GUILTY UK - Eleanor Williams, 19, from Barrow, made false sex trafficking and abuse claims, May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No wonder there's such a backlog in the courts. 2 whole days and they've managed to achieve nothing! These things move at a glacial pace don't they?

I find it quite noteworthy in this case that the far right haven't seized on to it. Any hint of "Young girl is abused by Muslims and the authorities cover it up" is usually right up their alley. Suggests that even they don't find her credible.

I also had a look at how much you can claim if you're not being paid while on the jury with it maybe lasting 12 weeks. It's only up to £64.95 a day, I'd be livid if I was on a case like this for maybe 12 weeks at that rate of payment.

I find it quite noteworthy in this case that the far right haven't seized on to it. Any hint of "Young girl is abused by Muslims and the authorities cover it up" is usually right up their alley. Suggests that even they don't find her credible.

rsbm

They have actually. Her cause has been taken up enthusiastically by something calling itself 'Patriotic Alternative', which describes its mission as: 'to raise awareness of issues such as the demographic decline of native Britons in the United Kingdom, the environmental impact of mass immigration and the indoctrination and political bias taking place in British schools'. I can't bring myself to post a link but if you google them, their website will thoroughly explain the 'ancestral rights' of the 'indigenous British' people and the role of the nuclear (heterosexual) family as the cornerstone of a civilised society. (And her story is covered in 'News' for 25 May 2020.)

Based on a somewhat threadbare knowledge of this case, I have a fair bit of sympathy for her actually. I think criminal sexual exploitation is much more widespread than we mostly imagine, and I think that the grooming and gaslighting process by which people become ensnared, plus the use of drugs and isolation from normality to numb and destabilise victims, can make it very difficult for victims to present a coherent narrative that doesn't make them look like attention-seeking loons, still less a factually watertight one.

The press coverage to date also makes it very hard to pick the facts out and really look at them - even the reporting of her remand/bail status seems completely contradictory from one month to the next - so actually I would quite like to be on the jury and hear everything first hand! What I definitely think is that if one or more charges have been dropped before the case has even started, then the CPS are less sure of their material than they ought to be if she has spent even one day in prison.

JMO

rsbm

They have actually. Her cause has been taken up enthusiastically by something calling itself 'Patriotic Alternative', which describes its mission as: 'to raise awareness of issues such as the demographic decline of native Britons in the United Kingdom, the environmental impact of mass immigration and the indoctrination and political bias taking place in British schools'. I can't bring myself to post a link but if you google them, their website will thoroughly explain the 'ancestral rights' of the 'indigenous British' people and the role of the nuclear (heterosexual) family as the cornerstone of a civilised society. (And her story is covered in 'News' for 25 May 2020.)

Based on a somewhat threadbare knowledge of this case, I have a fair bit of sympathy for her actually. I think criminal sexual exploitation is much more widespread than we mostly imagine, and I think that the grooming and gaslighting process by which people become ensnared, plus the use of drugs and isolation from normality to numb and destabilise victims, can make it very difficult for victims to present a coherent narrative that doesn't make them look like attention-seeking loons, still less a factually watertight one.

The press coverage to date also makes it very hard to pick the facts out and really look at them - even the reporting of her remand/bail status seems completely contradictory from one month to the next - so actually I would quite like to be on the jury and hear everything first hand! What I definitely think is that if one or more charges have been dropped before the case has even started, then the CPS are less sure of their material than they ought to be if she has spent even one day in prison.

JMO

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware because to be honest I don't really know any of these groups other then the bigger main ones. My post probably gives the impression that I don't believe her either but in all honesty I'm kind of on the fence, although I do think the majority opinion seems to be that she's not credible which is why I worded it the way I did.

I agree with you about it being much wider spread than most people imagine. The attitudes that are prominent in the police (and society generally) across this country are the reason these people can get away with doing what they do for so long. For far too long it's been the case that the more powerful person should be believed and the other person dismissed, along with terrible misogyny against women and girls when reporting these crimes.

Ultimately whether she's lying or telling the truth I think help of some sort would be much more beneficial than prison.

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware because to be honest I don't really know any of these groups other then the bigger main ones. My post probably gives the impression that I don't believe her either but in all honesty I'm kind of on the fence, although I do think the majority opinion seems to be that she's not credible which is why I worded it the way I did.

I agree with you about it being much wider spread than most people imagine. The attitudes that are prominent in the police (and society generally) across this country are the reason these people can get away with doing what they do for so long. For far too long it's been the case that the more powerful person should be believed and the other person dismissed, along with terrible misogyny against women and girls when reporting these crimes.

Ultimately whether she's lying or telling the truth I think help of some sort would be much more beneficial than prison.

I couldn't agree more. And tbh I've never heard of remand for anything other than violent crimes, so it seems there's much more to this case than meets the eye. I hope it isn't adjourned long - I've been reeled in now!

RSBM
I also had a look at how much you can claim if you're not being paid while on the jury with it maybe lasting 12 weeks. It's only up to £64.95 a day, I'd be livid if I was on a case like this for maybe 12 weeks at that rate of payment.
It's more than that for a 12 week trial.

For the first 10 days of jury service, you can claim up to:

• £64.95 a day if you spend more than 4 hours at court
  • £32.47 a day if you spend 4 hours or less at court
If your jury service lasts longer than 10 working days, the amount you can claim increases. You’ll be able to claim up to:

• £129.91 a day if you spend more than 4 hours at court
  • £64.95 a day if you spend 4 hours or less at court
Jury service

It's still paltry though, especially if you're self-employed and are subsidising the loss of income from your own pocket. A 10- or 12-week trial could feasibly make a small business go under tbh. That said, I'd love to do jury service but have never once been called.

A NEW date has been set for the trial of a woman accused of making false claims of sexual assault and trafficking.

Eleanor Williams is facing eight charges of perverting the course of justice relating to alleged false claims made to police.

The 21-year-old, of Teasdale Road on Walney, is said to have carried out the offences between 2017 and 2020.

Ms Williams has had to wait more than 18 months since she was first charged to face trial.

She is now due to be tried at Preston Crown Court from October 10.

The trial is expected to last around three months.

A trial was due to take place earlier this month but was adjourned.

New date for trial of woman accused of false rape claims

A NEW date has been set for the trial of a woman accused of making false claims of sexual assault and trafficking.

Eleanor Williams is facing eight charges of perverting the course of justice relating to alleged false claims made to police.

The 21-year-old, of Teasdale Road on Walney, is said to have carried out the offences between 2017 and 2020.

Ms Williams has had to wait more than 18 months since she was first charged to face trial.

She is now due to be tried at Preston Crown Court from October 10.

The trial is expected to last around three months.

A trial was due to take place earlier this month but was adjourned.

New date for trial of woman accused of false rape claims

Jesus, that's ages away!

Thanks for updating @Bibijoya.

I am so mystified.

I mean, you have to assume that whoever is making the decision to keep her on remand is in possession of information over and above what's in the public domain, but when the charge is for a non-violent crime, and the time she's waiting for trial has been so protracted, and at least one of the charges has already been dropped just as it was coming to court, I just really can't see how this is a proportionate decision.

“When the police learned of such serious allegations against a seemingly vulnerable young woman, they began to investigate and took steps to safeguard her welfare,” Mr Sandiford said.

Mr Sandiford told the court that Williams fabricated a ‘good deal’ of false and fake evidence including text messages and on social media, in which her alleged abusers, appeared to admit what they have done to her.

He said: “Williams manipulated her social contact, her social relationships, phone and media contacts… to make it appear that she was being constantly contacted by Asian males or people with Asian male names, in particular, about sex or sexual matters.”

"The court heard that on 19 May 2020, Ms Williams was reported missing and then found by police with significant injuries to her face, body and limbs and a badly cut finger.
Mr Sandiford said she claimed, to police and on a public Facebook post, that she had been taken to a house in Barrow, gang raped, beaten and attacked with a knife.
[...]
"The police established that her injuries had been self-inflicted with a hammer police recovered in fields near to where they had found Ms Williams on the night she had failed to return home."
The trial continues."

Eleanor Williams: Barrow woman 'hurt herself with hammer'

"The court heard that on 19 May 2020, Ms Williams was reported missing and then found by police with significant injuries to her face, body and limbs and a badly cut finger.
Mr Sandiford said she claimed, to police and on a public Facebook post, that she had been taken to a house in Barrow, gang raped, beaten and attacked with a knife.
[...]
"The police established that her injuries had been self-inflicted with a hammer police recovered in fields near to where they had found Ms Williams on the night she had failed to return home."
The trial continues."

Eleanor Williams: Barrow woman 'hurt herself with hammer'
Oh, much more in that article than the one I found, thank you Tortoise.

So she made an allegation against one man and he was held in custody for 3 months before he was released and the charges were laid against her for an alleged false allegation. She then made allegations against a group of Asian males whose comments she allegedly fabricated on her social media. I assumed from that the Asian men were not actually real people, they were profiles she created, but perhaps they were real people‘s identities if she hoped charges would be laid.

It would be interesting to know why police discounted the first allegation, and if that played a part in what happened subsequently.

(Edited for sub judice)

Last edited:
Here’s a 2019 article about allegations she made and how the man falsely accused was affected. It doesn’t mention her by name, but he’s mentioned in the bbc article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back