Found Deceased UK - Darren Blyth, 55, teacher, went to take photos, Hawthorn Dene, 14 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Dad-of-two Darren Blyth, 55, didn’t come home after telling his wife and children he was going to Hawthorn Dene in County Durham to take photographs on Wednesday evening.

Relatives say the ‘much-loved’ biology teacher was struggling with his mental health after being put under ‘extraordinary pressure’ during the Covid lockdown.

SEI_75331827-e1618825030852.jpg

SEI_75331778-e1618825397578.jpg

SEI_75338746-e1618825462709.jpg

More at Desperate search for missing teacher under ‘extraordinary pressure’ in lockdown'

Survival expert and family friend Ray Mears, 57, has even been drafted in to help but Mr Blyth remains missing from his home.

Mel has now penned a handwritten note in a direct appeal for her partner to return.

The couple, who live in Trimdon Station, County Durham, have been together for 27 years and share a daughter, nine.

0_PAY-NNP-Missing_Teacher_Darren_Blyth_23.jpg

Police were at Hawthorn Dene Quarry as teams continue to search for missing dad Darren Blyth.

The 55-year-old left his home in Trimdon Station on Wednesday evening, (April 14) stating that he planned to take photographs of the sunset at Hawthorn Dene, but did not return later that night.

Today, April 19, police teams carried out a search of Hawthorn Dene Quarry as they continued their efforts to find Darren and bring him home to his family.

Police search quarry for missing dad Darren Blyth as family issues heartfelt plea for him to return home

[with CCTV footage]

Mr Blyth is described as much-loved science teacher at Stokesley School in North Yorkshire. He has two daughters, nine-year-old Abigail and 36-year-old Katrina. He's been married to his wife Mel for 27 years. She says her world has turned upside down since her husband went missing.

Mrs Blyth said she found her husband's car at Hawthorn Dene just after midnight. He'd told her he was going out taking photographs in the woods as it was a nice evening. With no sign of her husband, she called the police.

He was spotted on CCTV returning his camera to the car before walking off in the direction of Hawthorn Dene again.

"He's priceless" - family of missing County Durham teacher continue their search | ITV News

I sometimes go running or walking around Hawthorn Dene. It is beautiful. In fact we were there on Sunday morning and saw the posters.

In the woodland part there are lots of different pathways, some well worn and some not. There are lots of steps and steep sides and it would be very easy to stumble and fall. If Darren has fallen and was trying to call for help with his phone, he may have had difficulty because I have struggled with phone reception there. So much so, on our first visit we got lost because I couldn't connect to my map app.

We kept our eyes open for him on Sunday and it is a popular area. It will be hard to search though due to the steep terrain and undergrowth. It has been cold overnight here recently so I hate to say it but if he is still there, I don't think it will be a good outcome :(

Have they checked for the pics he might have taken with his camera? Maybe there's a clue in there or they could possibly re-trace his last steps just in case he went back to any areas where he took photos. There has to be a reason he brought the camera back to the car, right?

Come on, Darren. Be okay!

Darren, who also has another daughter, Katrina Blyth, teaches at Stokesley School & Sixth Form College where the head teacher, Hannah Millett, said staff and pupils hold him in high regard and are hoping for his safe return.
Search for missing teacher Darren Blyth enters sixth day

Darren, who is a popular biology teacher at Stokesley School in Middlesbrough, is dad to Katrina Blyth, 36, and Abigail Blyth, nine.
Police search quarry for missing dad Darren Blyth as family issues heartfelt plea for him to return home

The search for missing County Durham teacher Darren Blyth has entered its sixth day.

Darren, 55, was last seen leaving his home in Trimdon Station, County Durham to take photographs at Hawthorn Dene on Wednesday evening.

However he did not return, and was reported missing to police late that night by his wife Mel, 53.

Since Wednesday, police have been carrying out "extensive searches" across the east coast and surrounding areas and have followed up on a number of reported sightings of Darren.

Search for missing teacher Darren Blyth enters sixth day

I'm sad to hear about a teacher feeling "extraordinary pressure" due to the lockdowns and hope he is found safe.
I'm also sad to hear that. Teachers have had it tough in the past year. If self-harm is a possibility, I hope searchers are also looking up and not just down ravines, etc. in the park. I recall a woman was found in a tree after being missed on previous searches when people were looking down.

I hope for a good outcome, of course, and that Darren is able to return to his family who want him home.

jmo

There is a 54 sec video of CCTV footage that shows Darren walking and taking photos. I wonder if LE were able to find & question the person/people in the white pickup truck that's seen entering the area at about the 37 sec mark? Perhaps they have some info that could help lead to Darren's whereabouts. JMO

TV survival expert Ray Mears helps in search for missing County Durham teacher | ITV News
Tuesday 20 April 2021
Snipped

CCTV footage and potential sightings

Darren was spotted on CCTV returning his camera to the car before walking off in the direction of Hawthorn Dene again. M. says there have been reports of potential sightings via social media channels, leading the search to move focus from County Durham to the North Yorkshire area.

ETA - photo of truck
175997341_100311332209128_3323463512497174541_n.jpg

Detectives searching for missing Stokesley science teacher Darren Blyth who vanished more than a week ago have renewed their appeal for help.

The 55-year-old dad left his home in Trimdon Station, County Durham, on the evening of Wednesday, April 14, to take photographs of the sunset at Hawthorn Dene, but did not return home.

Since his disappearance, an extensive search operation has been carried out by police, mountain rescue teams, coastguards, lifeboats and police air support.

A week on, police renew urgent appeal to find missing Stokesley teacher

Police are continuing to search for teacher Darren Blyth nine days since he went missing.

Today, April 23, Durham Constabulary confirmed that police were continuing to search for Darren, who is a popular biology teacher at Stokesley School in Middlesbrough.

A spokeswoman for the force said officers were “still looking for Darren” but said there was no further update on the search.

Police continue search for missing teacher Darren Blyth nine days on from disappearance

The family have posted on their Facebook page that he has been sighted in Peterlee. I haven't seen it reported in MSM yet. I'm keeping a look out for him today although I doubt he'll be wandering through the town centre.

All these sightings make it less likely he's had an accident in Hawthorn Dene which is a good thing

The family have posted on their Facebook page that he has been sighted in Peterlee. I haven't seen it reported in MSM yet. I'm keeping a look out for him today although I doubt he'll be wandering through the town centre.

All these sightings make it less likely he's had an accident in Hawthorn Dene which is a good thing

But are they CONFIRMED sightings? So often an alleged 'it definitely was him/her' turns out to be just a lookalike.

But are they CONFIRMED sightings? So often an alleged 'it definitely was him/her' turns out to be just a lookalike.
I've looked at their page again and it says 'potential sightings'. I'm sure that's changed since last night. I thought their wording seemed more positive than it does now so maybe it's not as hopeful as first thought :oops:

I've looked at their page again and it says 'potential sightings'. I'm sure that's changed since last night. I thought their wording seemed more positive than it does now so maybe it's not as hopeful as first thought :oops:
Yeah, the post was edited. I hope they can located him soon.

[BBM]

We have a really strong sighting of Darren in Peterlee - near to the moorcock pub, heading either towards shotton (so past the fire station road on shotton road) or the other direction towards Peterlee town centre) yesterday late afternoon. [post continues]

to:

We have a few potential sightings of Darren in Peterlee - near to the moorcock pub, heading towards shotton (so past the fire station road on shotton road) then again passed whithouses business park yesterday late afternoon.

Even though this is in the North East Please share this with all your friends far and wide - we know this may not be Darren and we want people to be aware of him all over the country. [post continues]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back