GUILTY Uk - Emile Cilliers Accused Of Tampering W/ Wife's Parachute, Wiltshire, 5 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[FONT=&quot]Mr Cilliers faces two charges of attempted murder and is currently answering questions about a third charge he is facing...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]… criminal damage as to recklessly endanger life.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The morning has been spent discussing the apparently rapid breakdown of the Cilliers marriage in late 2014 early 2015.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the financial problems they were having, including the visit from a debt-collector shortly before in Dec 2014.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the last hour Emile Cilliers was asked by his defence counsel if he tampered with the house gas main with a view to killing his wife.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Did you deliberately do anything to move any or either of the fittings on that gas valve? "No I did not."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Did you at that time want to harm your wife? “No, I did not."Did you want to kill her? “No."Did you want to harm your children? “No Never"

https://twitter.com/nickwallis
[/FONT]

Ah yes, that normal marital problem of sleeping with two other women.

An Army sergeant accused of tampering with his wife's parachute in a botched plot to kill her has suggested she was targeted by a stranger, a court heard.

[FONT=&quot]But Mr Bowes said the notion of a "complete stranger" trying to sabotage a parachute track with the "sudden urged to kill someone", without knowing who it belonged to, was "ridiculous".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cilliers called it a "possibility", to which Mr Bowes retorted: "It's a possibility a number of asteroids will strike the earth, isn't it?"

Giving evidence on Monday, Cilliers said he did not give much thought as to how he came to take the parachute pack into the toilet with him the day before the ill-fated jump.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The court earlier heard that Cilliers had researched the term 'wet nurses' - used to describe women drafted in to breast feed babies when the mothers are unable – online before the incident.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mrs Cilliers had given birth two months before, the trial previously heard.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Asked why he researched the term, he said he did not know and it was probably something he was watching on television at the time, adding: "Maybe something to do with Princess Charlotte.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ms Marsh asked: "Should the jury read anything suspicious into the search?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He replied: "No."

http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk/new...-told-db147f5e-52f7-4035-a83b-822c359cb102-ds
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Interesting that he’s not challenging that someone sabotaged the parachute!

I don't think he can because the jury has already been told it's not in dispute.

Thanks Moll.

I just don't understand why a court journo would go to the trouble of reporting a question asked without giving us his answer - hopefully a competent reporter will fill us in later!!

Mr Cilliers was accused of treating his wife with "contempt" and was asked why he sent a message to his girlfriend Stephanie Goller which said "I can do random and spontaneous" from April onwards, the court heard.

[FONT=&amp]sergeant accused of trying to murder his wife treated her with such “contempt” he sat upstairs messaging his lover while his spouse was downstairs having contractions, a court heard.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Cilliers, however, added: "I did say at the time to her she was welcome to come upstairs."

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]When Mr Bowes QC suggested he took a tool and damaged the valve, causing himself to cut his hand, Cilliers said: "That's your assumption, I'm only going to say that's your assumption."[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
The prosecutor then asked: "So in fact you would be better off with her dead, as you believed you would be £120,000 richer as you'd receive the life insurance?"

Cilliers replied "no, this has been explained, I would not actually get that money." Then, Mr Bowes QC put to him: "But it doesn't matter that you wouldn't actually receive it, it matters what you believed and you believed you would receive it."[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
Cilliers said: "That's what I believed, yes."

And about the £19,000 he owed Vicky -

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mr Bowes QC asked: "If she was dead it would have disappeared then?" Cilliers said: "I would have been forced to pay it into her estate, her father would have enforced it."[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Cilliers then conceded her father would not have known about the debt as it was not recorded.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cheating-husband-who-tried-kill-11482185
[/FONT]

Unbelievable. He comes across as not just amoral, heartless and dishonest but stupid. She outranks him in every way, including the literal - captain to his sergeant. Why on earth... (usual refrain)

I'm glad Mr Bowers has so efficiently nailed the rubbish that he didn't do it for the money because as it turns out he wouldn't have got everything he thought he would get.
The Mirror report is actually better than the BBC one - as Tortoise says, there are annoying gaps in that. But I don't think there's an answer to that question about what he meant by his freedom to be spontaneous in April in any report so far. He must have had to say something.

Thanks Moll.

I just don't understand why a court journo would go to the trouble of reporting a question asked without giving us his answer - hopefully a competent reporter will fill us in later!!

this is the only thing I can find, and it doesnt really add up as an answer to the question

Cilliers was accused of treating his wife with "contempt" and was asked why he sent a message to his girlfriend Stephanie Goller which said from April onwards "I can do random and spontaneous", the court heard.

He said he was lying to Ms Goller and his wife at the time.

http://www.forces.net/news/emile-cilliers-was-coercive-and-manipulative-towards-wife-court-hears

I read a report yesterday that his mother came over from South Africa to help Vicky after the incident but she wasn't allowed to. That struck me as odd.

[FONT=&amp]When Mr Bowes said what she had written was “absolutely true”, Cilliers replied: “I can only remember the basic facts (of the conversation).”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Mr Bowes added: “Try to remember a basic fact like ‘I’m having an affair’.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Cilliers admitted he was lying and Mr Bowes said: “It’s coercive and manipulative to make her feel bad.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
The defendant replied: “That’s your assumption.”

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mr Bowes suggested he “really did not care” about Mrs Cilliers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
The defendant said his actions had nothing to do with his ability as a father but conceded he was not being a good husband because he was lying.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
Mr Bowes asked Cilliers how he could explain to the jury that he described feeling a “rush of love” when one of his children was born but also telling Ms Goller he “did not feel connected” to the baby.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
There was a long pause before Cilliers replied: “I don’t know.”

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/army-sergeant-facing-murder-bid-742683
[/FONT]

Court only sat for half an hour today. I wonder if that means he's finished giving evidence.

This isn't a case that is going to take long to sum up. Jury could be sent out to deliberate by tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning I reckon.

[FONT=&quot]Summing up case against [/FONT]#Emile[FONT=&quot] Cilliers, prosecution describe him as being devoid of empathy...a pathological liar...a cunning and manipulative man who is interested only in self-gratification.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Prosecution say Emile Cilliers had the knowledge, expertise and strength to tamper with his wife's parachute, as well as the motive and the opportunity.

https://twitter.com/emmawilkitv
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Emile [/FONT]Cilliers[FONT=&quot] attempted murder trial: the prosecution has told the jury Mr [/FONT]Cilliers[FONT=&quot] is a man who wants control and is capable of taking life

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltshire
[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB