Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it more odd that they are allowing the public to help search for Gaia. Usually they prefer to keep public away if they know the victim is likely to be found dead.
The police have put a cordon around the fields either side of the area where the clothes were found. The people out searching are mainly looking from Dancing Ledge west to St Aldhelms Head and around Durlston country park.

There is about 10 miles of coastline to search so the police probably need all the help they can get. Plus if they tried to put a police officer on every access point to the cliffs they wouldn't have anyone left to search the area.

Definitely agree. Why would they do this? Because they still believe she could be alive and in hiding?
Haven't a clue. Cautious of saying anything until they get their lab results back?

Definitely agree. Why would they do this? Because they still believe she could be alive and in hiding?

In the case of Mikaeel Kular, it was because they were sure he'd not be found where the public were searching.

I suppose there's always the chance, however slim, that she's unconscious somewhere and in need of medical assistance. I would guess that until they're sure that they're looking for a body rather than a person that they'll take all the help they can get.

I was thinking along these lines earlier, but that'd mean she'd have to have disappeared naked without a phone. Seems pretty unlikely. Otherwise, she'd have had to go somewhere else (again, no phone to contact anyone and no sightings of her), get smuggled away, and get someone to give her other clothes to wear, help her get her away from the area and then return to plant the clothes. It's not impossible but it's be a logistical challenge, even more so for someone suffering paranoia, frequent severe seizures and a mental health breakdown. And anyone who could have been convinced to help would now be seeing people getting arrested for murder and her family going through hell, and would be facing criminal charges themselves...
If the dash cam footage is her then she was dropped off just down the road from her house in Langton. If nobody was home then she could have gone in, grabbed some old clothes from the bottom of the pile that wouldn't be noticed and then headed up the track opposite her house to Priest Way and straight up to where her clothes were found. Or someone else may have helped her disappear and given her a set of clothes to wear.

At the moment we don't know if she was suffering paranoia or there was a threat that would cause her to want to run. After learning a few new things today that I don't want to post on here, the police have not released everything about her and she does have the means and knowledge to go to ground if she felt threatened.

Just thought of a scenario.

Perhaps RD's version of events are correct, and GP fled. RD is worried and calls DE, who calls GP's mother. PE, who was in the flat too and overheard RD and GP's argument, followed GP to try to calm her down. She ran out to the quarry (would only take 10 mins if jogging), PE caught up near where the clothes were found, she continued stripping off and either jumped from the cliffs or they had a fight, and was pushed/thrown.

PE claims innocence but knows his story is suspicious so goes underground then gets legal advice. RD and GE are convinced of his innocence.

Miss Pope’s cousin said: “Gaia’s condition has been really deteriorating over the last six months to a year. She rarely gets through a day without a seizure. “Sometimes they’re very small, she’ll break conversation for a minute or so and then she’s back to her old bubbly self. Other times they’re very serious - we’ve had to call the paramedics many times. Those bigger seizures are often accompanied with quite prolonged periods of confusion and disorientation. “There’s been times when she’s not recognized us for a short time afterwards, not really understood where she is. That’s a big part of what’s made this case so complicated.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...a-Pope-disappearance-probe.html#ixzz4yhx8wol8

Just thought of a scenario.

Perhaps RD's version of events are correct, and GP fled. RD is worried and calls DE, who calls GP's mother. PE, who was in the flat too and overheard RD and GP's argument, followed GP to try to calm her down. She ran out to the quarry (would only take 10 mins if jogging), PE caught up near where the clothes were found, she continued stripping off and either jumped from the cliffs or they had a fight, and was pushed/thrown.

PE claims innocence but knows his story is suspicious so goes underground then gets legal advice. RD and GE are convinced of his innocence.
Her clothes were found about 400m from the cliff edge and to get to the edge she would have to climb down a steep slope and over a barbed wire fence.

There are flat ledges most of the way along the bottom of the cliff in that area a couple meters above sea level so if she jumped or was pushed she would still be sat at the bottom on the rocks. We haven't had any storms big enough over the last two weeks to wash someone off of the ledges, plus fishing boats go along that stretch of cliff twice a day dropping lobster pots only a hundred meters or so off shore so they would have probably noticed someone lying on the ledge.

Her clothes were found about 400m from the cliff edge and to get to the edge she would have to climb down a steep slope and over a barbed wire fence.

There are flat ledges most of the way along the bottom of the cliff in that area a couple meters above sea level so if she jumped or was pushed she would still be sat at the bottom on the rocks. We haven't had any storms big enough over the last two weeks to wash someone off of the ledges, plus fishing boats go along that stretch of cliff twice a day dropping lobster pots only a hundred meters or so off shore so they would have probably noticed someone lying on the ledge.

Wow, that pretty much wipes out any idea that she's gone over the cliff then. I thought, as others have disappeared into the ocean in that area, that was a real possibility.

I suppose there's always the chance, however slim, that she's unconscious somewhere and in need of medical assistance. I would guess that until they're sure that they're looking for a body rather than a person that they'll take all the help they can get.

Unconscious somewhere - Impossible after 10 days.

Yet police is searching down there with boats.

We don't know they're her clothes yet do we?

Thanks for that local insight John. I was wondering, when looking at the cliffs earlier, as to how likely it was for a person to jump ( or a body to be pushed over ) and end up in the water.

Seems not likely at all ........... goes along with my thought that GP is nowhere near those cliffs.

Wow, that pretty much wipes out any idea that she's gone over the cliff then. I thought, as others have disappeared into the ocean in that area, that was a real possibility.
There are areas to the left and right of where her clothes we found that are straight down into the sea but she would have to walk a couple fields in either direction. Most of the people who have disappeared into the sea along here were either nearer to Anvil Point or along past Dancing Ledge where the cliffs do drop straight down into the water. Either way there is a barbed wire fence to climb over first so you can't easily push someone over without first throwing them over the fence which would probably leave some evidence behind.

So many twists and turns, but I can't help the nagging feeling in my brain that GP is still alive, maybe in hiding...

The father of a Paul Elsey, arrested over Gaia Pope’s disappearance, said last night his son ‘could not stand’ the missing teenager but was ‘110 percent innocent’. ‘He’s protested his innocence 110 percent and I have 110 percent belief that he will be released when they find out he has done nothing.’

But following the arrest, Mr Elsey said his son barely knew Gaia and would not hurt her.

According to his father, Paul Elsey claims he was in Weymouth, Dorset, on the day Gaia disappeared, carrying out work on a property he owns there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stand-Gaia-didn-t-kill-her.html#ixzz4yhf5ciHc

466D834D00000578-0-image-a-9_1510874252408.jpg

466B19BE00000578-5088961-image-a-47_1510844255869.jpg

Nathan couldn’t stand Becky.

Detectives carried out forensic analysis on clothing, believed to have been Gaia's leggings, in a field near the cliffs around Swanage

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Read more: [/FONT]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5091871/Is-footage-Gaia-Pope.html#ixzz4yi5v8Fpv[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Follow us: [/FONT]@MailOnline on Twitter[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] | [/FONT]DailyMail on Facebook

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]her leggings? have been at work today, have they found her leggings?[/FONT]

Detectives carried out forensic analysis on clothing, believed to have been Gaia's leggings, in a field near the cliffs around Swanage

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5091871/Is-footage-Gaia-Pope.html#ixzz4yi5v8Fpv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

her leggings? have been at work today, have they found her leggings?

That's the first mention I've seen of leggings... Could be that the Daily Mail has some insider knowledge, or just that they're trying to get more traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member