UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply. The whole removal from the club scenario sounds very odd to me and somewhat down played.

Just throwing this out there... If he was removed due to be annoying, as an example, that sounds rather an extreme action taken by the bouncers.

I don't believe I've read anything about what happened in the club, and surely there were enough people in there for gossip to spread...So I would have thought it couldn't have been anything so bad to warrant being asked to leave... and that's what bugs me...

Did any witnesses come forward regarding this event?

Not that I know of. The recent news report seems to suggest the nightlife is quite local, the same people odd no one seems to have witnessed him being removed

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Luke Durbin case who went missing in 2006 from Ipswich in similar circumstances? These cases are very similar and are geographically close enough to arguably be connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not enough to be sure of anything. I gave it a cursory search but my spare reading at the moment is plugging away at the patsy Ramsey thread. It's taking an age haha

Each standard brick is about 75mm including mortar. Looks to be about 16 brick high so approximately 1200mm or 1.2metres.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From a lowered tail-lift? I'm thinking 7.5 or 18 tonne fixed body though. I really don't think a HGV could fit down there or even be allowed by weight?

I was following Luke Durbin case. Last sighting on CCTV trying to get home and he just vanished. White car never been traced. Sorry posted in wrong place.

Yes, looks like it. Just trying to work out heights of vehicles. I wonder if he's been accidentally hit by a articulated lorry reversing in and then thrown in the back?

Surely there would be some forensic evidence if that had happened- plus it would have been quite a noisy event- someone would have heard

Not enough to be sure of anything. I gave it a cursory search but my spare reading at the moment is plugging away at the patsy Ramsey thread. It's taking an age haha

There's a documentary on More4 about this case, think it's next week. Not sure if it will be any good but can get the details for you if you fancy watching it?

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Luke Durbin case who went missing in 2006 from Ipswich in similar circumstances? These cases are very similar and are geographically close enough to arguably be connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I'm still wondering this too.

609e05d09773530421e868b2a0ae2e89.jpg
c084e8adcf4fff5e94f14ff5baf136ab.png
dedf71df329e8a1e6472783ce55a35e3.jpg

Take a look at the 0324 CCTV footage and note the footstep/direction that Corrie is walking in. Notice he's away from the tree by at least a yard. He looks as though he's about to continue walking parallel with the large bins. Now look what's at the end of the line of bins...a stepped area in a corner. Hmmmmmm....

If you watch CCTV2 again he follows the "kerb" diagonally back on himself. Could he have spotted a bike, had a glance round, looking casual, gone over to borrow it for an easy ride home? That's kind of what it looks like to me, a bit furtive.

As had been discussed before, he's not getting ready for a wee (though it's my first inkling as he must have been desperate by then!) and neither is he in 'fight or flight' mode. I also wonder why the mention of a bike in one of the early police releases. And then there was a man on a bike on the CCTV.

Bike? Wee? Hookup? Nosy parker? What was his reason for turning right and sauntering out of shot?

Surely there would be some forensic evidence if that had happened- plus it would have been quite a noisy event- someone would have heard

I'm guessing it would depend how he was hit. If it caused internal injuries there would likely be no blood.
Plus forensics on the area weren't done immediately and from what I gather, it rained a lot in the days after his disappearance and the vehicles wouldn't have been forensically checked until, I assume, weeks after.
Plenty of time to clean up any damage/evidence.
Not sure how noisy it would be, only a few bricks have fallen out and there aren't really many residential buildings to have heard it anyway.

Each standard brick is about 75mm including mortar. Looks to be about 16 brick high so approximately 1200mm or 1.2metres.

Probably an articulated trailer that's come into the loading bay and turned a sharp right turn with the cab and the driver has not compensated for the overhang on the front of the trailer and nudged the wall with it. Not a bad bit of sleuthing that Cotswold! ;)
cab25174766037597fb521af60983d9b.jpg

There's a documentary on More4 about this case, think it's next week. Not sure if it will be any good but can get the details for you if you fancy watching it?
i thought it was good TBH - you tube

Would this not leave forensic evidence? Police would have to be pretty awful to not check the outside of the lorry for damage or dna

I would categorically say that if anyone was even nudged by an articulated lorry, the driver wouldn't know a thing. I've known people to get run over by reversing fire engines and the driver was none the wiser. You 'may' feel a very small raise in the back if you went over someone. It's not like a 'sleeping policeman' (speed hump). A body is basically a bag of jelly held together with bones.

I think the only damage would be paint work on the wall (which more that likely would be white) and brick dust on the trailer.

DNA evidence on the trailer would depend on how hard he was hit/crushed....if that was the case?

From a lowered tail-lift? I'm thinking 7.5 or 18 tonne fixed body though. I really don't think a HGV could fit down there or even be allowed by weight?

Do you reckon a Ratcliffe just dropped from its upright position would do it? Surely the safety catch would prevent that. There's some force there to knock that amount of masonry down.

I'm guessing it would depend how he was hit. If it caused internal injuries there would likely be no blood.
Plus forensics on the area weren't done immediately and from what I gather, it rained a lot in the days after his disappearance and the vehicles wouldn't have been forensically checked until, I assume, weeks after.
Plenty of time to clean up any damage/evidence.
Not sure how noisy it would be, only a few bricks have fallen out and there aren't really many residential buildings to have heard it anyway.

'But there were plenty of people around- it's one thing to not notice someone acting normally but quite another to miss hearing a reversing vehicle part knock a wall down nor see Corrie then being hidden jmo

I thought the broken wall looked more like it was over the other side of the road near the Cornhill centre, and not in the horseshoe.

I think Corrie could have easily crossed the street to Short Brackland when the Brentgovel(?) camera was facing the frontage of Greggs as it did when running man entered shot.

It's a shame we don't have any examples of CCTV footage from Short Brackland. I'm just trying to fight a locky-uppy computer to try to streeview walk down there. The first thing I see on the left (as you leave the horseshoe) is a parking bay with more bins.

There is another black door on the side of a building, in addition to the one Roger the Lodger pointed out to us earlier, both on the left side of the street approximately opposite to the parking at the rear of the Cornhill centre.

The Cornhill rear parking bay seems to be something you can walk through and come out the other side into a housing area?

I found the CCTV camera, I think. It's on the side of a building with a street sign saying Lawsons Yard right underneath it. I'd estimate it's just over half-way down Short Brackland, on the left side of the street...the road curves a bit so its view to the right (towards the Cornhill rear parking) would be limited by the curve and some trees, and the view left is limited by the camera being fitted to the right side of the building, so I can't see it having any left view to the end of Short Brackland where it meets up with Cannon Street.

I'm loaded with painkillers, I hope that's enough info for someone else to get the camera from though.

How high are the loading bays in the back of Cornwalk? Any locals able to tell? Are they waist high, neck high or higher?

Do you reckon a Ratcliffe just dropped from its upright position would do it? Surely the safety catch would prevent that. There's some force there to knock that amount of masonry down.

I was thinking lowered like the below and then misjudged when reversing?

2010-Ford-Iveco-Eurocargo-75-Tonne-Lorry-Automatic-_1.jpg

Like I say I'd be impressed if a 44-tonne went anywhere near there and the road has a 7.5 tonne limit: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...xp0S-fHg!2e0!5s20151001T000000!7i13312!8i6656

I can't tell if it's a camera or a floodlight (it's the shape of a floodlight) overlooking a parking bay which has bright pink doors in it. It's probably floodlighting for the parking spots, but someone more knowledgeable and alert than I could have a look.

There are a lot of 'side' bits that lead to houses that are set behind Short Brackland, in addition to that possible cut-through across the other side of the Cornhill rear parking. It's like a rabbit warren down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member