UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When they say the bin lorry didn't stop anywhere I take this to mean it had no other pickups on its route until it gets to the one in Barton Mills/Mildenhall. It would probably have to stop at some road junctions or roundabouts or because it was behind a bus that stopped, and that momentary stopping would be seen in the tachograph record.

Can I ask Melmoth if you watched the Forces TV doc? In it they showed a recycling sign outside Sainsbury's in Mildenhall town centre and not the HWRC just off the fiveways roundabout and wondered why.

Could be that they weren't allowed to film outside the HWRC but it stuck out to me.

Calo, in fairness your 11yr old isn't getting so drunk he's asked to leave nightclubs, nor kipping in shop doorways. A cheap phone fits that imho, no biggie if it's lost or left. He spends his money on other things. I don't think it's a burner per se, just a wise choice for a party loving young squaddie.

Can I ask Melmoth if you watched the Forces TV doc? In it they showed a recycling sign outside Sainsbury's in Mildenhall town centre and not the HWRC just off the fiveways roundabout and wondered why.

Could be that they weren't allowed to film outside the HWRC but it stuck out to me.

I haven't seen it as I think it's on a network I don't get, but I've had a scout around on streetview. I've seen the little sign I think you mean and it seems to be pointing towards the Sainsbury's carpark entrance since it's pointing down what appears to be a no-through road. Most supermarkets have at least a few recycling bins in a corner of the carpark, typically for bottles and paper and sometimes for other things as well.

I haven't seen it as I think it's on a network I don't get, but I've had a scout around on streetview. I've seen the little sign I think you mean and it seems to be pointing towards the Sainsbury's carpark entrance since it's pointing down what appears to be a no-through road. Most supermarkets have at least a few recycling bins in a corner of the carpark, typically for bottles and paper and sometimes for other things as well.

its on the website if that's any help, not sure if that's still restricted viewing

Link to watch the Corrie McKeague video documentary online. I don't know if it's globally available or restricted to UK, but it's worth a try if you don't have Sky or Freesat type things and have a device that will play video.

http://forces.tv/60192868

I just had another look and switched Google Streetview to 2009 and now see that this recycling centre was there before the Sainsbury's was built. I still think it is odd the doc team went to that specific place to film the area though...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.3...m4ezynUw!2e0!5s20090601T000000!7i13312!8i6656

It is available for viewing here Melmoth: http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/newsupdates/

Something I am thinking is a little sad is that a lot of the stuff in these threads on Corrie's disappearance, the maps, streetview snapshots, research-willing people, would be a fantastic match for a website such as the one that Corrie's family have developed, and if you could put it all together then a website such as that would be an even stronger resource.

I don't know if it's been done in other cases, and no one *wants* cases like this to happen, but the reality is they do, but maybe one day there might be a case where the website and the Websleuths stuff could be used for a kind of cooperative/collaborative effort. I hope I speak for all of us that we don't want to be anyone's enemies, and while we are not anything like the police, neither are the families. I realise most families won't have anyone to donate time to make a website like the FindCorrie website...it's a very nice job that's been done there, a very professional format and beautifully set out with categories and stuff like that, but past needing a layout to be created, you also need someone with HTML and CSS knowledge to insert updates and keep the layout together as it builds. But the combo could be so useful in some of these long-term cases.

The final statement is

"We do have the time and the resources to be able to go out and search every single place and we will, because we will not stop until we get Corrie home".

This reminds me so much of an American case some of you may have followed, Christina Morris from Texas who disappeared over 2 year ago, her family and friends have searched for her every week since then and have never found a single trace of her. There are some parallels with final CCTV and phone pings, sadly the truth is that finding a body isn't an easy task.

Good point! I'm concerned that any members of the general public searching 'willy nilly' would be absolutely traumatised if they did actually find a body. As a parent, if something like this happened to my son I'd never stop searching until I found him... God forbid if he had come to an untimely end I think finding a body would at least give me closure. I know people want to help but the reality of what they could find if something untoward has happened to Corrie doesn't bear thinking about...

Good point! I'm concerned that any members of the general public searching 'willy nilly' would be absolutely traumatised if they did actually find a body. As a parent, if something like this happened to my son I'd never stop searching until I found him... God forbid if he had come to an untimely end I think finding a body would at least give me closure. I know people want to help but the reality of what they could find if something untoward has happened to Corrie doesn't bear thinking about...

To be honest, I suspect that the longer it is the less traumatic the find would be. IIRC Milly Dowler was entirely skeletal when found 6 months after she went missing.

-----------------------

Any searches have to be so well organised. I hope they work with and are led by experienced search groups.

Rivers, lakes and ditches must be properly investigated and a grid system of land searching just has to be worked.

I'm still not sure why more searches haven't been organised before, even though it's a huge area to get through there will be a starting point maybe due to phone pings who knows?

Let's hope something positive comes of it eventually.

Any searches have to be so well organised. I hope they work with and are led by experienced search groups.

Rivers, lakes and ditches must be properly investigated and a grid system of land searching just has to be worked.

I'm still not sure why more searches haven't been organised before, even though it's a huge area to get through there will be a starting point maybe due to phone pings who knows?

Let's hope something positive comes of it eventually.
Not one eyewitness can put Corrie leaving Bury and we can see a lot of witnesses about at the time. No CCTV spots Corrie either, not Council, private or vehicle dashcam has caught Corrie leaving the area (the wider area not just the horseshoe). I am certain 95% he left in a vehicle. Where do you search in that scenario, it is a tough call.

So, just out of curiosity, do most military members carry a burner? Maybe it's a military thing? As an adult, I'd do it if I lost my phone a lot, but I can't shake that Corrie is into the "status" lifestyle in the teens and 20's where brands are important. It's when you have a mortgage and real bills that the off-brands start looking a bit more tempting. JMO - as a mom of kids that are going through the same stages...

I have to be honest, I've never heard of a 'burner' phone. Is it something we can use to make a brew on as well as take photos and text message? :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When they say the bin lorry didn't stop anywhere I take this to mean it had no other pickups on its route until it gets to the one in Barton Mills/Mildenhall. It would probably have to stop at some road junctions or roundabouts or because it was behind a bus that stopped, and that momentary stopping would be seen in the tachograph record.

But according to TW's 20th Nov update on www.findcorrie.co.uk there was a second pick-up before heading to the recycling centre
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/21/left-in-a-vehicle-20th-november-update/

-----------------------

Not one eyewitness can put Corrie leaving Bury and we can see a lot of witnesses about at the time. No CCTV spots Corrie either, not Council, private or vehicle dashcam has caught Corrie leaving the area (the wider area not just the horseshoe). I am certain 95% he left in a vehicle. Where do you search in that scenario, it is a tough call.

Hopefully in the direction of the phone pings but I don't see much evidence that's happened

im still quite unsure if I can put what I'm putting but if not admin please remove my daughter is speaking to an army lad who was nearly strangled in a pub in Bury not that long ago I can get full details if needed and how he escaped but he said this guy was hung up on people who were in the forces and remembers the way this bloke looked and could even id him again.Now I know you get cranks but he seems extremely genuine <modsnip>

That's very odd.

The road outside the HWRC is public. They could have filmed from the road towards the entrance.

Why film a sign at Sainsbury's Midenhall ??????

More "bizarre" stuff to add to the pot.

-----------------------

Everywhere vehicles can travel is the answer to that......which is....everywhere unfortunately.
I dread to think how many thousands of miles of verges, hedgerows, farm tracks, lanes, forest tracks, byways, lay-bys, bridges, car parks, scrap yards, garages, farms, motorways, dual carriageways, A roads, B roads, C roads etc are out there. An immense task.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members