Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thing is so strange.
One thing keeps bothering me though - RD said 'I gave her a cuddle, and she responded'. It's an odd thing to say - 'she responded'. Responded how? It would make more sense to say 'I gave her a cuddle, and she seemed to cheer up', or 'I gave her a cuddle, and she stopped crying a bit', or 'I gave her a cuddle, and she said x y z'. But she responded? It makes me think GP was unresponsive because she was unconscious, but possibly 'came to' to some degree when RD tried to rouse her.
The wording just seems really off somehow.

She said:
'No she didn't have a seizure I'm pretty sure. And I'm just pleased because I gave her a cuddle [gets emotional] and she responded'.

She then looks down to her left while saying she has 'no idea' where she is.

What I take from that is, while with RD she didn't have a seizure, but she was unresponsive at some point during that time.

:welcome6: BrokenGothDoll

I think I saw an evidence bag with underwear in, but couldn't be sure what it was. Yes there is a clearer picture of the white trainer in that photo gallery too.

One thing keeps bothering me though - RD said 'I gave her a cuddle, and she responded'. It's an odd thing to say - 'she responded'. Responded how? It would make more sense to say 'I gave her a cuddle, and she seemed to cheer up', or 'I gave her a cuddle, and she stopped crying a bit', or 'I gave her a cuddle, and she said x y z'. But she responded? It makes me think GP was unresponsive because she was unconscious, but possibly 'came to' to some degree when RD tried to rouse her.

She said:
'No she didn't have a seizure I'm pretty sure. And I'm just pleased because I gave her a cuddle [gets emotional] and she responded'.

What I take from that is, while with RD she didn't have a seizure, but she was unresponsive at some point during that time.

Exactly what I think.... 'freudian slip'.

What has happened so far during the investigation into Gaia Pope's disappearance?

Tuesday, November 7
. 19-year-old Gaia Pope was reported missing by her family

Wednesday, November 8
. Gaia Pope'a family make an appeal to her to get in contact. "We are all frantic with worry Gaia and are desperate to know you are ok."

Thursday, November 9

. Police continue to carry out searches in the area. Dorset Police said: “We are concerned for Gaia’s welfare and are making every effort to try and locate her."

Friday, November 9
. Dorset Police make a renewed appeal to find the missing teenager, with an updated description of what she was wearing when she was last seen. She was said to be wearing a red checked shirt with white buttons, grey and white woven leggings and white trainers.
. They reveal the last reported sighting of Gaia was at an address in Manor Gardens on Morrison Road at around 4pm.

Saturday, November 10
. Cops released CCTV footage of Gaia Pope running down Morrison Road, Swanage, at 3.39pm on Tuesday, November 7.

Monday, November 13
. Search warrants took place at two addresses in Swanage.
. In an emotional interview Rosemary Dinch, 71, said that Gaia had banged on her door “very upset” on the day she disappeared.
. 90 minutes later, Rosemary is arrested on suspicion of murder alongside her 19-year-old grandson Nathan Elsey.

Tuesday, November 14
. The pensioner arrested on suspicion of murder is released under investigation.
. Later that day the 19-year-old is also released by police.
. Gaia Pope's family release another statement about the missing teen, emphasizing that the search for Gaia continues.

Wednesday, November 15
. Greg Elsey says Gaia turned up in a "distressed and agitated state" and started stripping at his ex-wife Rosemary's home on the day she disappeared.
. He also claims the pensioner "couldn't even murder a chicken" because she is terminally ill.
. Gaia's mum Natasha Pope claims her daughter may be "held against her will in a garage or back of a van".
. CCTV images emerge of Gaia Pope taken less than hour before she was last seen.
. She is seen buying an ice cream at 2.55pm when she stopped off for fuel with a family member at St Michael's Garage on Valley Road in Swanage.

Thursday, November 16
. At 10.28am, women's clothing is discovered in a field near Swanage by a member of the public.
. Gaia's father Richard Sutherland breaks down on TV as he vows to bring his daughter home.
. A 49-year-old man from Swanage is arrested on suspicion of murder. It is believed he was known to Gaia.
. Footage emerges of dashcam footage which appears to show Gaia leaning into a mystery car on the outskirts of her hometown, Langton Matravers, just before midnight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4935974/gaia-pope-latest-missing-rosemary-dinch-nathan-elsey-arrest/

She said:

BBM.

I agree, libramoon.

Although, at first, I read it as GP was talking, a lot, a speed and RD couldn't get GP to listen to her and she only "responded" or acknowledged her when she "gave her a cuddle."

Do we have any confirmation of the red shirt though? Who originally stated that’s what she was wearing?

He said: 'Paul's barrister has asked me not to make any further comment while he is in there.'We don't know when he might be out and they won't let anybody see him. I am hoping that he will be out this evening.
'He will come back here and then I will have all three of them.'
Mr Elsey added as he got into his car: 'We are going to see Rosemary's solicitors in Southampton.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5091871/Is-footage-Gaia-Pope.html#ixzz4yhWzPs4Z
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I don’t think GE mis-spoke, he distinguishes between two types of advocate, in comments made together.

I don’t think GE mis-spoke, he distinguishes between two types of advocate, in comments made together.

Legal aid would not be paying for a 'barrister' at this stage. I have the impression GE is funding. RD and NE would likely be eligible for legal aid pensioner/student.

To me, 'she responded' sounds rehearsed.

"OMG the media is here, what do I tell them?"
"Just tell them she was here all freaked out and you gave her a cuddle and she responded to it and then she left."

It's great to see so many new members joining this thread! :) Please take a moment to become familiar with WS's rules for posting:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

For example:
- To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a “fact,” you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders.

And especially those pertaining to social media:

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals

Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
Paraphrasing is okay.
Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc

Thank you and Welcome!

And bringing this one forward too.

:welcome: to all the new sleuthers! :greetings:

I found this interesting in a statement analysis way;

''The grandmother also emailed her estranged brother on Saturday to say: 'one of Nathan's friends from school has gone missing. We are all worried half to death''

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20171115/284232350740584

Half way to death? An odd choice of words, most people would just say 'worried to death', half way implies not completely worried about where she is...because maybe you have knowledge of the situation IMO.
It's also another incidence of getting in touch with estranged family. Maybe you do that if you are worried about something or feel you need extra sympathy/help but didn't want to contact them for years before.

I was thinking about the hypothermia scenario. I don't think this is very likely. It wasn't that cold and she already has a condition that could make her mentally confused /paranoid and feel sensations such as being too hot. Her family has said she was having fits most days, so she would be suffering from the effects before and after every day.

Mmm, that's what I thought. Maybe she was in the downstairs flat first with PE, and he was the one who let her in. Then something happened which she wasn't happy with. Maybe she was by that time dressed but without her top on. She ran upstairs to RD with her bra on for help, banging on the door in a frantic state and then RD opened the door. Maybe GP then had some accusation of some kind about PE, which she was shouting about and RD could have got into a heated debate about it. It was said she took her top off, they could say as they had tried to get her to put it back on this would explain any Dna later found.

''The grandmother also emailed her estranged brother on Saturday to say: 'one of Nathan's friends from school has gone missing. We are all worried half to death''

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20171115/284232350740584

Half way to death? An odd choice of words, most people would just say 'worried to death', half way implies not completely worried about where she is...

I'm from the area and don't think that's an unusual thing to say, it's just a colloquialism, like the 'talking broken biscuits' thing. It sounds like something an old person from Dorset would say.

That article says she's a local cook though - thought she was a terminally ill recluse?

To me, 'she responded' sounds rehearsed.

"OMG the media is here, what do I tell them?"
"Just tell them she was here all freaked out and you gave her a cuddle and she responded to it and then she left."

"responded" to me sounds like medical staff talking about someone in a coma....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member