UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posts have been removed.

As a reminder, per Admin bessie's post on page 1, the Facebook page is OFF LIMITS.

That means NO reference to that page whatsoever. NONE.

You may discuss the family's updates if and/or when they post them on http://www.findcorrie.co.uk, and of course information reported by MSM and LE.

Discussing moderation and/or bashing Websleuths' rules are TOS violations.

Throughout these 10 weeks that Corrie has been missing, you all have done an excellent job trying to narrow down fact-based theories. I realize with few definitives of certain facts it can be very frustrating, but until LE reveals more information, maybe reviewing the timeline and maps again would help to see if perhaps you have missed something. Please don't get discouraged. You are doing great work here.

This thread is now open again for posting.

Please post respectfully and responsibly.

Just did a post but it disappeared into the ether. Trying this short one instead. Right that's ok. As there is no update from family we can comment on have been trying Ruth's link to the police website for their updates but it didn't work. Also tried to google but couldn't get it. Ruth, do you have a working link or is it that not a mobile accessable site?

I'm just going to take a back seat for the time being and continue to lurk.
The new updates are no updates & there's nothing new to talk about, plus we can't talk about it anyway until it goes onto fundcorrie.co.uk - waiting around for no new leads is very frustrating indeed.
All we really know as fact is -
Corrie was last seen at 3.35am and he hasn't arrived home yet - that's it!
This is the strangest case I've ever read about and it continues to grow in oddity.
I really would love nothing more than Corrie to be found, safe as houses & with an amazing story to tell. I'll be watching out for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also want to apologise if I have offended the family or anyone on here. It certainly wasn't my intention. For some reason the previous apology I did disappeared. Did anyone see it? If not it must have also disappeared into cyberspace or been deleted.

I've been using this link for Suffolk Constabulary's updates :

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

Last night, I read all of the family updates on http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/category/public-assistance/ including watching all the tv interviews the family have given, and then I read all of the police website updates.
Found it an interesting exercise to compare what's being said on each side but can't draw any further conclusions or come up with any solid theories.

As there is no update from family we can comment on have been trying Ruth's link to the police website for their updates but it didn't work. Also tried to google but couldn't get it. Ruth, do you have a working link or is it that not a mobile accessable site?

Ruth's link (here it is again) works OK for me on desktop and mobile. If it's still not working for you, you could try going to the main police website homepage https://www.suffolk.police.uk then into the menu and choose News. There's a link to the Corrie page on that.

I wonder just how successful the pod has been. I doubt we'd get told but I do wonder if the last confirmed sighting may have changed with more people giving witness statements.

has anyone put a link up with the interview on Colin Sutton as I still cant work out how to do it he talks about a third party plus the pictures of the horseshoe are really good just thought it may help

I was watching a close up walk through of the area and hadn't before noticed the steps in far corner of the bin area. This would be the perfect place for someone to sit and wait for a lift.

Yes that is the one thank you Dcflag gives you good close up of the area and hes ment to be a really excellent Detective in his time :) x

Yes that is the one thank you Dcflag gives you good close up of the area and hes ment to be a really excellent Detective in his time :) x

He certainly seems to talk sense and I agree with the preparation things he mentioned. He never really commented on the willingly or unwillingly leaving part, something that I think is quite important here.

It does seem strange to me the way this whole case has been reported, because he didn't walk round the corner and never come out again. Back when the cctv was originally released the police knew then there were vehicles in and out and he possibly left in one. In fact, he kind of has to have left in one doesn't he?

Ok so I've been off browsing - few questions....here's the first

The interview with Colin Sutton, he says they've searched the landfill for the phone? I thought they hadn't?

From itv.com

"The fact it went off at Barton Mills was the reason the police searched the rubbish tip, as the phone was communicating there.
"The fact it hasn't been found is unfortunate but searching places like that is very difficult."

It has been indicated in MSM interviews that a "third party" is involved in Corrie being registered as a Missing Person and that he likely left Bury in a vehicle.

Given that the horseshoe is an "out of the way place", it seems an unlikely place to get a "random lift".

Given that it is unusual that someone at 0120 in the morning would sleep for 2 hours in a doorway (and the 3rd of October Police Press Conference provides a "query" to the explanation of events), it could be likely that Corrie was waiting for someone.

So, the two incidents (a car being in Short Brackland and Corrie in the doorway for a period of time) are possibly linked.

The bin lorry's movements and the phone pings appeared to be connected as initially that was the only vehicle known to be in the same area that Corrie was.
There now appears to be other vehicles in the same area, however there movements aren't known...but it is possible anyone of those vehicles (or all of them) could have travelled towards the Barton Mills area that morning.

Thinking about this one way and assuming various things, you have...

1. A two hour wait
2. Corrie in Short Brackland
3. A car in Short Brackland
4. Pings in the Barton Mills area.

...which could indicate the possibility that Corrie went willingly in a vehicle which departed Short Brackland and he, the vehicle he was in and his phone all reached the Barton Mills area.

The police suggest, on their website, that the phone was in that area (and remained "stationary" there) from 0400 to 0800.

2nd question, we were discussing the possibility of him going AWOL,

Nicola is convinced that he could not go AWOL, we've queried what his relationships were with those at his camp/base, she seems to think they were very close?! Has anyone actually got a source they can credit as saying that his relationships were more difficult or is that just rumour?

Also, why did they not report him as AWOL? Did someone mention their opinion on this earlier in the thread? Why is this 'not Corrie? Surely anyone who decides to go AWOL behaves, or attempts to behave in a consistent manner so as not to arise suspicion?

not causing offence - just asking for clarification
The disappearance is entirely out of character for Corrie, whose RAF comrades in 2 Squadron have become like “brothers” to him.
Nicola said: “Corrie has not decided to just disappear, absolutely not. The RAF did not report Corrie as AWOL, which would be their normal procedure, they immediately reported him as missing and they took this to the highest level as soon as they could because this is not Corrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966