UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I find interesting is that none of his colleagues/mates have said, 'Corrie was going to get a lift back with xyz' if indeed this was a pre planned lift for a party or whatever why he wouldn't have suggested to them from the outset, after the club I'm doing xyz. That tells me three things either 1) he was planning to do something he didn't want everyone to know about, 2) the lift was arranged via an app later on 3) there was no lift just an unfortunate wrong place wrong time.

I think it's interesting that we've heard not a single word publically from the friends. Maybe they've been instructed to keep quiet and are helping the police and family behind the scenes

I think it's interesting that we've heard not a single word publically from the friends. Maybe they've been instructed to keep quiet and are helping the police and family behind the scenes

Did we ever find out if there is a D-Notice, because that might stop his RAF mates from speaking out, maybe?? I wonder if Corrie has many non-forces friends in BSE or would the lads on camp tend to stick with their own?

It does feel like despite all the social media coverage there's a bit of hush-hush going on too.

If he's like most of the lads I know, they just make it up as the night goes on. not much planning goes on.

ITA, nothing we've heard about any of the night's activities has ever struck me as being unusual behaviour from a groups of lads out on the razz. People will always judge things by their own experiences and one person's normal is someone else's very strange.

IMO the only unusal thing is how the evening ended up for Corrie and I don't think the method of getting to BSE, the time of setting off, the drinking in the car, the sleeping in the doorway etc are factors in that. In cases with little to go on every time piece of information takes on a huge significance which is understandable but only time will tell.

JMO

I would speculate the Raf mates have spoken to police as they would be the first logical people to interview.

The thing I find interesting is that none of his colleagues/mates have said, 'Corrie was going to get a lift back with xyz' if indeed this was a pre planned lift for a party or whatever why he wouldn't have suggested to them from the outset, after the club I'm doing xyz. That tells me three things either 1) he was planning to do something he didn't want everyone to know about, 2) the lift was arranged via an app later on 3) there was no lift just an unfortunate wrong place wrong time.
If his mates didn't even know they had left him behind at camp (if that is true) then I cannot see how by the end of the evening they would be thinking clearer. They appear to have had a bit of a system where if they didn't hear from each other they were already fixed up with a lift or didn't need one. Its obviously worked up till now but

Did we ever find out if there is a D-Notice, because that might stop his RAF mates from speaking out, maybe?? I wonder if Corrie has many non-forces friends in BSE or would the lads on camp tend to stick with their own?

It does feel like despite all the social media coverage there's a bit of hush-hush going on too.

I haven't seen confirmation one way or the other on the D notice

Hello, long term lurker joining in. I think I have followed every single post on here from the start. Many a late night catching up. There are a couple of members thoughts that fall very in line with my thinking. The wait.. After the turning down of a lift in mama Mia's I'm as close to convinced as I can be that there was a wait for a lift. I don't really buy into the on to the next party thought as at that time of the morning the 'collector' would have to be planning on being reasonably sober or at least sober enough to operate a vehicle. Who would want to turn up to a party likely in full swing and have that much catching up to do. I don't buy into that. I could go on for a long time about my thoughts but I'm just going to respond to each conversation as it crops up from now on.

Or the driver had just finished work and would have a car parked locally? It would explain the 2 hour wait if the lift had been prearranged?
I used to work in a bar, we'd finish at midnight and then head out to a club or house party afterwards so I don't think that's too unusual if you're in your twenties! Many moons ago for me now but I do remember the days... :)

I too think there's a lot of hushhush surrounding this case ... did anyone else think he looked like he was kind of loitering, waiting for someone as he walked towards the horseshoe looking back up the little street he came from? Also, It seemed he was jogging as if to see if someone was there going towards the end of that little street where it opens up but stopped when he got in full view of the cctv and could see down to the horseshoe.... it's all very suspect to say the least. I hope if he is safe and well, he notifies his family asap.

