UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has took a turn I didn't think it would. I'm very surprised they have gone down the American route this suddenly and with no actual explanation.

I'm not even sure this can be done completely legally (i.e. with restrictions?) in a on-going Police investigation?

Where does it leave us here on Websleuths regards discussing developments now?

Is a lack of money the issue though? What more could have been done if £20,000 had been available from day one? Rhetorical question really, I don't think a shortage of funds is what's held things back

I get the impression that there's been a fundamental disagreement between the family and the police as to lines of enquiry to follow. The family, in particular, have seemed pretty keen to close down any discussion of the possibility of Corrie being gay. Or having gone AWOL.

Just to say that I know my cars and because of the 'fisheye' lens of the camera, I can't tell what car it is (I might Google a few I think it might be and report back). Wasn't it said somewhere that all 7 clips were from after Corrie went into the horseshoe? So post 03:25.

I don't remember about the timings of the clips.

What's been bugging me for a while is the initial focus on the bin lorry, seemingly purely because of the pings, but right at the start surely cctv would have been viewed and vehicles in and out of that area identified. So my thoughts are maybe no vehicles left that area in that immediate time or they were ruled out and hence why there was a bit of a focus on the bin lorry. What I am getting at is did Corrie meet someone who was also on foot rather than in a vehicle and that someone actually walked from the area and returned shortly after with a vehicle that transported Corrie.

This has took a turn I didn't think it would. I'm very surprised they have gone down the American route this suddenly and with no actual explanation.

I'm not even sure this can be done completely legally (i.e. with restrictions?) in a on-going Police investigation?

Where does it leave us here on Websleuths regards discussing developments now?

Legally, it is possible.
As long as it does not affect a "live" police investigation, in so much as "their information is privileged".

It may mean the family (well Nicola and Tony) are treated with caution in what the police tell them (if that is very much in the first place).

1. I wouldn't donate a single penny to that JG page until a family member states that it has their approval

2. Watching the police-haters come out of the woodwork is seriously winding me up. If you look at it objectively Corrie is a young, missing, 20-year-old who didn't return after a night on the lash.

3. No offence to anyone (I can't word this any other way) but his occupation is neither here nor there - his life is no more or less important (imo) than the next person's.

4. James - "subpoena" is a 15th century term also known as a "writ" or "summons" - no need to nit-pick. If you take the time to read the links I posted you'll see that both companies comply with such legal requests. And if you still don't believe me:

"The writ of subpoena was originally developed by the Court of Chancery in the 15th century."

Court of Chancery

1. I wouldn't donate a single penny to that JG page until a family member states that it has their approval

2. Watching the police-haters come out of the woodwork is seriously winding me up. If you look at it objectively Corrie is a young, missing, 20-year-old who didn't return after a night on the lash.

3. No offence to anyone (I can't word this any other way) but his occupation is neither here nor there - his life is no more or less important (imo) than the next person's.

4. James - "subpoena" is a 15th century term also known as a "writ" or "summons" - no need to nit-pick. If you take the time to read the links I posted you'll see that both companies comply with such legal requests. And if you still don't believe me:

"The writ of subpoena was originally developed by the Court of Chancery in the 15th century."

Court of Chancery

1. The rules don't allow us to comfirm that the page is approved

2. I'm not a police hater but if they can't or won't investigate they should have made that very clear to the family and not bothered with the pod and CCTV clips

3. ITA, the RAF card keeps being played, I don't think it should be a factor

Eh, what? Who is they and what is the American route?

I seem to have missed something.

You honestly think IF Corrie was Gay his mother wouldn't have any idea what so ever ??? a Mum of 3 boys who is a police liason officer ? Not buying it I think she would say No to protect her boy but if and I mean IF he was she would have an idea believe me

Eh, what? Who is they and what is the American route?

I seem to have missed something.

'They' meaning the family and 'American route' in the sense of getting a PI and and donations page. Though I have seen examples in the UK of one or the other, I can't recall both being done in a fully live investigation before?

Think 'the American route' is a reference to hiring a PI (as per the new fundraising page). I might be wrong!

Ah, thanks. Hadn't heard it referred to like that before.

They'll need to choose carefully. The PI thing is still completely unregulated here and there are plenty of rogues still operating.

£20,000 won't go far either.

OK, so are we now going to revisit the possibility that Corrie COULD have walked out of the horseshoe without been captured by any of the cameras.

I questioned a while back about how Tony was able to come to conclusion he couldn't have done without having real time access to all of the private CCTVs and physically testing every possible scenario. IMO this hasn't been done and so I'm going to work on the basis that Corrie could have walked out unless we have concrete proof otherwise

RSBM

2. I'm not a police hater but if they can't or won't investigate they should have made that very clear to the family and not bothered with the pod and CCTV clips

Having read various things about Suffolk Police, and being ex-police myself, unless they have either been sitting on an obvious piece of evidence from the start / completely missed something "obvious" that would point to a crime having been committed then by treating this as a missing person they have done the right thing (imo).

I wonder if the sudden "outrage" is because there was actually a DA-notice in effect from the start, that the family weren't aware of, and they have just become aware? :thinking:

OK, so are we now going to revisit the possibility that Corrie COULD have walked out of the horseshoe without been captured by any of the cameras.

I questioned a while back about how Tony was able to come to conclusion he couldn't have done without having real time access to all of the private CCTVs and physically testing every possible scenario. IMO this hasn't been done and so I'm going to work on the basis that Corrie could have walked out unless we have concrete proof otherwise
Marky and my maths have shown the way out of the horse **** is straight down SB and without any prior planning or cctv knowledge it won't spot you 75% of the time, be it on foot or vehicle. Why the police and TW can't figure that out I don't know IMO.

Perhaps, but I think she has just reached the boiling point and doesn't give a crap, to be quite honest. She's followed every protocol they've given her and it must have sickened her enough, seeing that leads weren't followed up on and other aspects of the investigation gone awry, that she just let loose. You go, girl! You have every right to!

She has reached breaking point and quite rightly so that poor woman is living in hell my heart goes out to her :(

Having read various things about Suffolk Police, and being ex-police myself, unless they have either been sitting on an obvious piece of evidence from the start / completely missed something "obvious" that would point to a crime having been committed then by treating this as a missing person they have done the right thing (imo).

I wonder if the sudden "outrage" is because there was actually a DA-notice in effect from the start, that the family weren't aware of, and they have just become aware? :thinking:

Tony was vocal about a DA notice in the early days but I don't think he's referred to it in his recent website updates so IMO that's not the reason for the breakdown in relations.

To be quite honest I think the family expectations about what the police should be doing are unrealistic, with no evidence of a crime it's a sad fact of life that the resources don't exist to track down all missing persons especially if there's a likelihood that a person is voluntarily missing

Marky and my maths have shown the way out of the horse **** is straight down SB and without any prior planning or cctv knowledge it won't spot you 75% of the time, be it on foot or vehicle. Why the police and TW can't figure that out I don't know.

Does that mean we should be asking ourselves why they can't figure it out or do they know it but for some reason are persisting with a pretence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member