UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be hard to get such an accurate description without any cctv...(hint)

Suffolk Constaubulary Previous release | 05 October 2016

Police searching for missing 23-year-old Corrie McKeague are making a direct appeal to trace three young people who were in Short Brackland in Bury St Edmunds on the morning of his disappearance to come forward.
The three – all said to be aged between around 16 to 18, one a female described as being white, of quite slim build, possibly with blonde hair, wearing either a dark green or navy blue jumper-style top, and two males, one wearing a hooded top – were seen in this area of Bury St Edmunds, towards the back of Cornhill Walk shopping centre, around 4.20am on Saturday 24 September.

All this does really is bring us back to the same basic premise, he left the horseshoe and we don't know how.

To climb over buildings would suggest actively evading cctv. The waiting actions before the 3.25am footage suggest the third party.

BBM - Just like to mention that we don't know if he was "waiting" before 3.25 am. In fact there is no CCTV shown of Corrie from 1.20 until 3.20 a.m. That's 2 hours when we have no idea what was happening.

He was seen in Hughes doorway I understand, but was that for 2 hours? Had he been harassed, hassled, approached, before or during that time? There are missing hours that we know nothing of.

[/B][/B]

BBM - Just like to mention that we don't know if he was "waiting" before 3.25 am. In fact there is no CCTV shown of Corrie from 1.20 until 3.20 a.m. That's 2 hours when we have no idea what was happening.

He was seen in Hughes doorway I understand, but was that for 2 hours? Had he been harassed, hassled, approached, before or during that time? There are missing hours that we know nothing of.

Jessie, that time period is discussed in the FAQs on the findcorrie website.

[/B][/B]

Hence "waiting action" although there is cctv of him in the doorway, Nicola has said he was approached while sitting there and they also know he was "dozing" although I don't know if the family have seen the full 2 hours

Hence "waiting action" although there is cctv of him in the doorway, Nicola has said he was approached while sitting there and they also know he was "dozing" although I don't know if the family have seen the full 2 hours

Only mentioning it, that's all. Bear everything in mind as always. 1.20 am passing The Grapes, 2 hours later heading into the bin area. It is what - 500 - 750 metres? A great deal hasn't been made public about his movements and/or what may have occurred then. I think we shouldn't forget that.

Only mentioning it, that's all. Bear everything in mind as always. 1.20 am passing The Grapes, 2 hours later heading into the bin area. It is what - 500 - 750 metres? A great deal hasn't been made public about his movements and/or what may have occurred then. I think we shouldn't forget that.

Which is true. From what I have seen he say and continued to eat food, then pretty much sat there. Sent the message at 3.08am and left just before the cctv. I'm not sure how many people approached him I only know one did.

Yes.
I haven't mentioned this earlier because I really don't know where I'm going with it. He could easily have asked one of the lads at Honington to take him to pick his car up the next day and if that was the case we can probably disregard what plans he'd made to pick it up. But if it was someone else, who possibly came in from the BM/Mildenhall direction, maybe he'd arranged to stay there overnight.

As I say I don't really know where I'm going with this. But I'd be interested to find out by what means he usually picked up his car when he'd driven in to BSE the night before. Taxi? Walk? Mate from Honington? Mate from elsewhere?
did anyone get back on this? I'm trying to catch up on posts.

I was absolutely sure I'd read something else about the wait on one of Uncle T's updates but I can't find it anywhere on the website to link to... so:

I am wondering if something happened during those 2 hours which were not being told, hence no CCTV of Corrie napping being released... those 2 hours could hold the key which is why they've not been shown?

Going round in circles? And I'm not just talking about the Bury St Edmund's road system ;)

No it's cool. Even if it's a bit of a loose end it's still interesting, and we still want Corrie to come back safe and sound. I'll be blunt as to say I believe that: He got in a car and left. They know it and I think we all know it inside. Whether that car was parked in Horsheshoe, whether it arrived to the horseshoe, whether it stayed within Short Brackland...

They won't say it yet, it's the one thing they've got, possibly, a make and model may be known, but no number plate, as we have deduced, the CCTV system for tracking a car in and out of that area is potentially - AWFUL. And that car could have come from almost anywhere in the country, back tracking a timeline on certain vehicles could take a while.

eu0pi1.jpg

(note I've used the Tesco roundabout, the one I assumed is mentioned as a sniffer dog detecting nothing there, as entry and exit point but it could also be the A1101. station hill cctv [one of the three in a line] doesn't look like it's going to see anything useful of the A1101

also, private cctv on northgate street is probably useful to them)

Let's say one of the 3 vehicles is seen enterting at 3.15am. They would then have to go back over that car entering AGAIN along the similar route (of which there is no CCTV) and then beyond that where might the earlier point be, that car at a service station at 2.55am? But then they'd have to search local service stations, and you can see the task gets a little wild and complicated. Especially if this car has the potential to have come from literally anywhere, which it does...

They possibly don't suspect any of the locals at all, and they never really have, have they. Doesn't seem any of the usual drivers/people who park there are under any kind of suspicion. Lurker, running man... just people doing other stuff. Not labelled as POI at all. The "ongoing investigation into the vehicles" has been the reason to stay relatively quiet and squeeze the truth out of someone for a very long time. Once it's confirmed he was in a car, then we finally know everything there is to know about this case the same as the police, the family etc, and there are probably no more major leads to follow (other than mining data from app companies perhaps, or finding the phone).

Problem is, if a car did come INTO Short Brackland and not directly into the Horseshoe, taking my route in image into consideration, and that the main cctv of that location only looks at the road part of the horseshoe for 30 seconds every 2 minutes, the 3 vehicles that are seen on CCTV may not actually be the SUSPECT vehicle. They may just be 3 vehicles of no interest like the bin lorry. So they've got to discount all those, tracing their steps back etc, and yet he may never have gotten into one of THOSE.

I get a feeling they don't link any of the 3 vehicles to the missing phone... if they did something would surely be a bit...different? I don't know, like they would have released the make and model of these 3 or the suspect one if they were positive one of these 3 cars was linked to all of this, so that they could get to the phone (and of course, to Corrie)? They ALWAYS release make and model's of suspect cars?? Just not in Corrie's case.

NOTE: I'm just rambling. I'm not stating facts in this post. I just hope we get more info on the cars and the role a car plays in this. It's becoming impossible to be fooled into thinking this has anything to do with "on foot" anymore. The police lines of enquiry were exhausted pretty early on IMO. If the suspect car parked in Short Brackland they probably have nothing whatsoever.

Going round in circles? And I'm not just talking about the Bury St Edmund's road system ;)

No it's cool. Even if it's a bit of a loose end it's still interesting, and we still want Corrie to come back safe and sound. I'll be blunt as to say I believe that: He got in a car and left. They know it and I think we all know it inside. Whether that car was parked in Horsheshoe, whether it arrived to the horseshoe, whether it stayed within Short Brackland...

They won't say it yet, it's the one thing they've got, possibly, a make and model may be known, but no number plate, as we have deduced, the CCTV system for tracking a car in and out of that area is potentially - AWFUL. And that car could have come from almost anywhere in the country, back tracking a timeline on certain vehicles could take a while.

eu0pi1.jpg

(note I've used the Tesco roundabout, the one I assumed is mentioned as a sniffer dog detecting nothing there, as entry and exit point but it could also be the A1101. station hill cctv [one of the three in a line] doesn't look like it's going to see anything useful of the A1101

also, private cctv on northgate street is probably useful to them)

Let's say one of the 3 vehicles is seen enterting at 3.15am. They would then have to go back over that car entering AGAIN along the similar route (of which there is no CCTV) and then beyond that where might the earlier point be, that car at a service station at 2.55am? But then they'd have to search local service stations, and you can see the task gets a little wild and complicated. Especially if this car has the potential to have come from literally anywhere, which it does...

They possibly don't suspect any of the locals at all, and they never really have, have they. Doesn't seem any of the usual drivers/people who park there are under any kind of suspicion. Lurker, running man... just people doing other stuff. Not labelled as POI at all. The "ongoing investigation into the vehicles" has been the reason to stay relatively quiet and squeeze the truth out of someone for a very long time. Once it's confirmed he was in a car, then we finally know everything there is to know about this case the same as the police, the family etc, and there are probably no more major leads to follow (other than mining data from app companies perhaps, or finding the phone).

Problem is, if a car did come INTO Short Brackland and not directly into the Horseshoe, taking my route in image into consideration, and that the main cctv of that location only looks at the road part of the horseshoe for 30 seconds every 2 minutes, the 3 vehicles that are seen on CCTV may not actually be the SUSPECT vehicle. They may just be 3 vehicles of no interest like the bin lorry. So they've got to discount all those, tracing their steps back etc, and yet he may never have gotten into one of THOSE.

I get a feeling they don't link any of the 3 vehicles to the missing phone... if they did something would surely be a bit...different? I don't know, like they would have released the make and model of these 3 or the suspect one if they were positive one of these 3 cars was linked to all of this, so that they could get to the phone (and of course, to Corrie)? They ALWAYS release make and model's of suspect cars?? Just not in Corrie's case.

NOTE: I'm just rambling. I'm not stating facts in this post. I just hope we get more info on the cars and the role a car plays in this. It's becoming impossible to be fooled into thinking this has anything to do with "on foot" anymore. The police lines of enquiry were exhausted pretty early on IMO. If the suspect car parked in Short Brackland they probably have nothing whatsoever.

Your bottom paragraph, that's a scary thought

Hi all. I live in the same region as BSE so have seen this on my local news a few times and if I am honest thought it was the likely he was trying to walk home and had a tragic accident en route, however having seen more and more information that seems less and less likely.

I have tried to read all the threads but its likely I have either missed information or even misunderstood it so any corrections or clarifications would be great. Anyway a few questions/ideas of mine.

1. Its been sais that once going into the Horseshoe bin area he could not have left without being caught on CCTV, unless in a vehicle of some sort. Its also then said only 4 vehicles were in that area from him entering to 8am and that CCTV had been looked at until midday Saturday (I can't actually remember what time was said but I know it was later that day). But could he not have stayed in that area longer? There's some stairs, roofs and what appear to be little yards behind walls. Now surely if he was in one of those areas he could have stayed there until someone actually went in them...being a Saturday could some of the yards been empty until the Monday? So basically he is the other side of the wall a few mins after walking down there, he's there until gone midday sat and leaves on foot or he leaves after 8am in any number of other vehicles that go down there. Is there a solid reason why this could not have happened?

2. The phone seems to have left the Horseshoe area at the time when only 4 vehicles passed there, now while its possible it left the area with someone walking and then entered a car the most likely scenario is it went in a car straight away. So could the police not look at where those vehicles were next seen on CCTV and how close they were to the areas where the phone would make its beeps from leaving and entering the different masts? That could give a very good indication of which vehicle it might have been in or at least which ones it was not.

3. Does anyone, locals I guess, know what the taxi service is like at a weekend in BSE? In my town sometimes you phone and have to wait for an hour maybe more. Could he have possibly phoned and had one booked an hour after getting food, sat down and drifted off thus missed it and phoned around to either get another one or lift? It might explain his wait.

With the way the police have held back footage and also asked people in the POD to ignore certain things or not worry about them it makes me feel they have a very good idea of what happened and who is involved and now just sifting through all the relevant information to form their case.

Anyone I hope people can understand my points as reading back I have no idea how I passed English at school.

Right (oops Hi all Welcome newbies) I cant get my head round the he may of got a lift all fine and dandy and walked home and had an accident as why wouldn't that person come forward and say I give Corrie a lift I dropped him so and so if they didn't have anything to hide. If he has gone in a car it has to be by the hand of a person who had bad things in mind or he walked out of that area

I've always thought his body language suggests he's walking towards someone. When I meet someone for example in front of a shop in the city, when you get to the point where you can see them but can't talk to them and you're walking towards them it's really awkward, you don't want to just stare at them lol. So you make some kind of acknowledgement they're there and then you look like an idiot looking about and pretending something else has caught your eye or just trying not to scarily stare at the person you're walking towards haha

I've been convinced that Corrie sees someone as he walks into the horseshoe. To me it looks just as you say...he's almost bashful, but wary.

I'm in two minds. Either the meet up with person known to him that has then somehow gone badly wrong or somehow he has ended up having an accident on the way home...perhaps did get a lift and was dropped off or evaded the non-evade able cctv...

<modsnip>

Let's hope that the offer of a reward has the desired effect.

Hi everyone,
I’m a first time poster but have been lurking for a while. One of the things that has surprised me about the reaction to this case is the glossing over of Corrie’s drinking and its possible effects on his actions that night. We’ve seen his family in the media stating that this behavior was “normal” for him and brushing it off, and there are a lot of theories in here that have Corrie acting in a very well-thought out, intentional manner.

I am not British, but my husband is and is currently serving in the RAF. The drinking culture within the RAF has been something I’ve had to adjust to. Corrie’s behavior may have been “normal” and just what guys his age do, but it doesn’t mean it is behavior that doesn’t leave him in a very vulnerable position.

When my husband was Corrie’s age he passed out in a pub bathroom and wasn’t noticed by the owners. All his mates left him behind and he woke up the next morning alone. I’ve also heard stories of people passing out on the bus, ending up at the last stop and walking miles home. So Corrie’s actions don’t seem unusual to me.

He had been drinking a lot, was probably being obnoxious or possibly belligerent and got thrown out of the club. He goes to the takeaway and does the typically drunk thing of talking to everyone around you and plays rock paper scissors with the American in line. Maybe they realize he is RAF, notice how drunk he is, and offer him a ride back (or possibly to Mildenhall if he had plans/someone to visit there). At this point I don’t think he would be thinking ahead to calling a ride and then eating his takeaway while he waited. When you’re drunk it’s usually one step at a time. Eat, then sort out a way home. At the very most he might be thinking he would grab a bite to eat until his friends left the club. He passes out in the doorway of Hughes and dozes for a few hours. When he wakes up he realizes he’s missed any chance of a ride and decides to walk, possibly stopping in the horseshoe to relieve himself. I think he looks down the alley to make sure no one else is coming.

At this point he is either picked up by someone with bad intentions or a tragic accident occurs. I used to live walking distance to Oxford Street in London and one night after drinking I wandered around for hours, not realizing I had gone the wrong way in an area that is very well marked and recognizable. So it wouldn’t surprise me if he headed in the wrong direction. Or as others have said maybe he had a hook up at Mildenhall and tried to get there. Of course, if he ran into someone they could have disposed of his phone in the forest as well.

It is possible that he could have called a workmate for a ride (my husband works 4pm to 4am shifts so the timing would be right) but this is just what I think is the most likely scenario based on my own experiences with people very similar to Corrie.

Or who knows. Maybe he ended up in the bin lorry. It's been known to happen. Is it recorded anywhere that the bin was only 11kg or is it just the driver's word? If you were being negligent and ended up with a body in your lorry you might not want to admit it. They just replaced the smoke detector in my flat and now it goes off every time I turn on the oven. It's so annoying that I disabled it. If my flat burned down I certainly wouldn't want to admit I'd tampered with safety equipment.

I thought the bin man saw the 3 teens in SB at 4.20 not the cctv, and that he had not seen corrie? Have I got that wrong?

2. The phone seems to have left the Horseshoe area at the time when only 4 vehicles passed there, now while its possible it left the area with someone walking and then entered a car the most likely scenario is it went in a car straight away. So could the police not look at where those vehicles were next seen on CCTV and how close they were to the areas where the phone would make its beeps from leaving and entering the different masts? That could give a very good indication of which vehicle it might have been in or at least which ones it was not.

Welcome to the conversation! Yes you'd hope that is what they are doing as part of their on-going investigation into the vehicles, as they need to look at them before 3.24 and after, possibly in an hour or more in each direction. So yes it's highly possible information could be deduced from what you say here!

That is, however, if we assume there is no "4th car" (parked in Short Brackland), which could be scrutinized in a similar fashion, but would be much harder to do so with the potential to be a quite a thankless (if not impossible) task.

dcflag, yes bleak huh? But it seems everso like they're working with minimal leads. Nothing seems to have been positively identified. We saw James Nicholls RIP identified in 48 hours. We saw someone go missing from BSE only to be found very soon after. They had positive leads which led to quick conclusions. No such thing in this instance, so personally assume they have very little at all.

Just for info, you can watch Forces tv and the Corrie documentary on TVPlayer online, if you cant find it on sky, freesat or virgin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro