UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me she is not happy the police have allowed the grandparents to do a conference and offer a reward. Perhaps it was done completely without her knowledge? Which is pretty low. You'd think the police would liase with both mother and father

I don't doubt the reward and father/grandparent conference was without her approval, but why would the police have been involved in that? Anyone can call a press conference and put up reward money.
So sad for Nicola. For a serving officer to make a statement like that, things must be very very wrong with the investigation.

Looks to me she is not happy the police have allowed the grandparents to do a conference and offer a reward. Perhaps it was done completely without her knowledge? Which is pretty low. You'd think the police would liase with both mother and father

I don't know if "reward" has to be authorised by the police? Is that necessary?

"This is more than just resources, this is an utter betrayal of trust." - Nicola.

I wonder has happened to lead her to state that there's been an "utter betrayal of trust"?
As in, what has been the trigger to it, what has come to light?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

totally agree with you Stradynn when and I will say When Corrie is fond I think all hell will break loose I don't think this family will forget this. I think it must of been so hard with her being an officer but enough is enough she has had enough its been a *advertiser censored* up rom day one and now shes finally broke her silence over it

I don't doubt the reward and father/grandparent conference was without her approval, but why would the police have been involved in that? Anyone can call a press conference and put up reward money.
So sad for Nicola. For a serving officer to make a statement like that, things must be very very wrong with the investigation.

I don't know if "reward" has to be authorised by the police? Is that necessary?

Yes, good question. I'd have expected the police to have been present at the press conference if it was anything to do with them.

I would imagine that Nicola would refuse to offer a reward, as a reward has the huge potential to distract little resources away from the areas that they need to focus on, wasting more time.

It's a hard situation.

I can see both sides, as a normal civilian I would have pushed to have the public out searching from day one for ANY signs of Corrie, I would also have tried to gather up a substantial reward for information but what I need to remember is, Nicola is a lot smarter and switched on than I will ever be about the best ways to get the best results without hampering anything. 10 weeks, nearly 11 weeks on though, as disappointed as she is with today's events, unless there IS something major going on behind the scenes - I think it will do no harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...on the one hand I could understand her being angry if Suffolk Police didn't give her the heads up about this but on the other hand why would this necessarily be a bad thing and how does it destroy Nicola's faith with them? Is it specifically the putting up a reward that bothers Nicola? I wonder if this side of the family have been wanting to do this for a while...

I was about to get back into discussing the CCTV cameras with Markymint but now this has come up it is making me think about the case differently.

Course not. I could offer a reward here and now and it wouldn't need approval. I'm sure she is happy for Corrie's father's concern regardless of their current situation if they are seperated or sth (I don't know, I'm not following the actual family quite so closely as some folks are). You folks have had to deal with the police before, right? And you've experienced their level of competence? If you never have, it's easy to continue to praise them. Those of us who have can probably relate to her side of the story though. The police are about processing and manpower, but this case is about intelligence gathering and human psychology factors. In some areas the police appear to be doing a good job, in other areas a pretty piss poor one, for a start, saying they won't search the 1 place the phone that is the key piece of evidence may be.

I wonder has happened to lead her to state that there's been an "utter betrayal of trust"?
What has come to light?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

I would assume that Nicola feels betrayed as they have possibly agreed prior to today that a reward is not the way forward and then all of a sudden there's a reward offered. I can see her point.

Yes, good question. I'd have expected the police to have been present at the press conference if it was anything to do with them.

You're right I'm ahead of myself!

I'm a little concerned to be honest. I really wonder what the status will be come tomorrow

surely if things are happening behind the scenes the family would know something enough to not make Nicola make an outburst like that I don't think its anything to do with the Reward I think they have basically tried keeping her sweet saying this and that but because Nicola as done her own little detective work Like speaking to locals etc shes found out well things are possible and this and that hasn't been done

I'm a little concerned to be honest. I really wonder what the status will be come tomorrow

Same. The officers comments have made me a little uneasy... "We are using the similar resources we would put into a murder investigation,"

On top of his fathers side of the families comments, that they believe (as I do) that there was a 3rd party involved but that the grandad fears he may never see Corrie again.

Has this, unknown to us and the greater public, turned into a murder enquiry?

surely if things are happening behind the scenes the family would know something enough to not make Nicola make an outburst like that I don't think its anything to do with the Reward I think they have basically tried keeping her sweet saying this and that but because Nicola as done her own little detective work Like speaking to locals etc shes found out well things are possible and this and that hasn't been done

All I can say is if true there's a huge possibilty the police have nothing

Same. The officers comments have made me a little uneasy... "We are using the similar resources we would put into a murder investigation,"

On top of his fathers side of the families comments, that they believe (as I do) that there was a 3rd party involved but that the grandad fears he may never see Corrie again.

Has this, unknown to us and the greater public, turned into a murder enquiry?

What's concerning me is why is this a murder enquiry without the title? What has made them pour murder level resources into a misper case? What do they know that makes this such high level they can even sign off a high level of resource especially with other murder cases ongoing (well, that tony has referenced I don't know exactly)

She looked pretty broken on the interview we watched yesterday - I fear this is the final straw that broke the camels back..
My heart breaks for her and from a mothers point of view (yes I am female) I have wondered how she's managed to control herself all this time, I think now we are going to see a different side to her..and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee