UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can you confirm for me please, if my timings are correct.
Corrie was last seen at 3.24am
The last person seen on cctv was bicycle man at 3.56am
the bin lorry then at 4.00
then the next person isn't seen on cctv until 5.01am on cornhill?
so from 3.56-5.01 apart from the bin lorry there is no cctv of any one else in the town?
That's an hour and five minutes....

They're just the pictures of people the police needed to identify after cctv was shown in the pod. There were a lot more people about who have been identified.

It definitely says recovered phone and this is an MSM source. If they have recovered the phone and haven't told the family that could be the "betrayal" IMO.

Possibly but I took the betrayal as the other side of the family going public with a reward.

because there is an area that the cameras don't cover, they could be there because they've arranged a pick up, because they're out clubbing? buying drugs, anything? so he wanders over, starts yapping, they essentially mug him, bundle him, drive off maybe down the wrong way down the one way street, then dump him somewhere for fun. Seriously, in a past life, I knew some proper low lifes that would have done something like that for fun :facepalm:

Could this scenario have been arranged through a Grindr/POF style hookup for a laugh perhaps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

because there is an area that the cameras don't cover, they could be there because they've arranged a pick up, because they're out clubbing? buying drugs, anything? so he wanders over, starts yapping, they essentially mug him, bundle him, drive off maybe down the wrong way down the one way street, then dump him somewhere for fun. Seriously, in a past life, I knew some proper low lifes that would have done something like that for fun :facepalm:

Not impossible but they just happened to evade CCTV by chance on the way in and the way out? Or would take the chance and do it in an area with lots of CCTV and a higher police presence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could this scenario have been arranged through a Grindr/POF style hookup for a laugh perhaps?

It just strikes me as an incredibly reckless thing to do, like you would want to get caught. Which doesn't tie in with the fact no one has been caught. If you were that reckless then surely your tracks would be easy to find.

Blue sky thing here...
Corrie has been contacting someone on a site for awhile and has never met them (apart from seeing a fake photo). He arranges to meet them after getting ejected from the club. The fake profile is actually a small group of idiots (as suggested before) who have effectively created an entrapment style meeting in the corner by the bins. Corrie's shocked by the small group but willingly gets into the vehicle on the promise of a party in Mildenhall.
There is no party and he sees through it within the BM mast area....Corrie succumbs to (insert conclusion).

Not impossible but they just happened to evade CCTV by chance on the way in and the way out? Or would take the chance and do it in an area with lots of CCTV and a higher police presence?

I'm not sure they have evaded cctv per se, they've driven in, they've definitely been seen driving out, but the cctv may not pick up the reg no, you've seen the quality of the cctv. and unless there is actual evidence that they were the ones bundling C into a car, they, of course, wether their car is identified or not, are innocent until proven guilty!

Also can anyone remember the earliest time that the police have checked back to? say for example the car parked up at ten, and the police have only viewed up till 11, then its safe to say they haven't seen them. just clutching at straws maybe.

but it would certainly explain why there is cctv footage we haven't been shown....

Blue sky thing here...
Corrie has been contacting someone on a site for awhile and has never met them (apart from seeing a fake photo). He arranges to meet them after getting ejected from the club. The fake profile is actually a small group of idiots (as suggested before) who have effectively created an entrapment style meeting in the corner by the bins. Corrie's shocked by the small group but willingly gets into the vehicle on the promise of a party in Mildenhall.
There is no party and he sees through it within the BM mast area....Corrie succumbs to (insert conclusion).

we are more than likely talking about moron mentality here (not Corrie the perpetrators), so they could be naïve to think that because they've arranged it via whats app etc, its untraceable, or like I say, its just completely random and he was in the wrong place in the wrong time

Is there CCTV footage we haven't seen? I mean footage of something happening, not just hours of nothing?

Well police do have the imagery of all cars arriving or leaving the bin area. That is how the say that Corrie wasn't hitching a lift on the bin wagon because they can see the bin leaving with no trace of him on or around it.

Ok, so Corrie enters the horseshoe at 03:24am

Personally
I very much doubt anything untoward happened in that area between Corrie entering at 03:24 and 03:40hrs because of the activity in the area around that time. Somebody would have seen or heard something!

You have:

03:26 2 people walking towards McDonalds
03:35 1 man on Cornhill
03:40 Running man and Lurker

In addition, if there was someone else in the horseshoe already, this should have been captured on CCTV to see them both entering or leaving. If this has been captured then I imagine they have been identified and discounted from the enquiry. This doesn't leave many options as I doubt Corrie would hang around in that area for no apparent reason.

Either Corrie walked out undetected or he did go with the bin man. What is the probability of Corrie's phone disappearing and Corrie vanishing in a completely unrelated incident?

Both the horseshoe and bin lorry have been forensically tested with no evidence of foul play. Extensive searches have been carried out and nothing has been found, probably because there is nothing to be found.

I think it's safe to say that Corrie did end up in the Barton Mills area and maybe we should concentrate on what happened from that point on?

So is it possible any of these could apply?:

1. Got chatting to the wrong people in that bin area, accepted a lift home or been bundled in to the car. Perhaps he went over saw what they were doing and wasn't impressed which led to him being bundled away, wrong place wrong time scenario.

2. Somehow avoided the cameras although we are told this is not possible and headed home on foot and met an accident, hypothermia. Or as that former detective said that the best method of leaving undetected would be to go over the top of the building although that's a task and a half in his state, but I have come across plenty of drunk people who think they could scale a house after a few drinks!!

3. His lift arrived and he was taken to a party somewhere and something went wrong there

4. He was in a bin, or he was in one of the other bins (I don't think he would put himself in?) - this is what I am most unsure of is the other bins, particularly general waste bins. Where do they go and when were they picked up?

still baffled!

Ok, so Corrie enters the horseshoe at 03:24am

Personally
I very much doubt anything untoward happened in that area between Corrie entering at 03:24 and 03:40hrs because of the activity in the area around that time. Somebody would have seen or heard something!

You have:

03:26 2 people walking towards McDonalds
03:35 1 man on Cornhill
03:40 Running man and Lurker

In addition, if there was someone else in the horseshoe already, this should have been captured on CCTV to see them both entering or leaving. If this has been captured then I imagine they have been identified and discounted from the enquiry. This doesn't leave many options as I doubt Corrie would hang around in that area for no apparent reason.

Either Corrie walked out undetected or he did go with the bin man. What is the probability of Corrie's phone disappearing and Corrie vanishing in a completely unrelated incident?

Both the horseshoe and bin lorry have been forensically tested with no evidence of foul play. Extensive searches have been carried out and nothing has been found, probably because there is nothing to be found.

I think it's safe to say that Corrie did end up in the Barton Mills area and maybe we should concentrate on what happened from that point on?

The persons in the area arrived and left by car. I understand it that the cars have not been dismissed but are under investigation. Nobody is suggesting that anyone suspicious walked in to that area, it could have only been by car or they evaded CCTV but on foot it would be unlikely to be so fortunate to arrive and leave without CCTV capturing you.

You might be right and Corrie did make it to Barton Mills but I wouldn't say that its safe to say he did at this stage.

Off topic - interesting case just come up in Scotland, they don't know whether she's been missing just a few weeks since October, or since 1999!! See UK thread below

If the bin lorry is seen on CCTV from the angle that we last see Corrie go behind the wall then is it not possible that Corrie walked up the opposite side of it and out the top with the lorry being an obstruction?

He could have went for a wee, left his phone on the edge of the bin and sat down/fallen asleep in that area. The reversing in lorry wakes him up. He then decided to carry on walking and just so happens to walk past the lorry as the driver is around the back and hasn't the slightest clue anyone's been there.

So is it possible any of these could apply?:

1. Got chatting to the wrong people in that bin area, accepted a lift home or been bundled in to the car. Perhaps he went over saw what they were doing and wasn't impressed which led to him being bundled away, wrong place wrong time scenario.

2. Somehow avoided the cameras although we are told this is not possible and headed home on foot and met an accident, hypothermia. Or as that former detective said that the best method of leaving undetected would be to go over the top of the building although that's a task and a half in his state, but I have come across plenty of drunk people who think they could scale a house after a few drinks!!

3. His lift arrived and he was taken to a party somewhere and something went wrong there

4. He was in a bin, or he was in one of the other bins (I don't think he would put himself in?) - this is what I am most unsure of is the other bins, particularly general waste bins. Where do they go and when were they picked up?

still baffled!
or pre arranged lift ether from the loading bay or he walked out and meet the lift near by, to go AWOL,

Possibly but I took the betrayal as the other side of the family going public with a reward.

I'm with you on the reward bit, pink puma. On Look East last night Nicola was questioned on this and wouldn't elaborate, but toned it down to being "uncomfortable". She said the police phone lines weren't manned after 5pm so they were worried about someone phoning in at 3am and being put if leaving a message.

That bit is factual. Now IMO the family wanted their own phone lines set up in case announcing a reward brought in more/out of hours calls and thought the announcement of a reward by Corrie's dad & grandparents meant something could be called in and missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member