'UK - Epsom college head Emma Pattinson, 45, found dead on campus along with husband George, 39, and daughter, Lettie, 7 - 6 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How anyone could shoot their child in the head (or anywhere) ill never understand. I pray she was asleep
That's a good question for Alex Murdock.

And as much as I'd like to think she was asleep, I just don't think that's the case. Unless they were sleeping in bed together and Lettie went first.

Emma Pattison, 45, was found dead alongside her seven-year-old daughter Lettie on 5 February.

And as much as I'd like to think she was asleep, I just don't think that's the case. Unless they were sleeping in bed together and Lettie went first.

Emma Pattison, 45, was found dead alongside her seven-year-old daughter Lettie on 5 February.

I hope the kid was first and that Emma not being still in response was why he couldn't aim at her head. Or perhaps it was just more personal with the wife. What a sad waste of life.

Alongside can be used just to mean 'with' or 'at the same time'. I don't think it necessarily means the bodies were physically together.

Alongside can be used just to mean 'with' or 'at the same time'. I don't think it necessarily means the bodies were physically together.
Unfortunately, in this context, I think the original police report, as well as the jounalist and the editor, would not make the mistake of using the word carelessly, so as to create ambiguity. I think they are all experts in deliberately choosing words that mean exactly what they want to communicate.

JMO

The Epsom College headteacher who was shot dead by her husband in a suspected murder-suicide was preparing to leave him just days before she and her daughter were killed, her sister has revealed.

Mrs Pattison's sister, Deborah Kirk, began writing her thoughts and feelings down the day after to help her cope with 'the most inhumane of tragedies', and she has now published her letters to her sister.

Mrs Kirk writes that she told her sister that she felt her relationship was 'abusive', and that she only heeded her warnings after hearing from 'professionals'.

The Epsom College headteacher who was shot dead by her husband in a suspected murder-suicide was preparing to leave him just days before she and her daughter were killed, her sister has revealed.

Mrs Pattison's sister, Deborah Kirk, began writing her thoughts and feelings down the day after to help her cope with 'the most inhumane of tragedies', and she has now published her letters to her sister.

Mrs Kirk writes that she told her sister that she felt her relationship was 'abusive', and that she only heeded her warnings after hearing from 'professionals'.

A tale we have all heard so many times… when and how will this madness end?

Incredibly sad and all too familiar :(

Deborah Kirk, the sister of Mrs Pattison, told the inquest she was still trying to forgive Mr Pattison.

“I can only speak for myself when I say that I am trying to forgive you,” she said.

Ms Kirk added: “I can only imagine that you were in an extraordinary hell of your own.”

Deborah Kirk, the sister of Mrs Pattison, told the inquest she was still trying to forgive Mr Pattison.

“I can only speak for myself when I say that I am trying to forgive you,” she said.

Ms Kirk added: “I can only imagine that you were in an extraordinary hell of your own.”
I saw this. Incredibly sad.

When renewing his shotgun licence in 2022, Mr Pattison said he had not been treated for or diagnosed with anxiety. In fact, he was prescribed “a significant amount” of propranolol by an online doctor between 2019 and 2021 to assist with symptoms of the condition.

People can get medication from online doctors without notifying their GP, which a coroner said could see authorities issue licences based on partial information.

When renewing his shotgun licence in 2022, Mr Pattison said he had not been treated for or diagnosed with anxiety. In fact, he was prescribed “a significant amount” of propranolol by an online doctor between 2019 and 2021 to assist with symptoms of the condition.

People can get medication from online doctors without notifying their GP, which a coroner said could see authorities issue licences based on partial information.
A script for propranolol isn't going to trigger anything. It's first and foremost a heart medication that is also prescribed for other things, including anxiety. I take it for migraine prevention.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back