UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, Nicola said she had no faith left in the police, it was after those comments that the police said "We are using the similar resources we would put into a murder investigation,", so technically, if the police did think it was a murder case, Nicola has possibly only found that out after she publicly slammed them? Surely they would have told her this before responding to her latest comments?

Nicola's in a very difficult, even dangerous, position professionally. As a FLO she's probably a fairly low-ranking uniformed cop and here she is publicly criticising more senior officers of another force. I imagine her behaviour will be being scrutinised very closely by her own force. While there will no doubt be some leeway for her speaking personally as a mother, her professionalism under fire will be being looked at.

BBC look east interviewed the police with venom by the sounds of it. Was aired at 6.30pm tonight, can't find it on the catch up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In fairly local and missed it. I can't catch up or find it anywhere

That's exactly what I'm wondering...something has triggered Nicola to speak out like this

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Nicola says she has been "betrayed" by Suffolk police.

Thinking heads on, what could they do, or not do, to provoke a statement like that from nicola

Nicola's in a very difficult, even dangerous, position professionally. As a FLO she's probably a fairly low-ranking uniformed cop and here she is publicly criticising more senior officers of another force. I imagine her behaviour will be being scrutinised very closely by her own force. While there will no doubt be some leeway for her speaking personally as a mother, her professionalism under fire will be being looked at.

Perhaps, but I think she has just reached the boiling point and doesn't give a crap, to be quite honest. She's followed every protocol they've given her and it must have sickened her enough, seeing that leads weren't followed up on and other aspects of the investigation gone awry, that she just let loose. You go, girl! You have every right to!

Thinking heads on, what could they do, or not do, to provoke a statement like that from nicola

Allow a reward to distract them with irrelevant information from people? That's my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday's interview said they were in Dumferline - so the family has gone home at this point? That's not a good sign...

Well this is all getting a bit messy. Poor Nicola, the bottom has fallen out of her world and now everything's on the line.

Meanwhile, I still can't decide what I think happened.... hopefully this latest appeal and Nicola's statement will lead to a push in media interest and prompt the police to reveal more information.

The only thing I can think of that makes any sort sense (not that it really does!) is that the CCTV stills going public have been cancelled?

I don't think I'm ready to go any further just yet on other possibilities.

In her situation I expect she doesn't give a t**s about her job now.

Well this is all getting a bit messy. Poor Nicola, the bottom has fallen out of her world and now everything's on the line.

Meanwhile, I still can't decide what I think happened.... hopefully this latest appeal and Nicola's statement will lead to a push in media interest and prompt the police to reveal more information.

I just rewatched the grandparents' interview again, and grandma seems to lean heavily on the abduction/kidnapping angle

I notice as well the article doesn't really give anything away regarding whether they're leaning towards finding him alive or not. Something must have happened. I feel the quote about it not being resources but a betrayal of trust means it will come out what's happened within the investigation. I also feel this is going to boost their viewing figures tomorrow which can only be a good thing. Why does it feel like this is the first time msm has taken this case seriously?

Agree completely, I don't think the reward and father/grandparents press conference is nothing to do with Nicola's statement. I guess it's coincidence it was today, or that they are equally as frustrated with things. I imagine the reward will be studiously ignored by the other side.
I was confident things were moving forward behind the scenes, it's awful to think that's not the case.

I agree, and I think that is what's so shocking! We were all thinking the police were busy doing their investigation in the background and hoping they've been nailing down a solid lead all this time. I think some heads are going to roll if they don't pull a rabbit out of their hat and find him quick!

Just caught up to this post and wtf? With Nicola being police herself, I can't emphasise enough just how damning her statement is.

Just what has the family found out today / in the last 24 hours?

IMO, we just need to dry our eyes out and wait and see.

Just caught up to this post and wtf? With Nicola being police herself, I can't emphasise enough just how damning her statement is.

Just what has the family found out today / in the last 24 hours?

Is it possible she is just finally realising that the service which she has most likely dedicated her life to isn't what she thought it was. That she feels she's wasted her time in policing all these years? I work in a similar sector, and have come to a similar realisation lately. That not everyone is like me. That not everyone really cares like I do etc.

Maybe she's realised that this is her hour of need and the people she thought she could rely on(because if the shoe was on the other foot she'd give it her all) really aren't working as hard as they could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010