Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from the area and don't think that's an unusual thing to say, it's just a colloquialism, like the 'talking broken biscuits' thing. It sounds like something an old person from Dorset would say.

That article says she's a local cook though - thought she was a terminally ill recluse?

Maybe it is just a colloquialism, not one I've heard very much up north. In statement analysis they work on the premise that bits of the truth are coming through the word choices though....so together with the 'falling back' or 'slumping' I think she said, it seems an interesting choice to me. Just my observation.

I've heard the saying 'worried half to death' before, but I did wonder if by the email she was hoping there would be some kind of paper trail that could indicate innocence.

Maybe it is just a colloquialism, not one I've heard very much up north. In statement analysis they work on the premise that bits of the truth are coming through the word choices though....so together with the 'falling back' or 'slumping' I think she said, it seems an interesting choice to me. Just my observation.

Yeah, she's of my grandparents' generation and I can imagine them using the phrases RD's used. They'd also say 'cuddle' over 'hug.'

'Responded' is weird though.

We don't know that he wasn't paraphrasing.

The father of a Paul Elsey, arrested over Gaia Pope’s disappearance, said last night his son ‘could not stand’ the missing teenager but was ‘110 percent innocent’. ‘He’s protested his innocence 110 percent and I have 110 percent belief that he will be released when they find out he has done nothing.’

But following the arrest, Mr Elsey said his son barely knew Gaia and would not hurt her.

According to his father, Paul Elsey claims he was in Weymouth, Dorset, on the day Gaia disappeared, carrying out work on a property he owns there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stand-Gaia-didn-t-kill-her.html#ixzz4yhf5ciHc

466D834D00000578-0-image-a-9_1510874252408.jpg

466B19BE00000578-5088961-image-a-47_1510844255869.jpg

I'm from the area and don't think that's an unusual thing to say, it's just a colloquialism, like the 'talking broken biscuits' thing. It sounds like something an old person from Dorset would say.

That article says she's a local cook though - thought she was a terminally ill recluse?

I agree re the colloquialism - different expressions for different parts of the country.

The one I hadn't heard before was she couldnt even murder a chicken

I would probably have said couldnt kill a fly

re the terminally ill comment - the only thing I have read is that RD has COPD - whilst it's not great,I didn't know it was classed as a terminal illness. Of course she may have all sorts of other problems that have not been reported.

The father of a Paul Elsey, arrested over Gaia Pope’s disappearance, said last night his son ‘could not stand’ the missing teenager but was ‘110 percent innocent’. ‘He’s protested his innocence 110 percent and I have 110 percent belief that he will be released when they find out he has done nothing.’

But following the arrest, Mr Elsey said his son barely knew Gaia and would not hurt her.

According to his father, Paul Elsey claims he was in Weymouth, Dorset, on the day Gaia disappeared, carrying out work on a property he owns there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stand-Gaia-didn-t-kill-her.html#ixzz4yhf5ciHc

RS+BBM.

Well, that's a motive for sure. & Changing the story following the arrest? He knew what he had said and tried to retract it imo. He's put the nails in his coffin imo.

I agree re the colloquialism - different expressions for different parts of the country.

The one I hadn't heard before was she couldnt even murder a chicken

I would probably have said couldnt kill a fly

re the terminally ill comment - the only thing I have read is that RD has COPD - whilst it's not great,I didn't know it was classed as a terminal illness. Of course she may have all sorts of other problems that have not been reported.
:D He said NE couldn't kill a fly, so he had to make up a new one.

There seems to be a lot of over-reading of quotations going on. People don't always speak in an entirely accurate way, and colloquialisms vary from place to place. Yet there seems to be a tendency for some people to analyse every word from a suspect/witness looking for clues, and come to some very dramatic conclusions based on what could be just a slip of the tongue or that person's particular way of speaking.

^ I think that's a bra in her hand (last pic)

Ah well, DE is not completely silent - article in the DM, majoring on NEs role in the movie !

Nathan's mother Debbie told Mail Online: 'He just said to Harry he was amazed how he coped with all the fame.

'They were filming in Swanage and there were lots of girls around.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...picion-murdering-Gaia-Pope.html#ixzz4yhjW2fNJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There seems to be a lot of over-reading of quotations going on. People don't always speak in an entirely accurate way, and colloquialisms vary from place to place. Yet there seems to be a tendency for some people to analyse every word from a suspect/witness looking for clues, and come to some very dramatic conclusions based on what could be just a slip of the tongue or that person's particular way of speaking.

Well that is how statement analysis works and she was arrested so she was at some point the focus of the investigation. I wouldn't say people are analysing every word, just the odd bits that stand out. I know it's subjective and not 100% proven - but it can be interesting all the same.

Well that is how statement analysis works and she was arrested so she was at some point the focus of the investigation. I wouldn't say people are analysing every word, just the odd bits that stand out. I know it's subjective and not 100% proven - but it can be interesting all the same.

:yeahthat: That's what we're here to do!

Ah well, DE is not completely silent - article in the DM, majoring on NEs role in the movie !

Nathan's mother Debbie told Mail Online: 'He just said to Harry he was amazed how he coped with all the fame.

'They were filming in Swanage and there were lots of girls around.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...picion-murdering-Gaia-Pope.html#ixzz4yhjW2fNJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Call me an old cynic, but it's almost as if they are utilising this as an advertisement for NE's future career . . .

Call me an old cynic, but it's almost as if they are utilising this as an advertisement for NE's future career . . .

I agree, SiSi... who is this case supposed to be about... Gaia, I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member