybe that was in the unshown 2hrs.

In saying that, one theory I still have is he could've taken a cycle too. Been knocked off it somewhere & needs finding.

My friends in Suffolk just informed me police set up a POD to get a closer idea of who was in the area of when Corrie went missing, they said police are saying all the clues residents called in were very helpful but now this information coupled with the called in tips will lead them down to specific events and specific suspects who can bring us to finding out where Corrie is and what happened to him!

We must consider that he may have went AWOL and now with this massive manhunt does not know how to come forward out of fear of public ridicule, now that this story has become viral (very slim idea, but in situations like this, its always good to think outside the box in my experience)

link about the new clues are below (websluethers: a good tip for posting articles/clips/multimedia from other sites to avoid a mod snip or WS having issues with these sources about their users violating copyright policies is to remember when posting a source(s) link to always check for the sources copyright regulations)

Police Receive Useful Information In Search For Corrie
http://forces.tv/30133696#.WEJPBGBhtVE.twitter

There have been some pretty wild theories doing the rounds here, but I suppose that's what happens when there's no solid news. It has gone very quiet of late.

Needham is the complete opposite direction.
I think the OP was referring to Cavenham Quarry which is not far away from Barton Mills.

Sulsar haven't searched all of Thetford Forest...its near on 50,000 acres.

Thanks for this rogerthelodger. I wasn't sure it was a quarry that I could see on Google earth, thanks for confirming. Yes, the one at Cavenham was the one I saw.

Polo as you saw the pod, can you also clarify that some of the cc tv timings were possibly 5 minutes out in the camera times?

Ruth I'm afraid that I can't :(. There were 30 images / clips and they were all jumbled up on timings etc. It was really difficult to check the times let alone try to work out what was what with the quality of the images.

I think they should have shown the earliest footage first and then move on. It was almost as if they didn't want us to know the sequence of events!

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
WS Administrator

Nope, can't post anything from Facebook

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

If Corrie had a dual sim phone and sim 1 pinged the mast, could he be using his phone with sim 2 (pay as you go and not registered?) which is why his phone hasn't been found as it's still with him? Does the mast ping the actual phone or the registered sim/number? This probably only fits if he'd planned to go AWOL? I have no idea what to think any more but nobody can vanish into thin air...

I have complete no idea.

But "Post #458 by Polo" with regards to the "4 minute man" is interesting me greatly,

"Polo" says the police were unsure where the "4 minute man" had come from....and it might not have been from the horseshoe.

How good are the cameras again ?

Granted (from what Tony says) that "the cameras would have seen Corrie if he left by foot", so I accept that when Cam09 came to look onto Short Brackland again, it just saw (probably) the "4 minute man" standing there (or moving off from a mid point of the cameras field of view)...the time 0329

The "Running Man" passes at 0340 (?). And from his reaction, there seems to be "nothing going on.

So, the time points seem to be 0325, 0329, 0340.
Or a) 0325 b) +4 mins c) +11 mins

If Cam09 doesn't see the "4 minute man" emerge from wherever... ...then what was seen in that area at 0326, 0327, 0328 and 0329.

For example, if it is believed that Corrie departed in a car, the when did then 3 cars observed actually arrive ?

I think that the family are clouding what may have actually happened by providing information about what 'they believe' has happened.

Go back to the start when Corrie first went missing. At that point Uncle Tony, when interviewed stated that he could have gone AWOL, he also made a comment about certain things not being so hunky dory for Corrie in the RAF but don't worry, everyone else feels the same.

in the first press conference, Nicola stated that Corrie would walk home. When asked to confirm this she said yes he had. Now we are told he has never walked home. I watched that video last night and she was very definite in her reply.

Regarding the CCTV footage, from what I can see, the only half decent camera is the one at Greenwoods, this is a roaming camera and Corrie could have left the horseshoe without being detected on this camera IMO. I agree that it is likely that you would be picked up on camera elsewhere but what is to say that none of those captured are 100% not Corrie. For that reason, I stand by my previous comment, that until all of the unidentified are identified we can't be absolutely certain that Corrie did not leave on foot.

If Corrie had a dual sim phone and sim 1 pinged the mast, could he be using his phone with sim 2 (pay as you go and not registered?) which is why his phone hasn't been found as it's still with him? Does the mast ping the actual phone or the registered sim/number? This probably only fits if he'd planned to go AWOL? I have no idea what to think any more but nobody can vanish into thin air...

I think this was asked before but hasn't been answered. It is a very good question and would mean the actual phone is still with corrie. Can anyone answer this for sure?

It could be the police know who they are but the footage is the only thing they have on the assumed culprit so it makes more sense for them to not release the footage and just freak the person out with continued discussion about the cctv instead. If they release the footage they could be playing all their cards prematurely.

I visited the POD and asked the Investigator in charge why they had not shown the cctv image of the hooded person leaving the area 4 minutes after Corrie disappeared. This was the one image I was hoping to see. The Investigator said they had not shown the footage as although seen in the area they could have come from anywhere and were not seen directly near the horseshoe area. I don't think they considered them of any relevance for that reason. The others were far more important to try and trace.

^^ Sorry for repeat post, didn't think first one had sent!
I have a Nokia Lumia work phone (had several of them in various models) and none of them are dual sim. Double checked just now in my hoard of broken ones! Unsure as to why you'd need a dual sim phone, if it was required for your job your employer would just give you a work mobile?

Midsummer posted a CCTV still a few pages ago (playing catch up - in the other hemisphere here). Apparently it's the last one shown in the POD.

Some were saying they could see someone crouching in the metal area (on another post). CCTV is very difficult to look at during night. Limited lighting means no / little colour & shadows play tricks.

Where iWork we have over 60 cameras inside & out. There is only one reason I would in my business leave a picture/make it known that an area is covered (even if the pic shown shows nothing) & that is that something of interest happened on that camera & you want those in the footage to know you saw it, without giving away to everyone else what it was that was seen.

It was mentioned that he had interactions with people - maybe that was in the unshown 2hrs.

In saying that, one theory I still have is he could've taken a cycle too. Been knocked off it somewhere & needs finding.

I don't buy the cycle theory as as far as we know no cycles were stolen that night AND there's a strong possibility he would have been picked up by CCTV going west AND he'd have been noticed by traffic or pedestrians for not having lights (who leaves valuables on a cycle?) AND besides, the guy could hardly stand never min balance on two wheels for 11 miles.

Here's the image you were referring to:
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 191
No idea. Maybe they are.
Nothing else would be more crucial than that time period.

0325 Corrie is seen in the camera view....
....and walks RIGHT to the bin area.

0329 Four Minute Man appears in the camera view
....and it's not known from which direction he came.

If Corrie cannot disappear from that area without being seen...
...then "Four Minute Man" cannot appear in that area, without being seen. Nor could he leave there without being seen.

If "one rule applies to one", then it has to apply to all.

So that four minutes shows something even if it just shows 4 minute person and perhaps a vehicle unassociated with that person or even shows an interaction of some sort perhaps? Does it boil down to that or would the vehicles be between 3.25 and 4.00 ? Why is this so prolonged and protracted if police and family want to solve it?

I visited the POD and asked the Investigator in charge why they had not shown the cctv image of the hooded person leaving the area 4 minutes after Corrie disappeared. This was the one image I was hoping to see. The Investigator said they had not shown the footage as although seen in the area they could have come from anywhere and were not seen directly near the horseshoe area. I don't think they considered them of any relevance for that reason. The others were far more important to try and trace.
Hmmmmmm perhaps they already know who it is.

This is entirely my opinion. Look at the facts. Corrie is RAF and therefore will be trained to be cctv aware. He went into town that night on his own as he was sorting his dog. A bit of a lame excuse as they finish early on Fridays and he would have had plenty of time to have sorted a whole kennel of dogs. He spoke to his brother 4 to 6 times that day/evening WHY????? The last call was an hour long and he was on his way into town with alcohol in his car, again WHY???? He was wearing extremely noticeable clothing to ensure everyone knew exactly what they were looking for. He stood out!!!. He got kicked out of the club early <modsnip> It was clarified by the person serving in Mama Mias that he was usually with his American friend but he was not with him that night. Has the American friend been back since? he has had no further mention. Corrie then slept in the doorway of Hughes for approx 2 hours, however he sent a message at 3.08am to a friend. Darroch originally confirmed this message was to him but it was later said it was to a friend. WHY??? Corrie then walked to the horseshoe area at 3.24am where he has not been seen exiting that area but is known not to be in there. WHY??? They are the facts. The Police have declared no crime scene, no blood or DNA found. Extensive searches have been done and no body found. Even in Thetford Forest, remember there are the forestry commission who are working daily, hundreds of dog walkers and believe me dogs will sniff out a body. Why are the Police showing such little interest??? I think they believe there is nothing to find. They have never declared it to be anything other than a missing person enquiry and I believe that is exactly what it is. Yes I am sure he had help or someone knows something but if you were helping someone in desperate need and gave your promise, would you report them?? There is plenty none of us know about Corrie but I believe he was a lost soul. He had a dog in quarters which is not allowed on camp. Perhaps there were reasons the RAF allowed this. Perhaps he had mental health issues and as part of rehabilitation this was considered to be good for his well being. <modsnip> I cannot see anything other than Corrie has disappeared from a life he was just too unhappy with. He knew his doge would be cared for and probably be reunited with. All this hype was far too big and is impossible for him to come back from. I really think if it all dies down, Corrie will be able to re-appear. Imagine how he must be feeling. People have said he could not have survived with no money but someone out there is helping him and housing him in my opinion, or he is abroad. <modsnip>

^^ Sorry for repeat post, didn't think first one had sent!
I have a Nokia Lumia work phone (had several of them in various models) and none of them are dual sim. Double checked just now in my hoard of broken ones! Unsure as to why you'd need a dual sim phone, if it was required for your job your employer would just give you a work mobile?
Happens to me all the time - so slow Internet here in the backside of nowhere. Dual sim phones. My OH has one . We bought it in aldi a year or so ago for only about 10 squid - very basic phone no camera or internet but the dual capability. Have never used a second sim in it so far but you can have both sims in it and switch from one to the other.

Happens to me all the time - so slow Internet here in the backside of nowhere. Dual sim phones. My OH has one . We bought it in aldi a year or so ago for only about 10 squid - very basic phone no camera or internet but the dual capability. Have never used a second sim in it so far but you can have both sims in it and switch from one to the other.

The dual sim phone capability is handy if you live in the UK and travel abroad on holiday (Pakistan, Spain, France, Afghanistan etc). Additional regional sims can be bought in those countries once you've arrived there. I'm not suggesting that Corrie had a dual sim capability or he has used it to move abroad.

<modsnip>

Some posters are great at making clear that they are posting their own thoughts and opinions. Others make very definitive statements as though what they are saying is factual, without posting any evidence/sources to back it up.

It's easy for someone reading posts like that to assume the facts have been established earlier in one of the many threads we have here - and to continue discussing it here or passing it on elsewhere as fact.

It would help everyone if factual information could be shared with a linked source while theories/speculation be clearly stated as such.

I'm not suggesting anything radical, as it's already written into the WS rules:

"To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a &#8220;fact,&#8221; you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders."

Just re read the Sufflok Police website for. 02 October 2016:

'Enquiries and information received over the past week have led police to believe he may have been in the Mildenhall area at some point between 4.30am and 8am on Saturday 24 September, and police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen or spoken to a man matching Corrie’s description in this area around this time.'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895