UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know about keeping pets in military quarters and if it is allowed?

From experience ... in wasn't much done.
Numerous "tours" under my belt, I reckon the dog would have left me before I got a chance to kick it out.

Edit !

I have to reference this.

Sunny Bessbrook !!!!
[video=youtube;OcMb11faqBg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcMb11faqBg[/video]

Sorry it's only a minor issue but that map of the phone mast that keeps getting re-posted...

The mast is on the North of the roundabout inside the Macdonalds land, not to the south of it by the Esso/Ambulance Service as suggested by that graphic.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Barton+Mills,+Bury+Saint+Edmunds/@52.339475,0.5349842,3a,63.2y,290.19h,100.02t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6IygedSzmo0iQ8D5TqELbg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d847132bbb02d5:0xcbfd391f759a3521!8m2!3d52.3337999!4d0.523108

Yes it's only a minor thing. But it's a bit annoying to see that map every time cos it's not pinpointing the actual mast location very accurately. Or can you show a pic of this supposed mast on the South side of the roundabout pls? Keep in mind phone masts are always fenced off as they have an electrical hazard risk.

fk5k04.jpg

There is a suspect pole to the left of the L of "Little Chef" in the above pic, but it's not fenced off as phone masts generally are. In fact I'd go out on a limb and say that phone masts are ALWAYS purposefully fenced off. They're infrastructure, after all. Still, this doesn't really reflect a different radius or anything, just a bit odd to keep re-using a graphic that isn't entirely accurate.

Furthermore, and call me nebulous, but a public search in 2 weeks time takes the **** a bit doesn't it? If anything it at least shows that going thru official means slows everything the heck down. As someone else said, this is entirely a "one way street". So when we're asked to "Find Corrie" it makes you wonder, find him on who's terms and why? It certainly doesn't seem like "find him through any means necessary because we want him back regardless"... ?! We are all being corralled, to follow orders without being given any direct orders.

I personally feel that forest area where the phone mast (in my pic above is) is a good one to search, for the phone at least. Because it's the forest that is surrounded by things we know may play a part in this, the phone mast, Mildenhall, the WRC centre. So if, and when, they announce the public search, and they ask everyone to help search somewhere to the east of BSE, then I think I'll be affirmed that this "one way street" has also a torrent of sewage spewing down it.

Another slightly off the current line of thought, one thing I really didn't like was the wording in a recent update that "the CCTV footage was seized". It's another strange word to use (and plenty of strange words have been subject to scrutiny well before this one) because why would the police need to 'seize' footage from a CCTV centre that they part operate? The one where the official ceremony image has the entire heads of local police chiefs stood inside it. That CCTV centre is supposed to flow with the police not need its assets "seized". It's an odd, negative choice of word IMO, where "handed over" or "shared" would suffice. If it's "siezed" does that mean there is now an active criminal element to this investigation? As someone else mentioned about certain conditioning of certain people involved, "siezed" sounds like pretty specific wording in regards to the official nature of "Find Corrie"! Well, I just found that odd. Will try to post the quote and link if I find it again, I think it was on one of the findcorrie.co.uk 5th Dec updates.

K, and disclaimer: please don't repeat my posts on facebook to the family, ty. I purposefully used this site to discuss it because a) it's not officially connected to the family, investigation b) this isn't a victims support website c) have you tried writing a summary of this case to open a discussion elsewhere? I did, but it's so all over the place, I decided to find one to participate in, instead...

Just want to add something to that "disclaimer" part but missed the edit window ;) (TLDR: some psychology behind my posts and this thread & its 'reputation')

I am not and would not ever be so callous as to discuss this sort of thing right under victim's noses. If the family are choosing to use this website then that is their choice as impartial viewers as we all are. I am involved as indirectly as I have found it possible to be. I appreciate this case has a particularly strong media element and online presence for its official capacity, but that doesn't mean the whole internet just shuts down to facilitate it because some folks are less discrete (or aware) when they're being overtly direct.

We've been called out because clearly this thread is one of, if not, the most active threads on this on pretty much the entirety of the internet. But it's also clearly more integrity driven than you'd ever get at Facebook. When you've got a thing going on Facebook, you're really one step away from having something going on in an IMDB comments board (if you've ever read those, lovely place, really, many thoughtful conversations <-- sarcasm) My point is, I'd hope people are coming to their own conclusions and as much as I'd like to think you're quoting me cos I've had good ideas, it's probably safer that you don't lol, is all.

Definitely take what *I* post with 80 pinches of salt. But, don't we all understand by visiting this site we're not here in an official capacity anyway? I'm not on the police force, I didn't assume anyone else here was, or that anyone else here has anything other than ideas and dots to try and connect. Hell, I'm drinking beer and smoking cigs. I'm quite pleased to be nebulous because it sounds like nebula or nebuli which would make us seem "of the stars" so that's ok ;) Also, because a purple haze isn't necessarily a bad one..!!! Personally, I'm perfectly aware of how people would want to spread this info and other info and pass it on and that IS commendable action in this day of internet age and social media.

The police are capable of gathering the right info when they want to. They would never consider anything being written on the net as credible info anyway. My feeling is that the family have simply never had to deal with "the internet" quite on this level before. I'm sure no-one has on this level... but I mean even on a sort of mid-level scale of the internet coming AT YOU. Something you learn over time with the internet coming at you, is to simply, quietly and calmly dispell hearsay and not be offended. The "brain" of the internet is a wild and wacky one, it's all over the place, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily against you. It's how you take that information, sort it, and react to it (if at all). Anyone with any internet based profession has the internet coming at them at some level. Emails don't count and having a website doesn't either, I mean when you have a notable reputation as an entity on the internet, like a youtube celeb, or a kickstarter, or No Man's Sky game, of which Find Corrie has right now through its use of group building and word spreading. "Find Corrie" now almost has "sensation" status when it comes to facebook followers. We didn't create that, they did. Rule 1 of choosing to create that identity: It's about to come at you. Deal with it.

Well, at the least by being open (and trying not to break the rules!) WE can all be said to have nothing to hide in this case... But certain reactions (this forum and off-site rules) dictate that you take what I say with a pinch of salt. Clearly, that we all take what everyone says here with a pinch of salt. I'm not personally trying to purposefully cause any negative chain-reactions and I don't think anyone else is either. So also that they should take anything that's coming off the internet with a pinch of salt too. It's the freaking internet, for a start.

I know this isnt the spot, but a highschool friends dad went missing a week ago if anyone could start a thread heres a link to the local news. Not much info available right now from what ive seen but hoping someone can get ideas... http://www.krem.com/news/community/have-you-seen-this-person/362451967 feel free to delete. The benewah county sheriff page has the same post with some comments from locals that may be of help, but I couldnt grab the link on my phone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I know this isnt the spot, but a highschool friends dad went missing a week ago if anyone could start a thread heres a link to the local news. Not much info available right now from what ive seen but hoping someone can get ideas... http://www.krem.com/news/community/have-you-seen-this-person/362451967 feel free to delete. The benewah county sheriff page has the same post with some comments from locals that may be of help, but I couldnt grab the link on my phone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pm admin - they should be able to help you with this :)

When Corrie stops on the cctv, and looks back twice, can he, at that position, have full view of the horseshoe?

I've only ever been kicked out twice so I have limited experience. It says on the website there was no argument. So what kind of behaviour gets you asked to leave a club?

Being too drunk and staggering about is one sure way of getting chucked out of a club. I've also seen people chucked out for being too rowdy - dancing on chairs/tables etc. There's a million reasons why he might have been asked to leave - sometimes bouncers just like to throw their weight about and if they take a disliking to you they'll eventually get you put out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From experience ... in wasn't much done.
Numerous "tours" under my belt, I reckon the dog would have left me before I got a chance to kick it out.

Edit !

I have to reference this.

Sunny Bessbrook !!!!
[video=youtube;OcMb11faqBg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcMb11faqBg[/video]

Ah, bessbrook isn't too far from me! Small world.

I found it strange that pets were allowed, only for the fact that if they are deployed or out on duty, who looks after it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFA appears to be family accommodation/married quarters. Single accommodation has the acronym SLA and there are rules posted on this PDF

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...114_-_JSP_464_Volume_2_Part_1_-_Version_3.pdf

Secton 5.08 deals with pets, and says

"0508. Keeping Pets in SLA. There is no entitlement to keep domestic pets in SLA. However, it is recognised that personnel may wish to keep pets, but that the wishes of the individual will need to be balanced against the sensitivities of other personnel living nearby. In order to keep a pet in SLA, the occupant is required to seek written permission from the Local Service Commander before acquiring the pet/bringing the pet into the SLA. Local Service Commanders are to establish clear guidelines on the keeping of pets in SLA."

There's also a section on the type of quarters for each rank, many ranks are given a single bedroom with en suite. I think that might be what Corrie is in?

If anyone has information, you need to contact the suffolk police rather than stick it on the internet for everyone to read. I don't understand why you wouldn't do that.

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
WS Administrator

just a reminder :)

If anyone has information, you need to contact the suffolk police rather than stick it on the internet for everyone to read. I don't understand why you wouldn't do that.

TBF this isn't new information, I think the original posts were deleted but I'm sure Mel posted this quite a while back although it's never been publically confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx