UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the issue I've had and others which confuse me compared to what is being said now compared to what was reported then but I do think all of these issues have been clarified at some point so maybe worth trawling back through the earlier threads when info was more forthcoming.

1. Phone in bin and separate from Corrie and timings in line with mph of a bin lorry, why were people so sure it was separate from him.
2. Phone likely in bin but impossible to search for it effectively at landfill after all this time due to tons of landfill on top of it.
3. Why was bin lorry for recycling material out at that time of the morning collecting 11kg of waste, surely a waste of resources, unsociable hours wages?
4. Why if it was recycling is landfill even mentioned.
5. Can anyone remember what time the ping was? We are told he left before 8 but why would phone leave before him?

so it's official I'm confused!

Bingo!

I also think the blasted Barton Mills domestic recycling facility is a red herring.

I don't know about the Barton Mills site, but the one in Bury has a height restriction barrier which is set pretty low.

I'm fairly certain that the bin lorry will not have been emptying there.

But would there be cctv at all roofs he could exit from?? I was looking at the map of all the cctv and it seems u could get out without being seen on cctv
Munchy have u seen the colin sutton video which is linked on an earlier post tonight. He talks about going up over the roof like you suggested.

This is the issue I've had and others which confuse me compared to what is being said now compared to what was reported then but I do think all of these issues have been clarified at some point so maybe worth trawling back through the earlier threads when info was more forthcoming.

1. Phone in bin and separate from Corrie and timings in line with mph of a bin lorry, why were people so sure it was separate from him.
2. Phone likely in bin but impossible to search for it effectively at landfill after all this time due to tons of landfill on top of it.
3. Why was bin lorry for recycling material out at that time of the morning collecting 11kg of waste, surely a waste of resources, unsociable hours wages?
4. Why if it was recycling is landfill even mentioned.
5. Can anyone remember what time the ping was? We are told he left before 8 but why would phone leave before him?

so it's official I'm confused!

The ping was 4.58 (or 4.56 or very similar) in Barton mills. I believe but am not certain it pinged in bury around 4.20ish

Was the weight exactly 11kg ?

"e Bin Lorry. The bin Lorry collected 1 bin. Recycling waste. The lorry had cameras on it, but they are for viewing only, not recording. The bin it collected was weighed when it was lifted into the back, showing only 11kg of material was in it (Corrie is around 85Kg). It then drove to its next pick up in Mildenhall, then on to the recycling centre. It did pass by Fiveways roundabout at Barton Mills, but we know for certain that it did not stop at any point on its journey from BSE to the next pick up or its final destination"

I took this as mildenhall recycling cente

I think this is the key question. As I've said before, I think it's because the police, for technical reasons, are fairly sure the phone was in the lorry. Why else would the lorry even have been on the radar at such an early stage of the investigation? And at the same time they have concluded that Corrie wasn't, due to the weight of the rubbish, and, presumably, the fact that they don't believe the driver knowingly gave him a lift. Otherwise, as you say, why suggest right from the outset, in the absence of any other evidence, that Corrie had been separated from his phone?

I think it is both a blessing and a curse that Corrie is a serving member of the Armed Forces and his Mum is a police officer. It has raised the profile of the case but, as others have said, it has made it very hard for him to come back if this is a spur of the moment AWOL. I don't think it is but anything is possible.

At the start it is possible that the RAF thought he had just gone walkabout so I don't find anything odd about someone from his camp contacting his brother. If he had gone home for a few days he would have been told to get back pronto, his CO would have given him a dressing down and that would have been the end of the matter. It is likely that by the time it became clear that he was missing almost a week had gone by and a lot of opportunities had been missed.

It is important that his phone is found if that is at all possible, it seems to me that if Corrie began to make arrangements to be picked up after his sleep in Hughes' doorway then he must have used an app on his phone for it. The police know he sent a photo, presumably by standard text, at 3.08 so they will have all the details of communications which would be on the phone provider's records, therefore it must have been an app. This would also explain why he didn't set off straight away.

By that reckoning, whoever he contacted was able to reach the Horseshoe by around 3.30 am so they must have either been within a certain distance or were already in town. I wonder if the police have looked at traffic going in to BSE in the hour or so before the last sighting of Corrie.

2nd question, we were discussing the possibility of him going AWOL,

Nicola is convinced that he could not go AWOL, we've queried what his relationships were with those at his camp/base, she seems to think they were very close?! Has anyone actually got a source they can credit as saying that his relationships were more difficult or is that just rumour?

Also, why did they not report him as AWOL? Did someone mention their opinion on this earlier in the thread? Why is this 'not Corrie? Surely anyone who decides to go AWOL behaves, or attempts to behave in a consistent manner so as not to arise suspicion?

not causing offence - just asking for clarification
The disappearance is entirely out of character for Corrie, whose RAF comrades in 2 Squadron have become like “brothers” to him.
Nicola said: “Corrie has not decided to just disappear, absolutely not. The RAF did not report Corrie as AWOL, which would be their normal procedure, they immediately reported him as missing and they took this to the highest level as soon as they could because this is not Corrie.

While I don't know the facts for how this differentiation would be made, I imagine it would go something like this:

Corrie doesn't turn up for work/roll call. Someone's sent to look for him and he doesn't answer the door to his room. A higher up is notified and they get the key to the room to make sure he's not in it, and he's not. Then they maybe put a call out for all the guys in his quarters or known friends of his to come in for a chat. The guys each get asked when they last saw Corrie and asked if he might have been making plans to go AWOL -- even just asking how his spirits were.

The higher up gets told that Corrie was last seen Friday night when a bunch of guys went for a night on the town. How did Corrie get there? He drove himself in his car?

So, who does the next part, the RAF or the police I don't know, but I think the next stages would be to see if that car is still there, and then have a look around Corrie's room and see if he took any clothes or items with him, or if they're still in his quarters.

If the car is still where Corrie left it, he's not been seen or heard of since the nightclub, he's not expressed any AWOL thoughts to anyone and generally seems happy, plus he hasn't taken anything with him, then I think it's reasonable that they would want it classed as missing person and not AWOL.

Another step in the process would likely be to get in touch with the serviceperson's family and see if they've turned up at home by now. Which Corrie hadn't.

Last point...

"Nicola said he did not regularly walk the long distance back to his base but had done so in the past."
Ok so it wasn't something he did regularly but he had done it before so there was history of him finding his own way back alone

"Officers admitted he could have jumped on the back of the lorry to hitch a lift and could have injured himself when jumping off to complete his journey on foot."
well I didn't know that, I thought we were all working on the assumption that this had been fully discounted, yet here we are... so could he have jumped on after the bins had been weighed and removed and had turned round to leave?

"It is equally possible he could have willingly, or unwillingly, got in another vehicle which is why, so far, he has not been spotted on CCTV leaving the town on foot. His family believe it is possible someone stole or picked up his phone and threw it away after realising it was of little value."
So he could have just dropped it getting into 'another vehicle..."

"Either way, the device was disconnected from its network in the area at around 8am."
did anyone find out if you could tell wether a device ran out of battery or was turned off?

"If Corrie did accept a lift, Barton Mills would not have been an obvious destination, while the most direct route to Honington on foot would have been on an A-road and country lane."
That leaves the possibility he could have been hit by a car or fell into one of the many waterways along the route. So far, a search        operation involving police helicopters, dogs, RAF personnel and the Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue team has failed to find any sign of him."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19808...ce-of-the-earth-from-near-terror-snatch-site/

Hmmmmm.....

I think another reason for the missing persons status might also be that the earliest suspicions were probably that Corrie had an accident on his way back from BSE in the early hours of Saturday morning.

But just to address the part here where Nicola said Corrie had walked that route before. That assertion was later retracted as if it had never been made.

I believe that was because Nicola and Darroch were getting their info on Corrie's night out behaviour from the other lads at the base and one of them mentioned that sometimes lads might walk home, and Nicola assumed that included Corrie, but was later corrected that Corrie had never done that walk himself.

The other option is actually that Corrie had done that walk and the RAF didn't want that known in case terrorists decided to lay in wait along that route for guys walking home after a night out, so all the statements get retracted and orders go out to everyone on base that they are not to walk that route in future but must always get a taxi or lift with a known friend.

It was said early on that jumping on the back of a bin lorry or getting a lift from a random stranger could easily be something that Corrie might do...his family wouldn't be shocked if they found out he did do something like that. But the route the lorry took has been searched, and it's been mentioned that there was a camera on the Fiveways roundabout that saw the bin lorry but no Corrie hanging on the back, so that option has not really been discussed as much the past few weeks simply the signs that ought to point to that haven't been found.

I think another reason for the missing persons status might also be that the earliest suspicions were probably that Corrie had an accident on his way back from BSE in the early hours of Saturday morning.

But just to address the part here where Nicola said Corrie had walked that route before. That assertion was later retracted as if it had never been made.

I believe that was because Nicola and Darroch were getting their info on Corrie's night out behaviour from the other lads at the base and one of them mentioned that sometimes lads might walk home, and Nicola assumed that included Corrie, but was later corrected that Corrie had never done that walk himself.

The other option is actually that Corrie had done that walk and the RAF didn't want that known in case terrorists decided to lay in wait along that route for guys walking home after a night out, so all the statements get retracted and orders go out to everyone on base that they are not to walk that route in future but must always get a taxi or lift with a known friend.

It was said early on that jumping on the back of a bin lorry or getting a lift from a random stranger could easily be something that Corrie might do...his family wouldn't be shocked if they found out he did do something like that. But the route the lorry took has been searched, and it's been mentioned that there was a camera on the Fiveways roundabout that saw the bin lorry but no Corrie hanging on the back, so that option has not really been discussed as much the past few weeks simply the signs that ought to point to that haven't been found.

I was under he impression the back of the lorry was ruled out by the greenwoods cam?

Just to say the official site has several updates as from today :

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/newsupdates/

Ok so only 1 way corrie could have left according to website so why haven't those vehicles been tracked? (See my earlier posts tonight about BM cctv ) Why was the bin lorry given more credence than these vehicles? Can we at least know the times these vehicles went in and out and are the witnesses being asked about them?
Now only 10 potential witnesses to trace. Is 4 minute man one of them? How many of those 10 can be described as wearing dark clothing and could some of them be the same people in a different location. ( legs, lurker and 4 minute man.)
Can we view colin sutton video and theorise whether corrie could have gone over the building as part of a prearranged meet? Anything else?

Very good point, assuming tho he hadn't changed his clothing, he would surely be so distinctive that I'd have thought that they'd have remembered him TBH
of course if he had got changed and was awol then this could be helpful?
Not awol at this point of the weekend was he? He has perhaps just hooked up or met someone at this stage and they could be fuelling a vehicle or getting a coffee ready to drive off somewhere. Awol wouldn't be till monday a.m. would it?

Im trying to get this kid of mine to bed but I didn't want to forget this. Why was he reported missing and not awol?
Because the elevated status of 'AWOL' attracts a criminal tag in the military purely by default. It's far easier to avoid ruining a career, creating unnecessary paperwork and recovering the same amount of time back 'for the Queen' in Colchester by listing him as missing. By listing him as missing, his absence can be covered with 'gardening leave' as damage limitation.
As I've suggested earlier, The end of the 4-6 month AND SIX DAYS period will be crucial as that will then have to move to the next level...AWOL. More than likely only then will the Military Police issue arrest warrants for his arrest.

I find this statement particularly confusing.

".... there are now only 10 unidentified individuals remaining, following the Pod CCTV review. Investigation to discount those who were identified continues".

Has this now changed from MisPer ?

Are the people now in the CCTV "Potential Suspects" that are to be investigated and the discounted (or not, as the case maybe) ?

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/newsupdates/

Because the elevated status of 'AWOL' attracts a criminal tag in the military purely by default. It's far easier to avoid ruining a career, creating unnecessary paperwork and recovering the same amount of time back 'for the Queen' in Colchester by listing him as missing. By listing him as missing, his absence can be covered with 'gardening leave' as damage limitation.
As I've suggested earlier, The end of the 4-6 month AND SIX DAYS period will be crucial as that will then have to move to the next level...AWOL. More than likely only then will the Military Police issue arrest warrants for his arrest.

Thank you for that, although still curious as to why he's not listed as a misper, although I get the feeling that isn't compulsory anyway

I think we can say with a degree of certainty there is a third party involved here whether on foot giving him vehicle access or in the vehicle.

Also interesting they're finally going to release images of the unidentified. They seem pretty thorough in talking to each potential witness that's for sure.

Yes, one could take it to mean that, but it doesn't make sense. To be honest I think this is the family once again being very woolly in what they are saying and causing confusion.

The "landfill site" turns out to not be a landfill site.

I suggest that "The recycling facility" is NOT the one at Barton Mills/Mildenhall because:

1. It is a household recycling site for use by residents and
2. It doesn't open until 9am.

In order for me to accept that the Barton Mills facility WAS the one the bin lorry offloaded its paper and cardboard at, I would need something absolutely explicit and unambiguous on the point from either the police or the family. However I don't think the family are clear enough on this themselves to be able to make such a statement.

Just had a thought. I wonder if regardless of our speculations, the paper recycling bin lorry DOES actually go to Mildenhall domestic recycling facility? It makes sense to me as it could pick up the already bailed or prepared bins for collection to be taken straight to their final destination at Thetfored, Great ?, and Ipswich?

Some food for thought...
For anyone who thought it was strange that Corrie didn't go with his friends and then he sat in the car drinking for an hour first - I'm currently doing the same thing, due to other commitments I am joining my friends out in the bar later, they have already pre drank and are at the bar now - I'm in the house drinking my bottle of wine now and will meet them there in about 45mins. It's common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy moly that's spooky.....I've just done the same thing last night (just got in)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie