UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice when she says 'outside help' on the interview, she didn't mention Scotland yard? weren't scotland yard supposed to be supporting them? could someone find a source? I suspect that they've promised to deliver on things and it just hasn't happened, and I would imagine that then, Nicola would feel manipulated and lied too.

I notice as well the article doesn't really give anything away regarding whether they're leaning towards finding him alive or not. Something must have happened. I feel the quote about it not being resources but a betrayal of trust means it will come out what's happened within the investigation. I also feel this is going to boost their viewing figures tomorrow which can only be a good thing. Why does it feel like this is the first time msm has taken this case seriously?

I get that feeling, too. I'm sure Nicola being one of their own (police officer) is going to put her in the headlines after her comments - opens up the case for police backlash all over the UK. This could have larger repercussions than we realize at the moment.

Thanks for the link. Interestingly enough, towards the end of the questions, the officer basically admits without saying, that they haven't got a CLUE what has happened to Corrie!!! I am gobsmacked.

Here's me thinking that the police had been playing a smart game to try and lure/trick the offender into slipping up when in actual fact, they have NOTHING!! Wow... just WOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, and I think that is what's so shocking! We were all thinking the police were busy doing their investigation in the background and hoping they've been nailing down a solid lead all this time. I think some heads are going to roll if they don't pull a rabbit out of their hat and find him quick!

I have never felt the Police are working on any serious leads behind the scenes. I just don't think there re any. Corrie is a missing person in their eyes as there is absolutely no evidence to prove otherwise. Then endless hours spent searching on the ground and helicopters has revealed nothing. I believe the Police think he has chosen to go missing and the fact his family do not have the same opinion is another matter. Unless they can prove something sinister has happened they will continue as they are. It always amazes me when you hear the report of a missing person etc and withing a matter of hours they make an arrest for murder. This has never been the case as there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE! I truly believe Corrie is alive but the whole social media explosion has made it impossible for him to come forward. If he is alive, how must he be feeling. You would want to disappear!!! Well I would if it were me!!!!! JMO.

Saw the question re retention of data by Grindr/Tinder and did some digging (Incognito is your friend!) and have found these answers:

Grindr: Yes, messages are retained by the company as proved by statements

*"Instant Message. When you send an instant message (which may include photos, location, audio or video) to other users of the Grindr Service, we will retain the messages (“Instant Messages”) as required by the operation of the Grindr Service."

*"Disclosure Of Your Personal Data. We disclose Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below (and elsewhere in this Privacy Policy)."

*"Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), Grindr may disclose Personal Data in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws; to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law."

So essentially the data will be on Grindr's servers and will be disseminated when legally required.

Tinder: By using the service you are supplying them with the content of your messages

*If you chat with other Tinder users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.

* In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency Tinder will disclose information upon request from law enforcement

At this point I now know more than I wanted to about the above apps (not to mention finding out there are a few more of similar ilk!)

:blushing:

Thanks for the link. Interestingly enough, towards the end of the questions, the officer basically admits without saying, that they haven't got a CLUE what has happened to Corrie!!! I am gobsmacked.

Here's me thinking that the police had been playing a smart game to try and lure/trick the offender into slipping up when in actual fact, they have NOTHING!! Wow... just WOW.

I sadly don't think they have a clue what's going on....this is why the family have put a reward up. It would also explain why they are organising a public search without the behest of LE

All i noticed was that it said the grandparents had to travelled to Bury. Could Nicola feel peeved she has been there all these weeks and nothing yet she arrives back home and a reward is offered?

Newsreader grills the assistant police chief, great!

I think it makes a good point when grilled on progress, that the search in fields is repeated. Reporter was close to the pertinent question but never asked, why have the 3 vehicles still not been identified.

That's the first time I've shed tears for that poor family that was utterly heartbreaking. The acc was seemingly very hacked off to be talking to the news.

I have a strange feeling.

Her words are really powerful:
Mr Mckeague's mother Mrs Urquhart said: "The police have behaved in such a way that they have utterly destroyed any faith or trust I have in them actually trying to do something to find Corrie.
"They have absolutely destroyed my belief that they are competent and they know what they're doing.
"This is more than just resources, this is an utter betrayal of trust."

It sounds to me that the police have done something that she just found out about and she snapped. She says it's not just about resources (so I don't think it means the investigation as a whole), but the "utter betrayal of trust" let's on that it is very serious, this breach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where I get confused is that according to the family they have, to list one thing, 3 identified cars from at/close to the horseshoe. To me identified means who, what, where.

Is this info wrong or are the Police holding back for another reason beyond their control? Or have the cars been checked and eliminated and if so, why not say so?

This has all the markings of another "mysterious" case to be added to the UK pile....

Waste of 10 weeks by sounds of it I think she feels betrayed as they made promises to her they obviously haven't kept oh we will have this by so so week and this will happen etc and nothing as happened shes no further on then what she was when she arrived in Bury.

Saw the question re retention of data by Grindr/Tinder and did some digging (Incognito is your friend!) and have found these answers:

So basically if Corrie had been using Tinder or Grinder that night the police would have been able to check his messages?

Grindr: Yes, messages are retained by the company as proved by statements

*"Instant Message. When you send an instant message (which may include photos, location, audio or video) to other users of the Grindr Service, we will retain the messages (“Instant Messages”) as required by the operation of the Grindr Service."

*"Disclosure Of Your Personal Data. We disclose Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below (and elsewhere in this Privacy Policy)."

*"Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), Grindr may disclose Personal Data in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws; to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law."

So essentially the data will be on Grindr's servers and will be disseminated when legally required.

Tinder: By using the service you are supplying them with the content of your messages

*If you chat with other Tinder users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.

* In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency Tinder will disclose information upon request from law enforcement

At this point I now know more than I wanted to about the above apps (not to mention finding out there are a few more of similar ilk!)

:blushing:

Thank you for that, I believe it was me asking. This relieves me that messages are obtainable by police

As far as investigations go, families (and parents) normally portray a more "united front".

My heart goes out to the grandparents. They seem noble and sensible types. And are clearly struggling with this most harrowing situation.

I'm not sure what the police can actually do. There are no "magic wanders". The facts that they have... are the facts that they have (and I guess we don't know them).

The bits we do "know" are....
Corrie waited for 2 hours and then went to meet someone. Perhaps he went to meet them in Short Brackland ? Maybe he went for a pee in the bin area as they had not yet arrived ?

We are "second guessing" of two "10 second" CCTV clips that have been shown.

If the police held back something very vital from Nicola, perhaps thinking it was not a big deal - only to have it surface and realize that this information could have changed the entire course of the investigation, it could explain her comments. I think they believe it is a kidnapping/abduction and something else just surfaced to solidify their investigation. JMO based on today's events and the presser given by Corrie's grandparents that practically spell it out.

My feelings exactly! I raised this yesterday on here as I don't believe a small town like BSE would have 24/7 CCTV coverage on every street. Nobody can vanish into thin air, far more likely to have been missed or evaded the CCTV!

Well the family have stated that it's been 'tested and proven' by military and police that he could not not leave by foot and he must have left in a vehicle so unless the family are lying (which is what one poster implied) then that is indeed to be ruled out, after all they're the ones that have tested it and have all the information on who and what was coming and going from the area, not us. So I'll go with that, he left in a vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl