UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...or the police want the 'third party' (and Corrie?) to *think* that they are that desperate for info?

You think this family/Police/family 'spat' is a play to force a mistake and solve the case?

I think they're not bothering to show us footage of the vehicles because they've already been "identified" so no further identification needed. Now, the task of determining who was operating them.

Conspiracy theories eh! Heh... well, we did talk about Honnington and its role as the RAF Police HQ back in thread 2 or 3 and why it has been ultimately silent on the whole thing... still.

Something else to note:

Nicola side of family:
Dislikes police
Dislikes Websleuth's (us)
Dislikes Corrie's father's side of family
Likes Facebook
Likes JustGiving funds (that goal keeps going up without explanation)
Seemingly prefer their own info via uncle tony

Dad side of family:
Dislikes mother's side
Likes police
No comments on Websleuth's
Privately funded reward
Seemingly prefer the police lines of enquiry

My point is the outpouring of support goes to the mother's side but they are clearly the more "difficult"?

EDIT. That said I'm not personally in the know about the source of the 50k reward, if thats the dad's side reward, mothers side, a joint reward or whatnot. Not sure that the justgiving has anything to do with reward money.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/family-offers-further-50k-reward-12290209

Money donated by an anonymous local business.

I think they're not bothering to show us footage of the vehicles because they've already been "identified" so no further identification needed. Now, the task of determining who was operating them.

That's a fair point but then why are they seeking a man seen walking on Butter Market at 05:19 to give one example?

ETA: At that time/place there would be dozens of people there/arriving to set up market stalls (you can even see a vehicle on the CCTV still above). Why not appeal for any of them?

I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone, but logically that statement just makes no sense to me. Why would you treat it as a homicide if there was zero evidence that it was? surely you could only conclude that it was homicide if you had something that pointed you that way (however tiny that something might be)...

In the previous thread someone posted a link to a police training manual on handling misper cases. In section 1.5 it states that "where the circumstances are suspicious or unexplained ...... if in doubt, think murder".

http://library.college.police.uk/docs/acpo/Missing-Persons-2005-ACPO-Guidance.pdf

It would appear that in this case the police still do not have enough evidence to pull back from treating Corrie's disappearance as a potential murder while not having enough to really suggest it is either.

...or the police want the 'third party' (and Corrie?) to *think* that they are that desperate for info?

But if they wanted the third party to think that what would that prove?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could the phone pings be connected to corrie walking back out unseen then falling in the Lark and then being carried along in the river to the BM mast area? Looks like the river flows that way. Could the flow be 12mph?

I doubt it. That's a heck of a flow for a relatively small lowland river.

Also, the late summer and autumn this year were very dry. Here in the West Midlands farmers were holding off ploughing because the soil was so dry because there was almost no rain for weeks on end.

I doubt it. That's a heck of a flow for relatively small a lowland river.

Also, the late summer and autumn this year were very dry. Here in the West Midlands farmers were holding off ploughing because the soil was so dry because there was almost no rain for weeks on end.

I used to canoe and I wouldn't chuck my rig in at that speed. I'd say more like 1-3mph (5mph ish top speed flood)

You think this family/Police/family 'spat' is a play to force a mistake and solve the case?

Well, not necessarily agreed/co-ordinated between family and police (tbh, I hadn't thought of that), but I do think (hope - otherwise they really are floundering) that police are being quite calculated in what they say and when.

For instance, why has the Bury-BM route not been fully searched? What evidence is there that Corrie was separated from his phone? The binman said he didn't give Corrie a lift and the police just believed him?

Obviously the police are going to be holding stuff back, but the conflicting information we're left with is getting so confusing!

Would this mean, Corrie would have to jump out of the lorry, if they are saying the bin lorry did not stop anywhere en route and this has been technically checked.

When they say the bin lorry didn't stop anywhere I take this to mean it had no other pickups on its route until it gets to the one in Barton Mills/Mildenhall. It would probably have to stop at some road junctions or roundabouts or because it was behind a bus that stopped, and that momentary stopping would be seen in the tachograph record.

Was his Nokia Lumina 435 a "burner phone"?

I just did a quick search as I'm not familiar with this brand and was surprised to find it for $40 and listed as a pre-paid phone (here in the states). Assuming it's the same in the UK, why would a 23-yr old have a burner, even if he does lose them regularly?

I'm just saying - any young person who cares enough for their appearance as Corrie obviously does, drives a BMW, wears Ralph Lauren and Tims, all expensive things - and they carry a burner? IMO, that just seems so out of place. You?

attachment.php

https://www.walmart.com/ip/44680996...75035&wl11=online&wl12=44680996&wl13=&veh=sem

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    234.4 KB · Views: 192
ok, so....who's up for some on the ground sleuthing?? a local, polo or mel, SLD286 maybe...

sure, this aint gonna solve the case but, if procedure hasn't changed, it will be a chance for some detective work on the ground and at least answer some of the questions that have so far been subject of much conjecture.

I'd love to do this if I was in that part of the country. It would ideally need two people, a driver and a recorder.

Fair point, but have we been informed whether any of these 'vehicles' (apart from bin lorry) actually moved in or out of the area?

If vehicles are cars - were they parked up there and stationary for how long ..... ? These vehicles may have absolutely no importance at all, and I do believe if something arrive/departed that area it would be tracked and traced by now.

Was his Nokia Lumina 435 a "burner phone"?

I just did a quick search as I'm not familiar with this brand and was surprised to find it for $40 and listed as a pre-paid phone (here in the states). Assuming it's the same in the UK, why would a 23-yr old have a burner, even if he does lose them regularly?

I'm just saying - any young person who cares enough for their appearance as Corrie obviously does, drives a BMW, wears Ralph Lauren and Tims, all expensive things - and they carry a burner? IMO, that just seems so out of place. You?

attachment.php

https://www.walmart.com/ip/44680996...75035&wl11=online&wl12=44680996&wl13=&veh=sem

Doesn't seem out of place to me to be honest. A good majority of infanteers have one phone. Occasionally its taken into 'the field'. Last thing they'd want to do is lose a £700 iMobile. The cheaper the better (as long as it has a camera and music).

Also - another thought if it really is a burner phone - when did he get it? Was he planning on dumping it? Any cctv footage of him in any shops before 9/23 that may have caught him buying a replacement?

For a lot of people, their phone is their lifeline, especially younger people I think. SM is important for validation (we know Corrie liked to be in the spotlight) and for communicating (texting, sharing pics). There isn't one kid that I know, honestly, that wouldn't go for a higher tech or more - without sounding snobbish - higher quality phone to be seen with. I know that sounds wrong in so many ways but it's true. Even my 11 year old is saving for an iPhone instead of being seen with another brand. It's just the culture. That's why I question a burner. Maybe it's an "American thing" but when the kids are into the status, they'd "just die, Mom, really!" than be seen with a burner. JMO and not saying I agree with it, but it just "is"

Well, not necessarily agreed/co-ordinated between family and police (tbh, I hadn't thought of that), but I do think (hope - otherwise they really are floundering) that police are being quite calculated in what they say and when.

For instance, why has the Bury-BM route not been fully searched? What evidence is there that Corrie was separated from his phone? The binman said he didn't give Corrie a lift and the police just believed him?

Obviously the police are going to be holding stuff back, but the conflicting information we're left with is getting so confusing!

Oh, right. TBH I'm not ruling anything out right now just because the lack confirmation of much at all outside Corrie going to the bins at 03:25. I think for practical reasons you can't search a ~13 mile stretch of largely countryside. It has to be targeted/intelligence led? Again we don't know whether the Police have info they are sitting on that is pointing to something. They ain't saying, though..

As for the binman he is the only person we know that in theory also went to those bins yet we still have no timings confirmed or anything to say he saw Corrie or any other vehicles.

Doesn't seem out of place to me to be honest. A good majority of infanteers have one phone. Occasionally its taken into 'the field'. Last thing they'd want to do is lose a £700 iMobile. The cheaper the better (as long as it has a camera and music).

So, just out of curiosity, do most military members carry a burner? Maybe it's a military thing? As an adult, I'd do it if I lost my phone a lot, but I can't shake that Corrie is into the "status" lifestyle in the teens and 20's where brands are important. It's when you have a mortgage and real bills that the off-brands start looking a bit more tempting. JMO - as a mom of kids that are going through the same stages...

I thought Nicola said she was going to disclose the reason(s) for her comment regarding "betrayed by police" on 12/8 - yesterday. Anyone seen anything of that nature yet? Any statements or reasons? Just curious.

Didn't she say it was because they'd allowed the 'grandparents' reward when they were already struggling to answer the calls already being made???

Sorry but I cannot remember where the source was from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal