UK - Gaia Pope, 19, found deceased, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so saddened to hear that her body has been found an that it also appears thAt no one else was involved per the PM - I hope toxicology proves otherwise - I've been following this case since last week an somehow keep missing the link with the court documents from the assault - can someone please send the link for that again ?

I'm having a hard time believing that this was somehow without involving someone else yanno ? Jus seems too bizarre to NOT have anyone else

My heart goes out to all her family during this time as well as in the future

The posts with the link to the assault case have been removed by mods AFAIK.

The posts with the link to the assault case have been removed by mods AFAIK.
Probably because I think it is illegal to name a minor in a sexual assault case and a link to the case in a thread about Gaia would be naming her in the case.

I'm still with murder (or manslaughter).

Too much to ignore.

1. The shouting and screaming.
2. The sliding to the floor.
3. The "she responded" comment.
4. The unconvincing "just seems to have disappeared" and all the other surprising things said which indicate sensitivity.
5. Leaving her coat behind. Even if she was hot, it doesn't make sense to leave your coat behind - you will need it later on wherever you're going so you carry it.
6. Presumably there was someone in at the house it was claimed she was going to, because it was said she didn't call there.
7. No medical emergency reported if she looked to be at risk.
8. A car offered to police for checking, suggesting another car was used.
9. The field where the clothes were found being at the end of a vehicle track.
10. Teenager not being with her phone.
11. A person sought by police going missing right before clothing and then body turns up.
12. Not all murders leave traces on the body, particularly where animal activity and decomposition is likely to have occurred.
13. If hypothermia had set in, she managed to get quite a distance from her clothes with some obstacles to overcome, given that symptoms include lethargy.
14. If dogs didn't indicate in the flat, I can't see why the house was ripped apart.

Honestly nothing in the list really sticks out or can't be explained innocently, Tortoise.

Has the family member said how Gaia being dropped off in the car (in Kings Road West?) came about and how Gaia seemed at that point? If this comes under not known then I do wonder why.

I'm still with murder.

Too much to ignore.

1. The shouting and screaming.
2. The sliding to the floor.
3. The "she responded" comment.
4. The unconvincing "just seems to have disappeared" and all the other surprising things said which indicate sensitivity.
5. Leaving her coat behind. Even if she was hot, it doesn't make sense to leave your coat behind - you will need it later on wherever you're going so you carry it.
6. Presumably there was someone in at the house it was claimed she was going to, because it was said she didn't call there.
7. No medical emergency reported if she looked to be at risk.
8. A car offered to police for checking, suggesting another car was used.
9. The field where the clothes were found being at the end of a vehicle track.
10. Teenager not being with her phone.
11. A person sought by police going missing right before clothing and then body turns up.
12. Not all murders leave traces on the body, particularly where animal activity and decomposition is likely to have occurred.
13. If hypothermia had set in, she managed to get quite a distance from her clothes with some obstacles to overcome, given that symptoms include lethargy.
14. If dogs didn't indicate in the flat, I can't see why the house was ripped apart.

With respect Tortoise- I am still with death by misadventure as I can find a logical reasoning why all your points COULD be explained.

1. She was highly stressed and a young girl- my personal experience with teens- I have one- they are vocal.
2. I have slid to the floor when overwhelmed and unfortunately get that
3. A bit strange wording- but she was very protective over not divulging a lot of what was said to 'protect' Gaia- knew her well- evasive yes- understandable- yes?
4. I can see myself saying that or using that expression- I ask myself do we read too much into words chosen by someone who we don't know their normal vocab? Please do disagree- playing devils advocate
5. In her state of mind- last thing she is thinking about is her coat or in 4 hours time
6. Yes I get that impression as well. But in the state of agitation she was- anything could have caused her to not call there- something as simple as another person being at the door and not wanting to be seen upset or crying or anything really.
7. Did RD realise she was 'at risk' or know enough about her med condition? Sometimes you don't want to 'cause a fuss' and call the family and say 'look she was here and upset'?
8. Sorry- I am not sure what you are referring to so would not be fair to dispute that?
9. I get that yes- But if she ran the roads and this field is a place she was aiming to get to as she would sometimes go there- is it not a destination point and the end of the road she was wanting to travel at the time?
10. Left it behind before she went to RD's- thought the police were monitoring it as per instagram? Was charging at that location and left? FB activity upset her and she ran to talk it through with someone and didn't grab it as one focus?
11. Yeah dodgy ('hinky' for our American friends) but- not defending BUT- he was taken in- local tensions running high- looks dodgy as anything- private person- not on social media for instance- genuine concern for safety or media hounding?
12. Completely true. But if you leave a body- and water nearby?
13. We do not know that it was hypothermia- and it is about 500m? Correct me if I am wrong. It is possible. There was a case of a couple who got lost in a winter storm and died from hypothermia who travelled quite a distance.
14. Ok me neither. Completely.

Honestly just sparking a debate and in no way are my thoughts any less valid than yours at all- I'm just trying to see both sides of the argument. Hope you don't mind.

It's not that things in the list can't have an innocent explanation too. It's the presence of all of them in a situation that is perturbing. In a death where Gaia goes off and has a medical emergency I wouldn't expect to find so much that looks to be suspicious.

Thanks for your reply Foxymona, I wasn't really coming at it on a one by one basis. If there was just two or three on the list (and there are other things I've left out just because the persons arrested might be released from investigation so I don't want to be more specific than I have been) I would likely write them off as unlucky or just strange in the circumstances, rather than persisting with my suspicions.

Foxy
to answer your points 7 and 8

RD apparently did call DE and DE then called Gaia's family to advise them re Gaia - what exactly was said we dont know of course. Did they say she was a bit upset, did they say she seemed ill ?
What we dont know is the time of these calls - but then we dont actually know any timings after 3.40pm when we see Gaia on that cctv clip. Timings after that are provided by RD, they may be completely accurate, they may not.

8. PE offered his car to the police straight away when they went to speak to him ( this is in the day or days after Gaia went missing ). If he was involved in any way with Gaia's disappearance, then to provide his car to be searched/checked would imply that another car was used.

I agree, Foxymona, there's very little that can't be explained by the circumstances.

A young person who is seriously mentally disturbed, subject to fits/seizures, possibly missing vital medication, possibly other drugs involved.

I don't see much value in analysing Mrs D's comments. Not everyone is super articulate (I often come out with things that afterwards make me think "I wish I'd said this instead of that") and she had genuine reasons not to be too explicit with the media.

As for PE, he may well have not wanted to get involved, lots of people don't like the police. Perhaps the finding of the clothes persuaded him that it was serious and he needed to cooperate even just for elimination purposes.

The house being "ripped apart" ? I don't know how far that's true, but it's pretty routine to do a search, and sink traps and drains are examined. Doesn't mean they found anything.

Looks like a sad case of misadventure to me.

thats a hard mix of prescription drugs.....how do you get that right? (schizophrenia and epilepsy)

add in in rec drugs, maybe? thats a big accident waiting to happen.

First I want to say we don't all have to agree. We all bring something of value to the table here.

I just wanted to add that Statement Analysis doesn't really deal with a person's standard of articulation. It is a tool that deals with many things like stuttering over pronouns, switching pronouns, the insertion of unnecessary words, diversions, avoidance of questions, in their own vocabulary, breaking certain universal rules of truthful speech. Rules isn't a good word but it's close to what I'm trying to say.

Re the poll, I wonder if we can have an additional one pending tox report. E.g. misadventure/drug misuse. Her symptoms do remind me of some of the reactions to these so called legal high type drugs.

Removing clothing is something that people with hypothermia do, but people with hypothermia don't jump off cliffs.
Where's the evidence she jumped off a cliff? Police state no visible injuries in the PM.

the sectioned off areas ... do those lines indicate fences or property lines? are those fields that people grow grains or keep animals in?

tH9c.png

Posts purporting to be inside knowledge have been removed.

If you can't link it, don't post it or hint at it.

Thank you.

the sectioned off areas ... do those lines indicate fences or property lines? are those fields that people grow grains or keep animals in?
They are dry stone walls. Most of that area is used for keeping sheep and cattle. The ground is too stony from centuries of quarrying to grow crops in a lot of those fields.

It's not that things in the list can't have an innocent explanation too. It's the presence of all of them in a situation tihat is perturbing. In a death where Gaia goes off and has a medical emergency I wouldn't expect to find so much that looks to be suspicious.

Thanks for your reply Foxymona, I wasn't really coming at it on a one by one basis. If there was just two or three on the list (and there are other things I've left out just because the persons arrested might be released from investigation so I don't want to be more specific than I have been) I would likely write them off as unlucky or just strange in the circumstances, rather than persisting with my suspicions.

This is what's making me keep questioning accident/illness. Like you say, its not that all the points can be explained a different way, its the fact that there is so many points in the first place
If it turns out to be accidental or misadventure, its amazing that all them things on your list could occur innocently. I think the police might have felt like that too with how they conducted the investigation.
One point I will make is, the daily mail as made things seem worse. It sensationalized everything IMO.

#**rumbling around in my head right now ***

Per reports-
No apparent cause of death/no injuries found that were caused by someone else.
Waiting on toxicology...

A- accidental
1- OD
a- accidently
b- med interaction
c- Suicide (self inflicted note written)
d- staged scene

2- fatal seizure (due to no meds)

3- sudden death (unrelated to her epilepsy)
a- cardiac -arrythmia
b- hypothermia

B: animal attack
C: allergic reaction
D: choking
-If she died the day she disappeared why did the clothes end up there later?
(hadn't that area been searched?)
-did she remove her own clothing?
-why was there clothing found that she wasn't wearing previously?
(blue shirt)
-was her body moved after death?

-where is the red and black shirt?

-Did she also leave her shirt at RD's house?

-which family member did she run from after getting ice cream?

-who called and spoke to
the mom.
-was 101 ever called?

-who's car did she get into to avoid street cameras?
-where was she between leaving RD and ending up in the field?
-who dropped her off at the location where she was found? (she didn't walk anywhere else if we are to believe police)

HOW CAN SOMEONE ELSE NOT BE INVOLVED???

MOO

Death from SUDEP may not be able to be verified in PM toxicology

the sudden, unexpected, witnessed or unwitnessed, non-traumatic, and non-drowning death in patients with epilepsy with or without evidence for a seizure, and excluding documented status epilepticus, in which postmortem examination does not reveal a structural or toxicological cause for death.
This means that SUDEP is when someone is believed to have died during or after a seizure where no other cause of death can be found.

Adding to the good questions above: Did GP succumb quickly after arriving at the coastal field area or was it many hours later?

The 8C weather at 4-5pm is chilly but not life threateningly cold (even naked) and still 7C and 10pm then 4C at midnight - easily survivable temps until midnight at least unless other factors involved.

So GP was in the area of the field for a period of time, either alive and well or succumbing to some kind of medical episode for hours.

So why did GP go to the fields in the first place?

What was GP doing for hours either before or after clothes shedding if hypothermia was the cause of death?

What are the other factors in GPs death if it was more immediate - say 5-6pm?

Links for reference - cold survival

https://www.livescience.com/34128-limits-human-survival.html
"According to a 1958 NASA report, people can live indefinitely in environments that range between roughly 40 degrees F and 95 degrees F (4 and 35 degrees C)"
Also see this link - 8 hours in fridge in t-shirt and leggings and survived with stiff legs and a migraine."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-writes-help-message-in-ketchup-a6717206.html

I think we can rule out animal attack unless she was pricked to death by an irate hedgehog.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back