GUILTY Uk - Emile Cilliers Accused Of Tampering W/ Wife's Parachute, Wiltshire, 5 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The case is very odd. I can’t think of another example of attempted murder where the victim seems quite ambivalent about the charge. It must be a mind bender for the legal teams.

The case is very odd. I can’t think of another example of attempted murder where the victim seems quite ambivalent about the charge. It must be a mind bender for the legal teams.
I'm scratching my head.

The case might actually have been easier if she had died (not that I am wishing that on her, of course). All the empirical evidence points one way as far as I can see, but her statements really muddy the waters. I think he will be convicted though, there doesn’t seem to be any other rational explanation for what went on. How can he explain taking the parachute into the toilet with him?

I was wondering if she may be suffering from depression (at the moment). Or if she has quite low self esteem and it is her tendency to acquiesce when she is attacked, and if the defence barrister worked on that.

I don't know, it's all guesswork, maybe she is getting stick from some quarters (his parents/children's grandparents?) for testifying against him, or something. It just seems though as if she might not be taking the consequences of the charges seriously enough, from what I can see.

Thanks for the updates Tortoise.

So, no trial today ? and I can't see any listing for tomorrow ?

It was on today but I can only find the Times article (which I don't have a subscription for) and what little there was in the Mail article I linked before, tacked on to what happened yesterday. You'd have thought all the papers would have been there for the start of his evidence so it's all rather strange.

I'm wondering if the trial wobbled for a while.

Lawpages recorded witness no. 27 on the stand yesterday afternoon and this morning, but still no press reports. Must be a secret witness or something :rolls eyes:

Case adjourned at lunchtime to 10:30 am tomorrow.

More from his police interviews today it seems -

He said it was a 'coincidence' that he suggested Victoria go skydiving for the first time in months just days after he allegedly tried to cause an explosion at their home.

He also told police he 'doesn't know' how blood appeared by the gas valve at their home in Amesbury, Wilts.
When asked about his wife's 'joke' text messages when she suggested he was 'trying to bump her off', he said: 'She's a grown woman.
'I don't know why a grown woman would come out with things like that.'
The court heard how in police interviews, Cilliers realised 'how much' he loved his wife and described his affair with Ms Goller as a 'mistake'.
In messages to Miss Goller, also a skydiving instructor like Mrs Cilliers, the defendant told her he 'wanted to spend time with my family and wife'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-homes-Zoopla-Tinder-lover.html#ixzz4xJfTTdXA

[FONT=&quot]Early stages of Emile Cilliers’ testimony. Describes coming to UK from SA, joining the British Army and his first marriage
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile first meets VIcky Cilliers in Army gym in 2010 when she treats his knee injury - they’ve both been married before.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile describes how Vicky introduces him to parachuting at Netheravon airfield - where the incident happens in 2015
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile moves in with Vicky in 2010. She’s soon concerned about his debts. But she agrees to marry him in 2011.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile says his wedding to Vicky Cilliers in SA in Sept 2011 was small but quite expensive
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vicky falls pregnant by Emile in 2011 and is emotional throughout, he says, due to previous miscarriage.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile admits not telling Vicky about his financial debts
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile admits not telling Vicky Cilliers about his two other children from his time in SA
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Court hears Emile’s first wife tipped off Vicky (his second wife to be) about his extra children just before their wedding
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile admits his debts & loans which he kept from Vicky made him reluctant to have second child with her.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile admits ‘I was constantly being bailed out by Vicky, I never told her the truth about the debt I was in’.

https://twitter.com/MarkNicolMoS
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Emile Cilliers giving evidence this afternoon. He denies trying to murder his ex-wife by tampering with her parachute
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile Cilliers tells court his wife Victoria was very emotional when their first child was born so he cared for the baby.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile Cilliers tells court he wanted to tell wife Victoria about his financial problems but was “scared she’d leave me”

https://twitter.com/leylahayes
[/FONT]

He said he relied on his wife to 'constantly bail him out' and even created a fictitious 'ombudsman' he was 'seeking financial advice from'.

But Cilliers, who allegedly tampered with Mrs Cilliers' parachute before a 4,000ft skydive, told the court he would have had 'no idea' what type of kit was inside the chute's container.

Father-of-six...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ebt-attempted-murder-trial.html#ixzz4xOib4qx6

[FONT=&amp]Emile Cilliers, of the Royal Army Physical Training Corps, is alleged to have had debts of £22,000 and could have received a £120,000 insurance payout if his wife, Victoria, died.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The court was told that the year before the alleged attempted murder, Cilliers changed his life insurance policy to include his wife. He claimed this was to make sure that if he [/FONT][FONT=&amp]had an accident while skiing with the army Victoria and their child would be financially secure.

..[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]he came to the UK in 2000. By that time he was not married but had two children, he told the court.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
He worked on farms and in pubs in the UK before meeting his first wife, Carly, in Oxford. They married and had two children.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]In January 2009 he suffered a serious knee injury while skiing with the army and while off his feet he said he realised his marriage was in trouble. The couple separated amicably, he told the court.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Victoria, a physiotherapist, helped his rehabilitation following the knee injury and they began seeing each other in March 2010.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He will continue to give evidence on Monday.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ing-to-skydiver-wife-tells-jury-of-huge-debts
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

So it's a moot point that Vicky's policy didn't pay him but her own estate in the event of her death. And I'm sure he would have claimed against her estate as the father of two babies. She said she left the house to the children, but not the policy.

I would have had second thoughts abut marrying someone who hadn't told me about two children. That is a massive secret.

He sounds like a total leech.

2 children by the time he's 20 - what happened to the mother of those two ? was she left behind in SA to take care of them ?

And then leaves wife number one to take care of child 3 and 4 presumably ? if he had so many debts , I doubt there was any child maintenance being paid.

I feel very sorry for Victoria. From the, admittedly very brief, picture I have of her from the news reports, she sounds as though she has low self esteem and could be a factor in her having ended up with this person. ( I could substitute plenty of better words than person, but am keepin it polite ). Agreeing to marriage after one year whilst knowing he has these debts ( which he doesn't seem to make any attempt to deal with ) is rather sad. And then discovering that he is father of 4, not 2, just before the wedding.
All of that should have been enough to ring huge warning bells rather than go ahead and marry him.

I hope for a guilty verdict ( sounds 100% guilty to me ) and for her to be able to move on and have a better quality of life.

It’s certainly not the sort of character evidence that makes you think there must have been a terrible mistake, is it? The man sounds vile.

I imagine she feels very conflicted for the sake of her children. Not quite sure how old they are now but having your mum give evidence that your dad tried to kill her is pretty hardcore for them, whenever they are able to understand. She must have half a mind to the fact that he might be acquitted and back in the kids’ lives whether she likes it or not.

He sounds like a total leech.

2 children by the time he's 20 - what happened to the mother of those two ? was she left behind in SA to take care of them ?

And then leaves wife number one to take care of child 3 and 4 presumably ? if he had so many debts , I doubt there was any child maintenance being paid.

I feel very sorry for Victoria. From the, admittedly very brief, picture I have of her from the news reports, she sounds as though she has low self esteem and could be a factor in her having ended up with this person. ( I could substitute plenty of better words than person, but am keepin it polite ). Agreeing to marriage after one year whilst knowing he has these debts ( which he doesn't seem to make any attempt to deal with ) is rather sad. And then discovering that he is father of 4, not 2, just before the wedding.
All of that should have been enough to ring huge warning bells rather than go ahead and marry him.

I hope for a guilty verdict ( sounds 100% guilty to me ) and for her to be able to move on and have a better quality of life.

I'm guessing it could have been two mothers he left behind in SA, since we've not heard details about a steady relationship.

Leaving two children in SA and not even mentioning their existence to Vicky tells me he had no bond or contact with them.

He leaves his first wife and two children under the age of 6, after suddenly realising that his marriage is in difficulty. Not too difficult to keep up a sexual relationship though.

He sets up a gas explosion while another two of his children, age 3 and 4 weeks, are in the house.

He lies to his mistress that he is not the father of his new baby, while keeping a sexual relationship going with his first wife, so not caring about deceiving mistress either, even though she is the one for him.

In his police interviews under caution for murder it dawns on him that he loves Vicky, and dumps his mistress.

He quite obviously doesn't know what love is, and partners and children are simply dispensable.

[FONT=&quot]Asked how marriage was before the parachute accident Emile Cilliers says “We had some normal marital problems..otherwise amicable.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emile Cilliers says in the months before the parachute accident he went on Tinder as “needed some female company” and had an affair

https://twitter.com/leylahayes
[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper