GUILTY UK - Ellie Butler, 6, brutally murdered, Sutton, 28 Oct 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At least the legal aid pot has been firmly locked up.
I don`t even understand why the "parents" have the right to be party to the inquest.

Ben Butler making the inquest into Ellie's death all about Ben Butler.

Ben Butler, who beat six-year-old Ellie Butler to death at their family home in Sutton, south London, threatened to walk out of the hearing during an outburst on Friday.

Retired high court judge Dame Linda Dobbs, sitting as coroner in the inquest, warned him: “I’m going to get extremely annoyed,” and said she would mute his microphone if he continued.

Butler is currently serving life with a minimum term of 23 years for Ellie’s murder and has been listening to the hearing via video link from prison.

He said: “This is corrupt, I probably won’t bother coming back this afternoon.”

Dame Linda replied: “That’s entirely up to you if you don’t want to take part in these proceedings.”

Butler continued: “You’ve been brought in just to do the job and not allowed anyone any leeway ever.”

Dame Linda responded: “Mr Butler, you have had the most incredible amount of leeway and I have been as patient as I can.

“If you are discontent with that, so be it – if you carry on much longer I will turn you off, if you want to walk out that’s up to you.”

Butler’s tirade came after he was stopped from putting irrelevant questions to a witness at South London Coroner’s Court in Croydon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...er-warned-inquest-outburst.html#ixzz59uhdk2nz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

But I don't think this inquest isn't going to provide him with the platform he wants.

When a coroner resumes an inquest following criminal proceedings, the coroner must ensure the outcome of the verdict is not inconsistent with the relevant criminal proceedings or other reason(s) that the Coroner's investigation had been originally suspended (paragraph 8 of Schedule 1 of the Coroners and Justice Act 2009).

The Coroner is more likely to resume an inquest following criminal proceedings which has resulted in a conviction where Article 2 issues, in his/her opinion need to be explored.

[...]

Article 2 inquests are enhanced inquests held in cases where the State or 'its agents' have 'failed to protect the deceased against a human threat or other risk' or where there has been a death in custody. Cases where the deceased has been under the care or responsibility of social services or healthcare professionals are also often included in this category of inquest.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/coroners

Great! Yes mute his microphone. What does he hope to achieve??? :behindbar

Shame they didn't report anything about the witness. Poor show "journalists".

Greetings from the USA, just wanted to say howdy. i began this thread a week or so ago,
and feel like i know ya'll all so well. such an informative, educated and dedicated group.
i was surprised to see active posts from recent and today. your positivity and compassion
drew me in, such a horrible crime, yet such respect and love. much appreciated

[FONT=&amp]She had become upset and anxious after being told that she would go back to live with her birth parents, South London Coroner’s Court in Croydon was told.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Ellie’s guardian at the time, Carol Vicarage, received an email from a colleague about Ellie’s behaviour, saying: “Every time the doorbell rings she hides under a table.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
Ms Vicarage told the inquest on Friday that she was on extended sick leave at the time and that her cases were meant to have been reallocated.

Richard Morris, assistant director at Cafcass (Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service), said it was unacceptable that Ms Vicarage’s cases were not reassigned and that the company’s safeguarding measures have since been improved.

https://www.bailiwickexpress.co.uk/...time-doorbell-rang-inquest-told/#.WqwWB2rFKM8

[/FONT]

Why are those two allowed to be there? How dare they be able to be privy to establishing how Ellie was failed. It actually makes me feel sick.

It is clear neither of them are prepared to admit, even to themselves, what they have done.
BB is beyond belief and she is is a disgrace. I think he was annoyed at the opening day because the focus was on her supporting him, but he actually believes he is innocent and so wants to dis-associate himself from her weakness and failures which were made so much of during the trial. The thing is he needs her for his appeal so has to play along, which is where his frustration comes from. His aggression and quick temper stem from some sort of frustration.

She will so obviously be spending her time on release visiting him as much as she can. It is stomach churning.

Ellie’s grandfather is so dignified and I am amazed at his strength.

I’m still so affected by Ellie’s case - it’s just so very tragic and senseless and could have been avoided.

Ffs - this is what you get with the way our public services are run. No one picked up the cases... contributing to a little girls murder. I have no words...

An independent social worker has told an inquest that she did not see the “volatility” of a father who went on to beat his six-year-old daughter to death as a risk.

Catherine Harris, of S4C (Services for Children), told the inquest into Ellie’s death at South London Coroner’s Court that no formal risk or parental assessment had been made.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...cial-worker-tells-girls-inquest-36720636.html

BBM
​:silenced:

A girl who was killed by her father was told that a "good judge" had allowed her back into his care while a "bad judge" took her away, an inquest heard.

Concerns were raised at the inquest about social workers telling Ellie that a "good judge" had returned her home.

An independent social worker who oversaw the handover of Ellie's care, Catherine Harris, told South London Coroner's Court: "They needed to consider that there was a judge that got something wrong about her dad hurting her".
The inquest heard Ms Harris had written in a report that there was "nothing to suggest" Ellie would be harmed.
"There is a lot to suggest that she should return to her parents," she wrote.
Giving evidence, Ms Harris said: "The increasing pressure for Ellie and the grown-ups was becoming such that we needed to bring the date forward.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43415018

Excuse me while I go off and shout somewhere. I might be a while.

Inquest counsel Adam Wiseman QC asked Ms Harris if she had “concerns” before November 2012, when Ellie was returned to her parents, about Butler’s “volatility and the risk that might cause to Ellie”.

Ms Harris replied: “No, I was not concerned that posed a risk to Ellie.

“In my engagement with Mr Butler, he would get quite heated and express himself a bit forcefully.

“He would calm down when you asked him to do so.”

She said she only saw him behave like that with adults, adding: “It was part of his presentation to get quite heated.

“I never felt threatened by Mr Butler. I’m aware others did.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...orker-tells-girl-s-inquest.html#ixzz5ACsv6PFP

Giving evidence Ms Harris said she believed her agency, Services for Children (S4C) were part of a system who had let her down.

She said: 'I think with the benefit of hindsight Ellie was let down by an entire system of which S4C was part of. Ellie is now dead so she was let down by a system and S4C was part of that system.'

Ms Harris agreed that there had been a focus on what the parents wanted during Ellie's move from her grandparents home in November 2012.

[...]

He said: 'Did you ever have any concern for her physical welfare?'

'No I didn't', she replied.

'When you visited the family in March 2013 did you have any concerns about Ellie?'

Ms Harris said: 'I didn't have any concerns.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-Butler-let-entire-system.html#ixzz5AIqWSPAq

^^ those two questions were put to her on behalf of the parents. It must make them feel satisfied or proud or something that 7 months before Ellie's murder they were able to hide what monsters they were and their children said nothing.

I notice there was no date given in the report for when Ms Harris said "domestic violence was considered a significant issue" and JG's hospital notes were conveniently missing. I'm presuming it was before Ellie died and nothing was done. And I hope S4C has been closed down.

JG was giving evidence yesterday. Just the same old lies.

"She was not in any pain," said Gray, who was giving evidence by video link from prison, where she is nearing the end of a three-and-a-half year sentence for child cruelty and perverting the course of justice.

"No one saw any sign of anything," she said, claiming that Ellie had managed to do PE, swimming and skipping when she returned to school.

She described Butler, who followed proceedings by video link from a separate jail, as someone whose "bark was worse than his bite".

The 38-year-old from south London said she and Butler, also 38, both had a "nasty mouth" and would trade insults in text messages but he would never hit her.

"I'm certainly not a victim," she told the hearing, denying that she had ever raised the subject of domestic violence with professionals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43374587

Poor poor Ellie. Jennie Gray is a disgrace and her prison sentence has done nothing to correct her.

I cannot understand how she has gone through the criminal justice system (including some sort of rehabilitation whilst in prison) and yet STILL is lying and protecting him.

He’s in prison for years, in effect she could try to build her life as she does not need to see him etc.

Why is she continuing to lie? What’s wrong with her??

Aaaahh!

CourtNewsUK[FONT=&amp]‏ @CourtNewsUK 1h1 hour agoMore
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Monster Ben Butler, who is serving 23 years for killing his daughter tells inquest 'I did fun things for the children and spoiled them.'[/FONT]

CourtNewsUK[FONT=&amp]‏ @CourtNewsUK 1h1 hour agoMore
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Ben Butler vows to endlessly appeal against his conviction even though he was convicted on overwhelming evidence. He claims he has new medical evidence and says 'This is far from over'[/FONT]

Speaking from prison via video link he said: 'I didn't cause Ellie to die, I didn't cause any injury to Ellie at all. I believe I have got some proof and this is far from over, that's the message to you all - this is far from over'.

Butler was involved in a toxic relationship with Ellie's mother Jennie Gray, 38, and he admitted sending her threatening text messages, the inquest heard.

Counsel for the inquest Adam Wiseman QC read some of the texts out: 'Now you will die, v, v angry' and, 'I will maim you *advertiser censored*'.

In his statement read out to the inquest today Butler said: I should have been more honest with Services for Children.

'I did fun things for the children and spoiled them. At the time I did not understand, I was focusing on what we had fought for six years.

'I was erratic. The problem was Jenny being in hospital. The local authority, the police, and the doctor all said that Ellie was fine.

'The children needed both of us. We texted each other from different to avoid arguing in front of the children.'

Appearing via video link from prison, Butler then told the Coroner, Dame Linda Dobbs of his regret for the abusive texts he sent to Gray.

He said: 'I realise what I said was absolutely horrendous. I am ashamed and I regret saying them. I should have left so we could heal more.

'My behaviour in regard to Jenny was unacceptable - but to say because you are being abusive to your partner therefore you are being abusive to your children is totally wrong - they are two different things.

'I do not accept the jury conviction of my murder. Certain evidence was not placed in front of them which effect the outcome - hence I will be appealing the outcome.

'There is medical evidence on my side which makes different observations. There will be more on that in the future.

'Some of that medical evidence was not put before the jury. This will be the 12th year I have been in court battles when I did not need to. I could have walked away. I continue to fight for my girls.

'I have worked very hard to be there. I have had a life in 12 years and it all relates to a mistake from 2007. I would like to know how many people have been through what I have been through.

'There is a strange situation going on, where fractures and brain injuries go on, in the local authority care and nothing happens, but I am criticised for not noticing an injury to the scapula which I honestly did not notice.

'The bottom line is that we went through six years of extreme problems. Jenny has had problems with bleeding. I do not think that I hoodwinked anyone, Jenny was going through a hard time. I did not want to cause concern. I accept that I should have told people, I should have said something.

'I have not made the right decisions in a lot of areas in my life. I have paid a hell of price for it. Too much of a price. I have made mistakes.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Butler-death-says-far-over.html#ixzz5AUUVG4S0

They deserve each other. There is no hope for them at all. Cowards.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead
Back