GUILTY UK - Fusilier Lee Rigby, 25, brutally murdered, Woolwich, 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Three fresh arrests over London murder.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/three-fresh-arrests-over-london-murder-20130526-2n4fy.html

Three men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder the British soldier hacked to death in a London street by two Islamists.
Two men aged 24 and 28 were arrested at a residential address in southeast London while a 21-year-old man was arrested in the street around 1.5 kilometres from the murder scene, Scotland Yard police headquarters said in a statement on Saturday.
Taser guns were used on the 28-year-old and the 21-year-old, though neither needed hospital treatment.

Meanwhile a 29-year-old man arrested on Thursday on suspicion of conspiracy to murder has been bailed to return to a police station pending further enquiries.
Michael Adebolajo, 28, and 22-year-old Michael Adebowale remain in a stable condition after being shot by police at the scene of the grisly killing.
They have both been arrested on suspicion of murder and are under armed guard in separate hospitals.

Well, I am going to sit on my hands...a fabulous young man who had a lot to offer was slaughtered by ?lowlifes? for ?WHAT?

The other terrorist beheading plots mentioned in the article targeted "Muslim Solders".

They didn't mention but was Rigby Muslim or was his Mom from a Muslim country?

Good post, Amber.

As for how they knew Lee was a soldier, I assumed they followed him out from the army base nearby.
The counter terrorism unit here do do a great job. You can't stop every single plan forever so obviously there will be the odd one that slips the net.

I think you're right Sarahlou. I'm sure I read in one of the papers that they thought the murderers had spent the past week driving round near the army base looking for potential victims to follow

The other terrorist beheading plots mentioned in the article targeted "Muslim Solders".

No. I've not seen any religion mentioned in regards to them. I think these guys just wanted any soldier they could find.

Hear hear. No need to feel 'sorry' for us Brits, because we 'can't defend ourselves in our own homes' as an earlier post to this thread put it.

The gun debate just doesn't cross the Atlantic. Different countries, different cultures entirely. It just doesn't figure on our radar at all. We've never had them and we don't miss them, but in America it's totally different and I know the gun debate inspires great argument and passion amongst Americans.

However, with the greatest respect, it's best to leave the Brits out of the argument altogether. It's something you can't compare or debate - what goes on in the US is none of our business, and vice versa.

b b m
That's not true. Otherwise we American's wouldn't read and follow UK news and you Brits wouldn't be here posting. ;)

Sonya, I think that what he was talking about were soldiers who fought against muslims. Not sure, but that's how I read it.

Poor grammar and communication skills, I guess.

Best-
Herding Cats

No he wasn't, and I doubt these two would have known anything about him anyway. Most likely they just saw him come out of the nearby army barracks, followed him down the road a bit and attacked him.

More thoughtful social commentary from Russell Brand. Say what you want about his comedic talents, but the man is a fierce essayist and commentator.....in addition to his brilliant piece on the death of Amy Winehouse, and his testimony in Parliament regarding the UK drug policy, now he shares his thoughts about the tragic murder in Woolwich.....

The news cycle moves so quickly now that often we learn of an event through other people's reaction to it. So it was when I arrived in Los Angeles to find my Twitter feed contorted with posts of fear and confusion.(More at link)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/rus...tml?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

More thoughtful social commentary from Russell Brand. Say what you want about his comedic talents, but the man is a fierce essayist and commentator.....in addition to his brilliant piece on the death of Amy Winehouse, and his testimony in Parliament regarding the UK drug policy, now he shares his thoughts about the tragic murder in Woolwich.....

The news cycle moves so quickly now that often we learn of an event through other people's reaction to it. So it was when I arrived in Los Angeles to find my Twitter feed contorted with posts of fear and confusion.(More at link)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/russ...=Entertainment

I am glad I live in a place where the majority do have weapons and if they saw something like that happening in the street one could count on the majority to step up and put a stop to the carnage,
I'm glad I live in a country where my kids go out to the cinema, or school, and don't get shot by a nut who owns a weapon.

See how that sweeping generalisation thing works?

Agree. The EDL and UAF are just like football hooligans looking for any excuse for a ruckus with the opposing "team". The less attention they get the better.

It did make me laugh, but yea, some people just like a good riot

Both right- and left-wing protests were far outnumbered by a separate demonstration near Parliament, led by Queen guitarist Brian May, against the culling of badgers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...World-TopStories+(News+-+World+-+Top+Stories)

and that is the way it should be JMO MOO

I was at the London counter-protest. Yes there were scuffles. Please notice that the Daily Fail link shows the same group from several angles. On any other Saturday the same group would most likely be fighting over football. Some of them just look for a kick-up at the first opportunity. I'm just shy of fifty. I was in a wheelchair (with my kids and my lovely Muslim neighbour) and didn't feel threatened at all. I was pleasantly surprised that, even after high-jacking a major tragedy, the EDL and BNP were outnumbered by both us and the alternative political march against the badger cull. Sorry to disappoint those who are awaiting a race war in the UK, but the racists hijacking our country's good name for their own ends still can't rustle up the numbers that the National Front could turn out in the late 70's. I was just a teenage protester then, but I'll protest these racist hate-mongers with my last breath.

969801_10151411768856854_1576012820_n.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC