UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, one could take it to mean that, but it doesn't make sense. To be honest I think this is the family once again being very woolly in what they are saying and causing confusion.

The "landfill site" turns out to not be a landfill site.

I suggest that "The recycling facility" is NOT the one at Barton Mills/Mildenhall because:

1. It is a household recycling site for use by residents and
2. It doesn't open until 9am.

In order for me to accept that the Barton Mills facility WAS the one the bin lorry offloaded its paper and cardboard at, I would need something absolutely explicit and unambiguous on the point from either the police or the family. However I don't think the family are clear enough on this themselves to be able to make such a statement.

I have an idea.....how about someone local drive into BSE early next Saturday morning, say, a bit before 4am and lie in wait for the bin lorry. Then (after watching and recording the bin emptying procedure) drive behind it following it's path to final destination.

So long as there hasn't been any changes in company procedure this ought to ascertain, once and for all, exactly where this rubbish went.

The 16th is a Friday so it's likely he celebrated that weekend unless he was working. I guess it's just another thing to add to the speculation list!

Didn't Nicola say in one of her interviews that she had just seen Corrie the weekend before he went missing (presumedly for his birthday)?

Morning guys just a random question what if all the cars been identified and he not seen getting in any of them and not seen leaving on foot either were would we go from there ?

Morning guys just a random question what if all the cars been identified and he not seen getting in any of them and not seen leaving on foot either were would we go from there ?

Then back option 1 - he is still in that small horseshoe area

As I've said before, I think it's because the police, for technical reasons, are fairly sure the phone was in the lorry. Why else would the lorry even have been on the radar at such an early stage of the investigation? And at the same time they have concluded that Corrie wasn't, due to the weight of the rubbish, and, presumably, the fact that they don't believe the driver knowingly gave him a lift. Otherwise, as you say, why suggest right from the outset, in the absence of any other evidence, that Corrie had been separated from his phone?

Because right at the outset it was probably ONE good and obvious line of enquiry. A bin lorry picked up a load, which may or may not have included the discarded phone, and drove towards BM where the phone's ping was picked up on the BM phone mast.

The police have said very little about it since then and have moved on to other lines of enquiry weeks ago.

and it's been mentioned that there was a camera on the Fiveways roundabout that saw the bin lorry but no Corrie hanging on the back,

This is the first I've seen about a camera at Fiveways. I'd assumed there must be one but couldn't spot it on streetview. Can you remember the source?

Obviously 2 of the 5 roads leading off the roundabout are the A11 but the other three are more minor, and less busy, roads. I wonder what other vehicles entered the roundabout from the A1101 from BSE within the relevant time period and whether they have been compared to the vehicles seen in and around the Horseshoe earlier.

They must have been, surely? That's pretty basic stuff.

Assuming there really is a camera there.

And possibly a bit counterproductive, since if their 69,000 *advertiser censored****** group members didn't know about Websleuths before that they sure do now.

Wondering which part of "Don't mention the *F* word" you've not understood :banghead:

Just had a thought. I wonder if regardless of our speculations, the paper recycling bin lorry DOES actually go to Mildenhall domestic recycling facility? It makes sense to me as it could pick up the already bailed or prepared bins for collection to be taken straight to their final destination at Thetfored, Great ?, and Ipswich?

If that happened, how would we account for the fact that the phone was still pinging the BM mast until 8am when it stopped?

If the phone was in the bin lorry, and the bin lorry collected compacted paper and card at the recycling centre, and then went on to a larger facility, I would have expected the lorry to leave the BM mast area by 6am or 6.30am at the latest. In that case the phone would have pinged one or more other towers during its journey elsewhere.

It was the bin lorry driver in the recycling centre with the piece of lead pipe.

Why is the public search being arranged for 2 weeks time and not sooner?

If that happened, how would we account for the fact that the phone was still pinging the BM mast until 8am when it stopped?

If the phone was in the bin lorry, and the bin lorry collected compacted paper and card at the recycling centre, and then went on to a larger facility, I would have expected the lorry to leave the BM mast area by 6am or 6.30am at the latest. In that case the phone would have pinged one or more other towers during its journey elsewhere.

It was the bin lorry driver in the recycling centre with the piece of lead pipe.
it's on the Find Corrie page and confirmed correct that the last ping was around 5am. it would be good to know where the bin lorry went after Bury and if it should have pinged the master somewhere else? good point!

it's on the Find Corrie page and confirmed correct that the last ping was around 5am. it would be good to know where the bin lorry went after Bury and if it should have pinged the master somewhere else? good point!

I was under the impression that the phone's apps stopped updating themselves around 5am and that it last pinged at around 8am, when it is assumed the battery died or the phone was damaged or destroyed. Either the story has changed or I'm completely confused on this point.

This is the first I've seen about a camera at Fiveways. I'd assumed there must be one but couldn't spot it on streetview. Can you remember the source?

Obviously 2 of the 5 roads leading off the roundabout are the A11 but the other three are more minor, and less busy, roads. I wonder what other vehicles entered the roundabout from the A1101 from BSE within the relevant time period and whether they have been compared to the vehicles seen in and around the Horseshoe earlier.

They must have been, surely? That's pretty basic stuff.

Assuming there really is a camera there.

I thought it came from one of Nicola's updates in the place that must not be named, and that I read it here. I could have got the wrong end of the stick, I just recall several people saying the lorry was caught on a camera and that was how they were able to discount Corrie hanging on the back of the lorry.

I thought it came from one of Nicola's updates in the place that must not be named, and that I read it here. I could have got the wrong end of the stick, I just recall several people saying the lorry was caught on a camera and that was how they were able to discount Corrie hanging on the back of the lorry.
I think it is a motion activated camera.

I think it is a motion activated camera.

Agree - it was described as a 'motion activated camera' at the Fiveways. I don't have the original source of the information, but it was mentioned/discussed several times in earlier threads e.g. here.

Edit: Have found a media source confirming Nicola's quote re motion activated camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r