UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked into the justgiving they have £27000!

So my thoughts today- and they do change quite frequently- given that forensics can only definitely PUT someone in a place but cannot rule out entirely that they weren't there (take the HorseShoe for instance where he is seen going into and yet there is no forensic evidence)- Could Corrie have been given a lift in the bin lorry in the cab, bunged the driver something to persuade him to overlook company rules, and then got out at the Mildenhall stop before the driver then headed on to the recycling centre.
The pings on the phone would fit and the driver is perhaps too scared to come forward in case he is implicated in whatever happened to him afterwards.

So my thoughts today- and they do change quite frequently- given that forensics can only definitely PUT someone in a place but cannot rule out entirely that they weren't there (take the HorseShoe for instance where he is seen going into and yet there is no forensic evidence)- Could Corrie have been given a lift in the bin lorry in the cab, bunged the driver something to persuade him to overlook company rules, and then got out at the Mildenhall stop before the driver then headed on to the recycling centre.
The pings on the phone would fit and the driver is perhaps too scared to come forward in case he is implicated in whatever happened to him afterwards.

This works and fits with what we know. The only problem (leaving aside the driver denying this happened) is that he would have been waiting in the horseshoe for 35-55 minutes without none of dozens of people walking past seeing him.

With every scenario there is a 'but'...sigh.

This works and fits with what we know. The only problem (leaving aside the driver denying this happened) is that he would have been waiting in the horseshoe for 35-55 minutes without none of dozens of people walking past seeing him.

With every scenario there is a 'but'...sigh.

Very true- however, if he sat quietly in the corner (maybe on the steps) he may not have been that noticeable. Just because none remembers seeing him, doesn't mean he wasn't there. I'd be interested in knowing how well lit the Horseshoe area is at night and whether this is a realistic theory

those steps do look well out the way and dark on pics Clevercat

One of the things that has struck me- is that there has been so much reliance put on potential witnesses and what they may have seen that night/morning- however, I do question how much people really do notice or remember.
I was out last night in Chichester and this morning I tried to remember who I saw when I was walking back to my car in the dark- I know there were people around but I can honestly not remember anything about them- I wasn't trying to be especially observant last night, but presumably people generally aren't. (especially if there's nothing out of the ordinary going on- and by the sounds of it, people wandering around the area at that time in BSE was nothing out of the ordinary)

Good point if he were on the steps who would of noticed him they would of kept wind off him aswell would be a good choice of a place to go and also did Corrie know the bin lorry was due to go there you never know

Good point if he were on the steps who would of noticed him they would of kept wind off him aswell would be a good choice of a place to go and also did Corrie know the bin lorry was due to go there you never know

It's possible that this route/mode of transport has been used before for a lift into Mildenhall, IMO

This does seem so likely. Perhaps he regularly got a lift this way, after all no one would know one way or the other

This does seem so likely. Perhaps he regularly got a lift this way, after all no one would know one way or the other

It's a theory with not too many assumptions (Occam's razor and all that).

Very true- however, if he sat quietly in the corner (maybe on the steps) he may not have been that noticeable. Just because none remembers seeing him, doesn't mean he wasn't there. I'd be interested in knowing how well lit the Horseshoe area is at night and whether this is a realistic theory

It's very possible. I just wonder given his personality and the fact he was still heavy with drink, he couldn't keep still and quiet for that long with so much foot traffic?

Then there is the phone. During this wait he could have made texts/calls yet apparently the 03:08 picture text is the last communication. As an aside I still find it puzzling he didn't let his mates know via text/call he had been asked to leave Flex. They didn't know he had been and nor did they try contact him either.

-----------------------

Not one eyewitness can put Corrie leaving Bury and we can see a lot of witnesses about at the time. No CCTV spots Corrie either, not Council, private or vehicle dashcam has caught Corrie leaving the area (the wider area not just the horseshoe). I am certain 95% he left in a vehicle. Where do you search in that scenario, it is a tough call.

Sorry but you are misquoting me in your post.

Anyhow - my point is Corrie was dressed in light coloured clothing which appears different to the CCTV passers by that we have been allowed to see. Different enough to make him more obvious on CCTV. Surely this would make him easier to spot if he had wandered elsewhere.

Another point is about those bl**dy vehicles. We have no idea, apart from the bin lorry - who, when, where, what entered or left that area. Without this we hit a brick wall. He wasn't 'beamed up'.

It must be the same for the Police, no idea what happened next? Did he evade the CCTV (yes imo), did he get picked up by a car out of CCTV area (yes imo) was he on his way back to base (yes imo).

As for the search I really don't know where they could begin unless they work back from the base or from the pings.

ETA - Just to add that people do behave in odd ways after alcohol. They become easily disorientated, have poor judgement, behave out of character and even suffer hypothermia whatever the weather. I do sincerely think that the amount of alcohol this young man took has a strong bearing in this case, sadly.

It's very possible. I just wonder given his personality and the fact he was still heavy with drink, he couldn't keep still and quiet for that long with so much foot traffic?

Then there is the phone. During this wait he could have made texts/calls yet apparently the 03:08 picture text is the last communication. As an aside I still find it puzzling he didn't let his mates know via text/call he had been asked to leave Flex. They didn't know he had been and nor did they try contact him either.

He could have quite easily been sitting looking through social media posts but not actually posting anything, or looking through emails. It's what I usually do when I've got time to kill.

As to the non-contact with his mates- I don't know- it's puzzling to me too but when I asked my 22 year old son- he doesn't think it's that odd as when he's out with his mates, they often peel off and they don't necessarily check up on each other either

Hello Folks!
Have been so busy these past few days and have'nt had a chance to get caught up on this properly. Have we any further details or ideas? Can someone give me the quick details?

Interesting documentary.

Three points spring to mind. May or may not be relevant.

# The "recycling centre" sign. (Covered by TTWO)

# The police will not be drawn on the dating app(s) question

# He was due to call his brother on Sunday (not the next day)

He could have quite easily been sitting looking through social media posts but not actually posting anything, or looking through emails. It's what I usually do when I've got time to kill.

As to the non-contact with his mates- I don't know- it's puzzling to me too but when I asked my 22 year old son- he doesn't think it's that odd as when he's out with his mates, they often peel off and they don't necessarily check up on each other either

Exactly, I admit I'm a totally neurotic parent and I make my poor kids text me just as they arrive, and when they leave, and my eldest is 18! Like I say to them you just never know, you might know/think you're safe but it only takes 1 person, 1 random event and your life can change in an instant. Although to be fair in this case, I'm not sure following this philosophy would have kept Corrie safe either.

I have to be honest, I've never heard of a 'burner' phone. Is it something we can use to make a brew on as well as take photos and text message? :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You hear of them a lot in spy shows on TV. It's usually a one-use phone that's never been registered, and you use it once then throw it in the nearest bin so that you're not trackable via GPS. You don't want your contact lists and internet history on it, so even though I'd agree that it's a cheapo thing that you could back-up to your computer once a week and not worry about losing it, I wouldn't describe it as a burner...but I have no idea if that's correct terminology for both cases or not.

Starting to follow this a little late, forgive me if this has been discussed
around 9:38 in the Forces News Special Located at the below link, allegation of 2 men trying to abduct a serviceman in the area , although there are 'no substantial links' between the two.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/newsupdates/

Starting to follow this a little late, forgive me if this has been discussed
around 9:38 in the Forces News Special Located at the below link, allegation of 2 men trying to abduct a serviceman in the area , although there are 'no substantial links' between the two.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/newsupdates/

There's lots of muddled info regarding the attempted abductions. One was just a person looking suspicious in a car. They both also had a different mo. Corrie wasn't in uniform or anywhere near base. Unrelated in my opinion.

It's a theory with not too many assumptions (Occam's razor and all that).

Yes, but....

I think when police question people they can get a sense of whether or not the truth is being told or someone is holding something back.

I don't like such a long wait with so many people around.

Corrie allegedly told the USAF guy in Mama Mia's just 2 hours earlier that he didn't want to go to Mildenhall.

Why would the driver not tell the truth once he learns that Corrie didn't make it home safely?

Did the forensic exam check the cab? If it did, then it seems odd to me that the driver would manage to wipe it clean even before he knew Corrie was missing? Or if it was an innocent lift that he'd think to do that, and have the opportunity to do that as it's not his personal vehicle so he wouldn't have access to it unless he was on duty?

I think Occam would prefer the phone in the bin lorry rather than Corrie....assuming there's another vehicle that pulls down Short Brackland and close to the bin area before the bin lorry gets there. I think Occam would prefer Corrie to go in the first vehicle after 3.25am. Or maybe it's me and not Occam who prefers that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigLemon