DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayleigh Haywood fits the bill I think?

Yep.

I wonder what evidence the police had early in that case...:thinking:

I can't remember if the arrests were made before Kayleigh's phone was found.

Coming at this from a different approach.
Can anyone else remember a missing person case (which this still is at this point) where the police have made arrests 'under suspicion of murder' so quickly after the person has gone missing and is still missing?

Maybe not the "so quickly" bit, but there must have been half a dozen arrests on suspicion of the murder of Claudia Lawrence, still missing 8 years later.

For our police it's a good way of questioning someone under duress while having full access to that persons house/car. Take the Missy Bevers case as an example, I can think of several homes that could have done with a thorough search in the early days and UK police would have been able to do that. Now, 18 months on, any evidence will be long gone because while the police might well have been very suspicious they can't simply arrest like our forces can.

If someone was trying to make it look like a suicide, I really don't understand why they'd plant the shoes. It'd be very odd for GP to remove her trainers if running cross-country in the dark and rain.

Not if it was hypothermia. She may have removed all of her clothing in that situation. Shannon Gilbert's clothes and everything else were scattered all over that marsh. (Not that I believe that's what happened to Shannon, but LE sure do).

Maybe not the "so quickly" bit, but there must have been half a dozen arrests on suspicion of the murder of Claudia Lawrence, still missing 8 years later.

For our police it's a good way of questioning someone under duress while having full access to that persons house/car. Take the Missy Bevers case as an example, I can think of several homes that could have done with a thorough search in the early days and UK police would have been able to do that. Now, 18 months on, any evidence will be long gone because while the police might well have been very suspicious they can't simply arrest like our forces can.

Claudia Lawrence was the first one that jumped to my mind as well.

Scattergun approach.

I'm pretty sure this is where the dash cam footage is from, the sign next to the car seems pretty low.

attachment.php

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.6...343.37714&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/final-footage-gaia-pope-before-11535113

SPOT ON in my opinion.... and someone driving around looking for her asking a member of public to be vigilant IMO.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4935974/gaia-pope-latest-missing-rosemary-dinch-nathan-elsey-arrest/

Contains first picture of PE. Also, GE saying "He will come back here and then I will have all three of them."... wonder where DE is? without her car.

But would PE (who must have done the planting?) really be confident he could remove all traces of his own DNA and blood from the clothes? Surely it's risky... And surely most people who commit suicide do it fully clothed? Scattering perhaps one item which is easily removed would make more sense.
She was in their flat, so I suppose they will argue any evidence got on her clothes by transference. I don't think this will be a sexual assault case, if RD was in the flat. I think it's more likely to be a case of physical assault, like a punch that knocked her down, or strangulation. Admittedly it's all just pieced together from what we know, there is a lot we don't know.

Not if it was hypothermia. She may have removed all of her clothing in that situation. Shannon Gilbert's clothes and everything else were scattered all over that marsh. (Not that I believe that's what happened to Shannon, but LE sure do).

Yep. From WIKI: In mild hypothermia there is shivering and mental confusion. In moderate hypothermia shivering stops and confusion increases. In severe hypothermia, there may be paradoxical undressing, in which a person removes his or her clothing, as well as an increased risk of the heart stopping.

While hypothermia would make sense in some ways, didn't someone confirm the clothes hadn't been there on a previous search?

We need a charge or release, it's all up in the air until then really.
:waiting:

Good point re: GE. And now he's saying GP's family are bad news, PE didn't want anything to do with her etc...

I think you could be right re: the seizure, but I struggle to imagine the logical next step would be to hide her body - they would have known she was ill, so it wouldn't be necessary. Wouldn't be surprised if that comes out as a defence story though.

Would RD really be composed enough to go along with all this, and lie convincingly to the media and the police?

JMO but I dont think she was convincing at all

Apparently 3 vehicles have been seized - PE's VW Golf & DE's car - so what is this THIRD VEHICLE?

"On Monday 13 November 2017 search warrants were carried out at two addresses in Swanage and searches there remain ongoing. As part of our investigations, three vehicles have been seized."

https://www.dorset.police.uk/news-information/article/4034#5a0dbdb4c306a

I wondered about that the other day and someone posted on here that they thought it might be GPs Aunt's car......
I was thinking more along the lines of it being a van or another car owned by PE - or perhaps the car of the mate who picked him up on the Tuesday afternoon from GPEs home ( Nov 14 )

Where's DE in all this? Her son, brother and mother have been accused of murder, her home's being searched, she apologised to RD's neighbours for a commotion and her father's all over the press, and she's an old friend of GP's family - she seems oddly quiet?

Possibly staying locally in Swanage with friends ( or in a local hotel ). She may not have wanted to move up to Romsey

She was in their flat, so I suppose they will argue any evidence got on her clothes by transference. I don't think this will be a sexual assault case, if RD was in the flat. I think it's more likely to be a case of physical assault, like a punch that knocked her down, or strangulation. Admittedly it's all just pieced together from what we know, there is a lot we don't know.

As neighbours said they heard an 'altercation' with Gaia and RD, perhaps PE intervened because he felt Gaia was abusing his frail elderly mother. I feel RD let 'slip' a few truths in her interview "slipped" "cuddled" "responded" I think the "pounding" demonstration was RD recalling Gaia "pounding" at ? and when ? tried to restrain her "she disappeared". I dont expect for one second that PE and RD ever dreamt it would become national news, probably thought that as she is known as a 'troubled teen' it would just be assumed that she left in an agitated state... I would imagine in these situation, sometimes you just have to run with the lie and it all gets out of hand.

Anyone got a timeline for PE's movements, I know he was supposedly in Weymouth on 7th, but in Swanage when RD / NE got nicked, then there was something about Southampton and a Tuesday?

RD says that GP was partially undressing while in RD's flat....she wasn't hypothermic at that point as she'd just had a run with her thick coat on.

Is it too much of a coincidence for her first to remove clothing due to being too hot (and warmly dressed) and hours later to remove clothing due to hypothermia? Granted she might have been wandering around or sitting outside for hours just in a shirt, it just feels too much of a coincidence to do the same thing twice in a few hours for completely different reasons.

Anyone got a timeline for PE's movements, I know he was supposedly in Weymouth on 7th, but in Swanage when RD / NE got nicked, then there was something about Southampton and a Tuesday?

Weymouth on the Tuesday Nov 7th as you say. Claims he could not have been at Manor Gardens due to credit card evidence ?
( could be on shaky ground there as the only person who claims GP departed Manor Gardens at 4pm is RD )

He was also, supposedly, at Manor Gardens on Monday November13th, when RD and NE got taken in - comment of neighbour who said NEs Uncle was shouting out it will all be ok or wtte.

He then apparently goes to stay with GPE in Romsey ( either that Monday night or the following day, Tuesday 14th ) and on that Tuesday afternoon he departs from GPEs home in a car with a mate - leaving behind his own car and his mobile phone - flat battery.

Next appearance is Thursday 16th, in Southampton - speaks with GPE and then they go to police.

RD says that GP was partially undressing while in RD's flat....she wasn't hyperthermic at that point as she'd just had a run with her thick coat on.

Is it too much of a coincidence for her first to remove clothing due to being too hot (and warmly dressed) and hours later to remove clothing due to hypothermia? Granted she might have been wandering around or sitting outside for hours just in a shirt, it just feels too much of a coincidence to do the same thing twice in a few hours for completely different reasons.

It wouldn't matter if she was hot earlier on the day. If her body temperature dropped significantly then hypothermia would set in.

Possibly staying locally in Swanage with friends ( or in a local hotel ). She may not have wanted to move up to Romsey
Thanks Alyce - I don't know why I thought GE was in Weymouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0