Found Deceased UK - Frankie Morris, 18, bike found Pentir Bangor, North Wales, 2 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The search for a teenage boy who disappeared more than two weeks ago remains concentrated on Pentir and the surrounding hamlets.

A major police search has been ongoing near Bangor since 18-year-old Frantisek 'Frankie' Morris vanished on Sunday, May 2.

In recent days, the search has concentrated in Waen Wen, just over a mile from Pentir, with police seen operating yesterday (May 18) on Lon Bryn Gwredog which is currently closed.
0_The-search-for-Frantisek-Frankie-Morris-continues-with-police-closing-off-Lon-Bryn-Gwredog-in-Waen.jpg

Afon Cegin runs between the two villages, with streams adjacent to Frankie's last known location near the Vaynol Arms.

Police concentrate search area for missing teenager Frantisek 'Frankie' Morris

Yes you are right, friends (and ofcourse family) know more, one of them said so but ofcourse its not his liberty to say. Hopefully more will come out soon. Going back to Frankies CCTV at the pub he is walking with the bike but the bike is towards the road, so if he was hit after this i dont see how the bike can not be damaged in someway. Ofcourse Frankie could of moved to the other side of the road after the pub.

Yes you are right, friends (and ofcourse family) know more, one of them said so but ofcourse its not his liberty to say. Hopefully more will come out soon. Going back to Frankies CCTV at the pub he is walking with the bike but the bike is towards the road, so if he was hit after this i dont see how the bike can not be damaged in someway. Ofcourse Frankie could of moved to the other side of the road after the pub.
It is still possible that Frankie hid the bike himself before anything happened, this would explain the bike being damaged. Someone had commented on the Facebook group that it would not be unusual for Frankie to hide a bike and return to it.

It does seem a little odd though, to have pushed it that far with a puncture and only at that point decided to stash it. Particularly as he had friends in Caerhun who he would apparently call in with regularly, and which is only a 20 minute walk away from the bridge in the direction he was headed. If that was me, I would probably have stopped with them for a drink and to see whether I could mend the puncture there, or at least left my bike there as it would be much safer.

I have been following this case and there are quite a lot of things that seem off.

• It also seems odd that police are now concentrating their search in Waen Wen. If Frankie was heading home, there would be no reason for him to turn off towards Waen Wen. The turning for Waen Wen is 0.9 miles and a 17min walk from The Vaynol Arms according to Google Maps, and it is a right turn off the road which would take Frankie down to Bangor quickest. Frankie was said to have known the area, and had up to that point chosen the safest, most direct route for a pedestrian/cyclist.
  • In terms of timings, if Frankie did hide the bike himself you would need to add on time for that. Climbing over the wall, taking the time to hide it etc. It's also possible that he had actually pushed it a bit further before deciding to go back and hide the bike at that spot (seeing that there wasn't a better looking spot ahead?). It was a beautiful warm day, and the spot where the bike was found is very picturesque. He might even have stopped there for a rest/smoke. This could bring his timings quite a bit closer to the time of cars passing.
  • The blue car passing twice seems weird, if indeed it is definitely the same car. The road is narrow, and there aren't many places you could easily turn around within that time frame. Either at the cemetery car park before the bridge, or at the bridge itself. Someone here commented that the car might belong to the person who saw cyclists at the bridge, but surely the police wouldn't be asking for information about the car if that's the case (sorry if I've missed something there)?
  • I noticed that the police are appealing again for anyone who was at the rave to speak to them. This seems a bit weird if they are looking at an accidental hit and run? It would be quite a coincidence for someone who was at the rave to be driving on that road at that time of the day. The rave was a good 8 miles away and the road where Frankie's bike was found is a quiet back lane which is slower than the main roads.
It must be the case that the police know more than they have disclosed publicly for them to have got to the stage of arrests, I do hope that it's a lot more than we know and that they are able to find Frankie and understand what happened for the sake of his poor family.

It is still possible that Frankie hid the bike himself before anything happened, this would explain the bike being damaged. Someone had commented on the Facebook group that it would not be unusual for Frankie to hide a bike and return to it.

It does seem a little odd though, to have pushed it that far with a puncture and only at that point decided to stash it. Particularly as he had friends in Caerhun who he would apparently call in with regularly, and which is only a 20 minute walk away from the bridge in the direction he was headed. If that was me, I would probably have stopped with them for a drink and to see whether I could mend the puncture there, or at least left my bike there as it would be much safer.

I have been following this case and there are quite a lot of things that seem off.

• It also seems odd that police are now concentrating their search in Waen Wen. If Frankie was heading home, there would be no reason for him to turn off towards Waen Wen. The turning for Waen Wen is 0.9 miles and a 17min walk from The Vaynol Arms according to Google Maps, and it is a right turn off the road which would take Frankie down to Bangor quickest. Frankie was said to have known the area, and had up to that point chosen the safest, most direct route for a pedestrian/cyclist.
  • In terms of timings, if Frankie did hide the bike himself you would need to add on time for that. Climbing over the wall, taking the time to hide it etc. It's also possible that he had actually pushed it a bit further before deciding to go back and hide the bike at that spot (seeing that there wasn't a better looking spot ahead?). It was a beautiful warm day, and the spot where the bike was found is very picturesque. He might even have stopped there for a rest/smoke. This could bring his timings quite a bit closer to the time of cars passing.
  • The blue car passing twice seems weird, if indeed it is definitely the same car. The road is narrow, and there aren't many places you could easily turn around within that time frame. Either at the cemetery car park before the bridge, or at the bridge itself. Someone here commented that the car might belong to the person who saw cyclists at the bridge, but surely the police wouldn't be asking for information about the car if that's the case (sorry if I've missed something there)?
  • I noticed that the police are appealing again for anyone who was at the rave to speak to them. This seems a bit weird if they are looking at an accidental hit and run? It would be quite a coincidence for someone who was at the rave to be driving on that road at that time of the day. The rave was a good 8 miles away and the road where Frankie's bike was found is a quiet back lane which is slower than the main roads.
It must be the case that the police know more than they have disclosed publicly for them to have got to the stage of arrests, I do hope that it's a lot more than we know and that they are able to find Frankie and understand what happened for the sake of his poor family.

Good points.

About your point relating to Waen Wen and the rave, I’ve seen posts on FB from rave attendees saying that the last people left on Tuesday. With that in mind, it does seem likely that drivers from the rave might take the back roads to Bangor as it’s quieter with less chance of being stopped by the police (may not be driving under the influence but likely to have equipment pertaining to an illegal event and drugs).

The only scenarios which make sense to me are:
  1. Someone stopped and offered Frankie a lift, probably driving from the rave. This was a large car or van which already had a bike in, so one or more passengers gets out and takes out his bike to try to rearrange things to fit everything in. The driver pulls into the side road so he’s not blocking the road, and AO only sees boys with bikes in the road, including Frankie and his. They can’t make all the bikes fit so Frankie stashes his by the bridge then accepts the lift. Then something happens elsewhere, maybe a drug overdose and cover up as Frankie’s mother suggested early on.
  2. AO is involved. She and her husband invented the boys on bikes story because they accidentally hit Frankie, and then saw the young male cyclist who has since been eliminated from the investigation. They pulled Frankie’s body into the car (a blue one that looks like the blue Yaris that turns around) and later hid it in the stream at Waen Wen. AO has stated that her husband was searching around Waen Wen and Tyn y Ffridd farm days before the police search focused there. That gives the husband an alibi for his DNA or traces being there. They live very locally and either hid the bike at the time or later.
  3. A hit-and-run by one of the drivers pictured who could be from the rave or not, either after Frankie stashed his bike or not. More likely to be a local if speeding down a back road. Doesn’t solve the mystery of the lads on bikes though, or why someone wouldn’t just call the police.
Frankly it’s bizarre that there’s still up to 13 drivers that haven’t been identified. I suspect they actually have, but one is involved, and the police are trying to make them panic whilst under surveillance and reveal the location of the body or lull them into a false sense of security. Police are publicly focusing on Waen Wen to make those responsible for his disappearance think that they can return to the body / scene without being watched.

Last edited:
N

No names have been released yet though, which seems unusual? If the one person still in custody isn’t charged today or tomorrow, will he remain nameless and be released too?
The name won’t be released unless a charge is levied because their safety may be compromised if people just go off rumours , just incase it’s not believed that they are responsible hence the lack of charge if that makes sense?

The name won’t be released unless a charge is levied because their safety may be compromised if people just go off rumours , just incase it’s not believed that they are responsible hence the lack of charge if that makes sense?

Yes totally, makes sense. In a lot of other cases the names are revealed on social media or tabloids which doesn’t seem to be the case here at all. As it’s such a tight knit rural community, I do wonder if the locals have their suspects, but are keeping quiet online (which is good for future trials). I had a look on the FB group but it’s mostly well-meaning enthusiasts who’ve never met him and don’t live locally.

It’s unusual that the police didn’t release the ages of those arrested, isn’t it?

Yes totally, makes sense. In a lot of other cases the names are revealed on social media or tabloids which doesn’t seem to be the case here at all. As it’s such a tight knit rural community, I do wonder if the locals have their suspects, but are keeping quiet online (which is good for future trials). I had a look on the FB group but it’s mostly well-meaning enthusiasts who’ve never met him and don’t live locally.

It’s unusual that the police didn’t release the ages of those arrested, isn’t it?
If you look at the Kayleigh Weston thread which could be similar type of disappearance, 3 arrested there yesterday and there ages are named.

Long time lurker, 1st post!

hi all,

this is right on the doorstep of where I grew up. My folks still live in Caerhun. I’ve long since moved but was back that weekend to visit with the kids.

I snuck out on the Sunday morning on my bike to ride up Moel Y Ci, past the bridge and up through Pentir.

the lanes round that way are crazy at times. People bomb it round . I’d been known to do an odd Colin McRae style late night razz, you can see headlights coming so a bit safer. Unless there’s a Walker etc, with no lights.
My folks have had the police round 3 times and told me to expect a call, nothing so far.

Hope it all works out

Long time lurker, 1st post!

hi all,

this is right on the doorstep of where I grew up. My folks still live in Caerhun. I’ve long since moved but was back that weekend to visit with the kids.

I snuck out on the Sunday morning on my bike to ride up Moel Y Ci, past the bridge and up through Pentir.

the lanes round that way are crazy at times. People bomb it round . I’d been known to do an odd Colin McRae style late night razz, you can see headlights coming so a bit safer. Unless there’s a Walker etc, with no lights.
My folks have had the police round 3 times and told me to expect a call, nothing so far.

Hope it all works out

Thanks for the local insight!

Someone else on FB commented early on that they had a friend who’d been left with head injuries after a hit and run in the area, who’d never been identified.

I also think it’s likely that some blood was found at the scene, despite rain, for the police to go straight to death by dangerous driving rather than kidnapping or something.

The only thing I don’t get is that according to the CCTV, there were cars going through every few minutes. Why wouldn’t the driver just leave him there? Especially if there’s been unsolved hit and runs there before?

Good points.

About your point relating to Waen Wen and the rave, I’ve seen posts on FB from rave attendees saying that the last people left on Tuesday. I wonder how close that timing was to police beginning to search the rave site after Frankie was reported missing? With that in mind, it does seem likely that drivers from the rave might take the back roads to Bangor as it’s quieter with less chance of being stopped by the police (may not be driving under the influence but likely to have equipment pertaining to an illegal event and drugs).

The only scenarios which make sense to me are:
  1. Someone stopped and offered Frankie a lift, probably driving from the rave. This was a large car or van which already had a bike in, so one or more passengers gets out and takes out his bike to try to rearrange things to fit everything in. The driver pulls into the side road so he’s not blocking the road, and AO only sees boys with bikes in the road, including Frankie and his. They can’t make all the bikes fit so Frankie stashes his by the bridge then accepts the lift. Then something happens elsewhere, maybe a drug overdose and cover up as Frankie’s mother suggested early on.
  2. AO is involved. She and her husband invented the boys on bikes story because they accidentally hit Frankie, and then saw the young male cyclist who has since been eliminated from the investigation. They pulled Frankie’s body into the car (a blue one that looks like the blue Yaris that turns around) and later hid it in the stream at Waen Wen. AO has stated that her husband was searching around Waen Wen and Tyn y Ffridd farm days before the police search focused there. That gives the husband an alibi for his DNA or traces being there. They live very locally and either hid the bike at the time or later.
  3. A hit-and-run by one of the drivers pictured who could be from the rave or not, either after Frankie stashed his bike or not. More likely to be a local if speeding down a back road. Doesn’t solve the mystery of the lads on bikes though, or why someone wouldn’t just call the police.
Frankly it’s bizarre that there’s still up to 13 drivers that haven’t been identified. I suspect they actually have, but one is involved, and the police are trying to make them panic whilst under surveillance and reveal the location of the body or lull them into a false sense of security. Police are publicly focusing on Waen Wen to make those responsible for his disappearance think that they can return to the body / scene without being watched.

Interesting ideas there. There are so many seemingly unanswered questions on this.

• Police do not appear to have traced the 3(?) young cyclists reported by AO as being at the bridge at 1:40. Given that no CCTV from the Vaynol Arms has been released showing them, I am assuming that they are not caught on it. This means that there are only two ways they could have gone - towards Caerhun or through the Pentir substation forest, where I note from the Facebook group that there was a property which purported to have CCTV pointing onto the road (although it is very possible that this is for show purposes as a deterrent and not functioning as seems to be common). Given the publicity and the fact that this is a small community, it seems odd that this doesn't seem to have gone any further. I think AO described the cyclists as looking between 12-18 years old. At the younger end of that spectrum, it seems likely that their parents would have an idea that they were out cycling and of the general area and time?
  • 13 cars still unidentified. I agree with your comment Mersault that this seems bizarre at this stage. Especially as most of the road users are likely to be very local, it is not a densely populated area and two of the vehicles (the silver one with the small trailer and the red pick up style vehicle) look quite distinctive. I thought your comment that perhaps they have in fact been id'd by now but that this is a strategic move by the police was quite interesting.
  • Re AO- she had mentioned in the FB group that she had contacted the police, so I would expect her vehicle to have been ruled out and not included in the pictures of 13 vehicles. Given the significance of her comments (being in the right area at the relevant time, seeing something potentially material) - would the police have followed this up with her even if she hadn't actually contacted them herself as she reported? Thinking here of Jon77's comment about his parents having had three visits from the police- it does seem they are being quite thorough and I would expect them to be monitoring the FB group. I did also notice though as I think someone mentioned above, that the area the police are now focusing the search according to local newspapers is the same area AO's partner had previously searched. Then again, if they had heightened concerns about this area perhaps they would have focused on it first.
  • Interesting observation about the last people having left the rave on Tuesday, Mersault. I had not spotted that. People being more likely to use back roads leaving there is a good point too. I would be interested to know how many people were still there at the point when Frankie left. I recall reading a post in the FB group somewhere quite early on about there being people at the rave who didn't like him, which struck me as a bit sinister but which wasn't mentioned again. I do wonder whether we are missing some connection to the rave, particularly as the police still seem keen to speak to people who were there.
  • I would be very interested to know what lead to the arrests, and to the police continuing to search the same area (when presumably any driver involved in a hit and run could have taken Frankie elsewhere).

Last edited:
Some might call it 'artwork', others just horrible graffiti! I know a guy who does this professionally, his works sell for 6 figures!

The 18 year-old from Landegfan on Anglesey, has been missing since 2 May when he was last seen on CCTV images near the Vaynol Arms in Pentir.

The teenager is known for his graffiti, with his signature “Crazy” tag visible around Bangor and parts of Anglesey.

Alex Hugo Hughes, who suggested the idea of the graffiti being preserved, posted on Facebook saying: “Would like to say that the graffiti Frankie has scattered around the area to be kept where they are, there’s a big ‘Crazy’ tag by Bangor bus stops (on the former Deiniol Road Post Office) and I recon it would be really good if the council left it untouched.

“I think some or all should be untouched, if you look at other cities around they are filled with graffiti art, he did this and it was creativity!”

Friends of missing Frankie Morris call for his graffiti to be preserved

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210520-153844_Firefox-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210520-153844_Firefox-01.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 74
Some might call it 'artwork', others just horrible graffiti! I know a guy who does this professionally, his works sell for 6 figures!

The 18 year-old from Landegfan on Anglesey, has been missing since 2 May when he was last seen on CCTV images near the Vaynol Arms in Pentir.

The teenager is known for his graffiti, with his signature “Crazy” tag visible around Bangor and parts of Anglesey.

Alex Hugo Hughes, who suggested the idea of the graffiti being preserved, posted on Facebook saying: “Would like to say that the graffiti Frankie has scattered around the area to be kept where they are, there’s a big ‘Crazy’ tag by Bangor bus stops (on the former Deiniol Road Post Office) and I recon it would be really good if the council left it untouched.

“I think some or all should be untouched, if you look at other cities around they are filled with graffiti art, he did this and it was creativity!”

Friends of missing Frankie Morris call for his graffiti to be preserved

I think it's a nice gesture. Does this mean they are sure he has passed? BTW I have seen some wonderful graffiti art...in Amsterdam for instance....making the gray and ugly parts of the city very interesting, like an art gallery. If you just spray paint your name or signature on a metro or everywhere else ....I think people can see that as a nuisance. It's very personal what we consider art or just rubbish. For me the surroundings he went missing from seems so beautiful, small villages, lot's of nature....peaceful in a kind of way....maybe graffiti would be totally out of place....not adding anything....I don't know. Maybe a local could reflect on that.

Last edited:
I think it is a given he is no longer alive.

I think there’s a very slim possibility that he’s alive.

Let’s be honest, his graffiti is pretty bad and out of place in the town, but it’s a nice thought from his friends. The FB group seems to be 95% well-meaning people who haven’t met him and don’t live locally but I’m sure would strongly support a petition to keep his tags in place.

I do wonder if he’s made some enemies in town.

I think there’s a very slim possibility that he’s alive.

Let’s be honest, his graffiti is pretty bad and out of place in the town, but it’s a nice thought from his friends. The FB group seems to be 95% well-meaning people who haven’t met him and don’t live locally but I’m sure would strongly support a petition to keep his tags in place.

I do wonder if he’s made some enemies in town.

I go along.....see my posts #94 and #96

Friends of a missing teenager from Anglesey say they want his graffiti tags to be preserved.

Frantisek "Frankie" Morris, 18, was last seen near the Vaynol Arms in Gwynedd on 2 May, a day after going to a rave at a disused quarry.

His friends say leaving his "crazy" tags at different locations in Bangor and Anglesey would provide "a little piece of Frankie" for his loved ones.

Bangor council said it would be up the owners of the daubed buildings.

But mayor Owen Hurcum added the council was open to discussing the matter.

Missing teen's graffiti 'should be preserved' - BBC News

It is now three weeks since Frankie went missing, and there are no further updates.
I think this case has a real risk of going cold. I can only hope that the police know significantly more than has been made public, but going off the family's comments in the fb group, I'm not sure. I also noticed a comment today saying that the police presence is gone from the Pentir area.

Frankie's socials, in case it is of any help:
www.instagram.com/dishwaste
www.facebook.com/frankie.morris.5811
www.facebook.com/ferry.mourcis.7

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members