UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the thread (and forum) but have been lurking for a while.

This case just has me baffled.

I have followed it on social networks for a while but there were so many conflicting and quite often confusing posts that It was difficult to know what is fact and what is wishful thinking/pure conjecture.

These are a few of my thoughts.

Firstly I kind of understand the way the general public have put so much emphasis on the CCTV footage because obviously they have images of corrie on some of it on the night he went missing. But as someone who has worked in stores (not in bury) I was always surprised generally how bad most standard CCTV actually is. Unless you are paying for top end CCTV then the images are grainy at best and can miss things especially in low light. Pareidolia is so easy if you are looking for something so intently that every single shadow becomes a face, or a shoe.. or something else.

The fact that the police seem to be focusing on the horseshoe despite having much evidence after Corrie entering to state that he stayed there for any amount of time. There is him going in. And thats it, no forensics, nothing shows him coming out but if the CCTV did miss him those who are looking for him could be focusing on a completely wrong area. None of the cars would match up to him because he was not there for much time (IMO)

As for the phone my thoughts are that the phone was in the lorry. whether the driver found it on a bin ( as suggested further up the thread) or Corrie put it in the bin. Whether intentional or not I dont know. Another point RE the bin. We had the large bins at the back of the store where I worked and the lids didnt always close properly, I know that seems like a small point but if Corrie went for a pee and he put his phone on what he though was the top of the bin and it fell in, then it would explain how it got in there.

Its difficult for any of us to know what Corries state of mind was, because depression or mental disorders do not always manifest until they do. But I personally dont think it was suicide. And I also dont think he went Awol. If he wanted to do that why go out? he would have know he had the weekend free and could have disappeared without this fanfare as such.

Its such a baffling case and everytime I read more of it the less sure I get. But this is what I think today.

I think the CCTV missed him leaving the horseshoe. If his phone had gone into the bin it would explain why the pings were at Barton Mills. I think he set off home (back to base) and something happened on route. Most likely accidental. It is quite possible that his body is lying somewhere that has been searched yet, and as there is no way to know which way he went home the search may take some time.

I know its not very scientific to say this and I do try to work on the facts as I read them. But I do get this feeling that something is being left out which may make everything I have said null and void. Whether the police know more (im sure they do) or that the family do (possibly) Every now and again I get this feeling that something just doesnt sit right for a man missing on a night out....

So thats my thoughts.. might change again tomorrow.

Hope this first post was legible and didnt break any rules.

Do all the old family updates still exist? Can't see then on the website, i would like to know the date of the update that Tony first said that it was impossible to walk out with out being see on cctv, also what date was the bin lorry seized, anyone know ware i can find all the old updates?

'A bin lorry has been seized as part of the search for a missing RAF serviceman as police reveal they have traced his phone to the truck's location. Corrie McKeague, 23, disappeared a few miles from his base at at RAF Honington after a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, in the early hours of September 24.3 Oct 2016
Bin lorry seized in search for missing RAF serviceman as police trace ...
www.mirror.co.uk › news › uk-news › bi...'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, I like the idea of the timeline that Clevercat has put together. It's a really good starting point and a common area for everyone to work on. As the information changes, the times can be adjusted to build a more accurate picture of the sequence of events...

Watching people in the clubs describe him screams something isn't right to me. My first thought was drugs. That's a very full on way to be.

Sometimes I feel people overcompensate the bad feelings they have by putting on an over exaggerated mask for others.

It would be interesting to know the decision the police made that she disagreed with.

It also sounds like things are moving forward the next two weeks. No mention of a private investigator though.

They described Corrie as I know him, he's a bit Tigger, bouncy and fun and friendly. Likes to chat and he's like that most of the time, it's just his personality.

They described Corrie as I know him, he's a bit Tigger, bouncy and fun and friendly. Likes to chat and he's like that most of the time, it's just his personality.

That's lovely to know, and I think it was lovely his mum felt the way she did about others seeing him the way she did.

I can only say what my immediate reaction was to watching. For me personally there's a fine line between being fun and bubbly and jumping on stage and going to strangers tables. If anything it does suggest he was very very drunk, perhaps exposure/accident is looking more and more likely.

I hope the searches reveal something.

I can't watch this as my kids and hub are constantly twattering on at me (they're sooo inconvenient sometimes haha!). I got as far as the bit where Corrie sang with the band. Is there anything new?

Nothing new really, but you get a good feel for what it's like on a weekend night out in Bury. And Nicola's composure is commendable, I'd be a total wreck. Can't imagine how she's holding it together.

I have no way of knowing whether he would do drugs. Definitely sounds like he was pretty drunk. I'm nor saying it's not drugs, I'm just saying he's quite lively anyway, it might be hard to tell!

One thing that i find strange is that within the first 2 weeks the police managed to trace the bin lorry and the phone very quickly, on the ball and doing a half decent job, considering as we are always told at every opportunity that they are so under funded, the police can't even answer the phone were told now, good for nothing, I'm thinking that the police found out that he may be awol early on imo around the time of the first fall out with the family, just my opinion not fact!

Watching people in the clubs describe him screams something isn't right to me. My first thought was drugs. That's a very full on way to be.

Sometimes I feel people overcompensate the bad feelings they have by putting on an over exaggerated mask for others.

It would be interesting to know the decision the police made that she disagreed wi

It also sounds like things are moving forward the next two weeks. No mention of a private investigator though.

I agree DC

It would be interesting to know the decision the police made that she disagreed with.

I don't think it's drugs at all - I'm exactly the same, especially when I'm pissed lol I spend my time chatting away to random strangers in the smoking area and I love it!
I'm very sociable and can totally relate to his behaviour [emoji3]

Ps - I am anti drugs

I have no way of knowing whether he would do drugs. Definitely sounds like he was pretty drunk. I'm nor saying it's not drugs, I'm just saying he's quite lively anyway, it might be hard to tell!

It's hard because I base it on people I've come across in my life but that doesn't mean I'm right, everyone's different after all.

I do sometimes think being overly happy and extrovert can be compensating for things like depression or similar. Reminds me (don't laugh!) of robin williams who talked about the mask he would put on because everyone expected him to be funny and happy, obviously we now know he struggled a lot.

When people talk of drugs, what kind of drugs are you thinking? If it was an E then I can't imagine anyone drinking at the same time, bad combination.

Just watched the Look East report and the timeline given is probably the best we will get on that. I'm also intrigued about the decision the Police made that angered and prompted Nicola to do what she is doing now. The obvious thing would be cutting back on the resources even more. The stand out thing for me from all those that spoke about Corrie (apart from he sounds like a great guy!) is absolutely no indication/mention he was with friends? Maybe I missed something but it seemed like he was on his own throughout the night?

One thing that i find strange is that within the first 2 weeks the police managed to trace the bin lorry and the phone very quickly, on the ball and doing a half decent job, considering as we are always told at every opportunity that they are so under funded, the police can't even answer the phone were told now, good for nothing, I'm thinking that the police found out that he may be awol early on imo around the time of the first fall out with the family, just my opinion not fact!

I can't help thinking that this investigation is in danger of running out of time. It's very likely that over the Christmas and New Year period other cases are going to come up that need police time, attention and resources so if there isn't a significant breakthrough this side of Christmas it'll probably go onto a back burner somewhat come the New Year, especially as officially it's still just a misper case.

I don't think it's drugs at all - I'm exactly the same, especially when I'm pissed lol I spend my time chatting away to random strangers in the smoking area and I love it!
I'm very sociable and can totally relate to his behaviour [emoji3]

😂

As I said just now to purple, I think I'm basing it off things I've experience and people I know. It was just a jump out moment for me watching it. Whatever it is he's certainly very extrovert. I can't imagine a person described the way he was as having little to no friends.

When people talk of drugs, what kind of drugs are you thinking? If it was an E then I can't imagine anyone drinking at the same time, bad combination.

The only people I know who get kicked out of clubs and can be that overly sociable are on cocaine. But I have no experience personally so I couldn't really say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024