I haven't seen confirmation one way or the other on the D notice
It might be helpful to list things that we believe need some clarification/answers. Don't know if we would get anything but
1. Is there a D notice in effect.
2.etc

Polo, Mel, please pass your info to the police. As no one knows what has happened, your info could be important.

Shiressleuth I reported this to the Police on 19th November but they didn't reply :(

I still have the message.

Or the driver had just finished work and would have a car parked locally? It would explain the 2 hour wait if the lift had been prearranged?
I used to work in a bar, we'd finish at midnight and then head out to a club or house party afterwards so I don't think that's too unusual if you're in your twenties! Many moons ago for me now but I do remember the days... :)

The car thing is bugging me. Presumably any travelling vehicle would have been picked up on at least a couple of cameras, therefore it should be straightforward to work out if any of them stopped at all, or if any of them originated from the bin area. Remember, someone could have been parked right there all night and couldn't be seen on any of the cameras.

Shiressleuth I reported this to the Police on 19th November but they didn't reply :(

Have you thought about messaging Nicola or Tony directly? I think you should if you haven't already, seems like it could be a key piece of info.... Either the police/family already know in which case the info they put out is wrong, or they don't know in which case the man you met hasn't told them for some reason. Either way I think it's worth following up.

If I was you I would go to the police station in person, give them a hard copy of the message when you reported it initially and take a note of the officer's name and number that you report it to the second time. You can even ask them to put it in their desk diary as proof you have reported it. They may well already know but are just not saying for reasons unbeknownst to us mortals. At least you can then be sure and not worry about it further. Keep a note of the date of the second reporting too.

In terms of the waiting and ore arranged lifts, he sat in a doorway for two hours and unintentionally fell asleep. Plenty of time to try catch people still up on WhatsApp and secured then wait for a lift.

It's said he slept for two hours but we know that isn't true. He sat down to finish eating his food and was awake at 3.08. He could have been on his phone or closing his eyes (but not sleeping)

It would, but having waited around for 2 hours what would have happened if that lift simply didn't materialise at the end of the wait?

"Sorry to let you down, mate, but I've picked up this bird and I'm going back to her place".

It seems to me that if he was faced with a 2 hour wait the choices are:

1. Think "soddit" and just walk home. You'd be home by the time your lift was due to pick you up. Once you're almost home send your lift a text to cancel.

or

2. Decide to sit in a shop doorway for two hours waiting for a lift which might never come, and then having to walk home for 2 hours if it doesn't.

This middle aged civilian looks at the options and thinks "soddit".

I don't understand why the police in Bury didn't move Corrie on out the doorway as they do regular patrols on a weekend and they would of seen him and why he wasn't given a yellow ticket.?

Ringing the Police is all well and good, people will have felt great about doing that.

What concerns me more than anything is....not many get a call back?..

Wonder why that is? ..It isn't all about cut backs I'm sure.

It would, but having waited around for 2 hours what would have happened if that lift simply didn't materialise at the end of the wait?

"Sorry to let you down, mate, but I've picked up this bird and I'm going back to her place".

It seems to me that if he was faced with a 2 hour wait the choices are:

1. Think "soddit" and just walk home. You'd be home by the time your lift was due to pick you up. Once you're almost home send your lift a text to cancel.

or

2. Decide to sit in a shop doorway for two hours waiting for a lift which might never come, and then having to walk home for 2 hours if it doesn't.

This middle aged civilian looks at the options and thinks "soddit".

You would have to assume he wasn't just waiting for a lift to go somewhere but was waiting to see a specific person. So if he just wanted to go from a to b he could just get a taxi. But if he was waiting for a lift off a specific person he'd have to wait for them to be free to come get him. So it could be the person had a longer drive than ten minutes or so or was working or was out elsewhere. In my opinion from the phone pings he wasn't intended on going to honington he was intending on going to mildenhall.

I mean think about it, if he was going to honington why would the usaf man in the takeaway offer him a lift when the usaf man got a taxi? It's not like he was going to drive him to honington then drive home, he was going to taxi share.

My understanding is that the existence of a D notice won't be confirmed or denied. That That's sort of the point of one?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member