Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seems so odd that a murderer would just leave clothes that will have DNA on so out in the open...and then take the body somewhere else...and if you were commuting suicide you wouldn't strip to do it...i still wouldn't be surprised to find her alive, 19 year olds do not have fear, they do silly things...it just wouldn't surprise me

bbm Yes exactly. They could have walked a bit further and tossed them in the ocean and dna would quickly be lost.

The clothes in that location look more and more like a red herring to me. Someone put them there for a reason and they knew they would be found. Who?

I don't know where she would hide, she is not in any of the caves between Dancing Ledge and Winspit as I searched all of them this morning. From what I have been told she does know the countryside around here very well so I am sure if she wanted to go on the run she wouldn't have any trouble getting out of the area without being seen. If she left just after dusk she could be past lulworth or north of wareham by morning, although she would have to cross the railway line away from any crossing as they all have cameras.

Then again she could still be in the town. There are a lot of holiday homes in Swanage and most of them are empty in the winter.

How about the caravan park? It's close by, would be easier to break into than a house, and a lot would be empty. Have they all been searched?

I don't know where she would hide, she is not in any of the caves between Dancing Ledge and Winspit as I searched all of them this morning. From what I have been told she does know the countryside around here very well so I am sure if she wanted to go on the run she wouldn't have any trouble getting out of the area without being seen. If she left just after dusk she could be past lulworth or north of wareham by morning, although she would have to cross the railway line away from any crossing as they all have cameras.

Then again she could still be in the town. There are a lot of holiday homes in Swanage and most of them are empty in the winter.

Thank you for your local insight! Very appreciated. And also thank you for searching!

What are your thoughts on the clothing?

Oh, and Welcome to WS! :)

yes. I just mentioned that on an earlier post. lots of places to go

but the clothing appearing after initial searches? whats your theory here? whats the local wild animal community? foxes...

got to wonder about all those caravans locally.....loads must be empty this time of year. holiday lets etc...
Apparently the caravan park maintenance staff have been checking the caravans. There are a lot of holiday homes in the town which are empty and it would be easy to look on the local tourism sites to get a list of all the properties in the area.

i still think PE and RD are involved, despite being released.

why would she go into hiding? because of the release of the person who attacked her? is that enough to disappear, without taking any belongings with you?

Maybe she had some clothes and another phone plus cash stashed somewhere.

She's a local girl, so could have had help getting away from the area in a car. Or she is staying with a friend in town. I really hope she is ok, and her illnesses haven't got the better of her.

but the clothing appearing after initial searches? whats your theory here? whats the local wild animal community? foxes...
The clothes were dumped in a field behind the footpath so whoever put them there may not have realised the field had already been searched.

Wild animals in that area are mostly foxes, badgers and roe deer, although there were a couple large labrador size black cats here a few years ago but they haven't been seen for a long time.

I'm sure the clothing has been planted to look like it's a suicide.

Mr Elsey's dad Greg said:

"Paul has been released and he is with his solicitor. He has been released under investigation the same as the others. My family has totally been the victim of a witch hunt. They should start looking elsewhere. I think of the public money which has been wasted, which could have been spent searching for Gaia and finding those clothes a long time ago. I will tell Paul it is nice to have him home. I don't think there is any problem now with them going home. We will soldier on. It is terrible for Gaia's family. I feel dreadfully sorry for them, I really do. I know if I was in their position I would be devastated. At least we knew [our family members] were coming home."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4937962/paul-elsey-arrested-over-gaia-pope-murder-released/

But then again ... on further thought, IF she wanted to disappear why leave her clothes in the field at all? And if for some reason she wanted to toss LE a red herring, why leave the clothes in an area that had already been searched? She wouldn't know if they would search there again and they would be found.

It doesn't really make sense.

On the other hand, if the clothes had not been there previously someone must have dropped them there some time in the past few days. Why would they scatter them about? The only reason I can think of is, to make it look like 'crazy freaked out Gaia' ripped them all off herself before jumping over the cliff. But that scenario is impossible because then the clothes would have been there during the first search already.

Nothing makes sense at all! :gaah: Where's Poirot when you need him?

Unless somebody started to get freaked out that people were being arrested for murder and so planted stuff to make it look like she'd jumped because they knew she was innocent if Gaia was still alive.

They may not have known that area had been searched or put it somewhere they knew search activity was happening because they wanted it found.

I'm convinced she's alive.

Would animals really drag clothes and shoes around? I can't think of a reason why they would do that. I have heard of animals scattering remains, and with them clothing that was on the remains, but just clothing without a body nearby? It seems unlikely to me.

Anybody knows?

What if, after running off from RD's house, she encounters someone locally who agrees to help hide her (for whatever reason, possibly sexually motivated). At some point over the next few days, Gaia's epilepsy escalates due to the stress and she dies. The person who's hiding her panics, because he isn't aware of her epilepsy and he knows she's a vulnerable missing teenager and possibly they've had sex or a fight, so there's some DNA evidence on her that shouldn't be. He worries he'll be done for murder.

A few days pass, and the person increasingly worries. It's too late to call the police. He decides to plant her clothes to make it look like a suicide attempt and that she's gone over the cliffs. He's stuck with her body or disposes of it further away.

It's very far-fetched but nothing makes sense!

I like your thinking .........................

i guess we only have the forensics on clothing to go by now then....see what that reveals.

but if she's hiding, then she will need food. and she must have alternate clothing. if this was pre planned, then hair could be cut/dyed etc

she could be in plain sight

Would animals really drag clothes and shoes around? I can't think of a reason why they would do that. I have heard of animals scattering remains, and with them clothing that was on the remains, but just clothing without a body nearby? It seems unlikely to me.

Anybody knows?

I would think that forensics could determine if an animal had been in contact with the clothing.

She's a local girl, so could have had help getting away from the area in a car. Or she is staying with a friend in town. I really hope she is ok, and her illnesses haven't got the better of her.
If she is staying with a friend then she could be using alternative treatments for her illness. She has probably done plenty of research into epilepsy and would know that cannabis can be used as a treatment in some cases. Being a teenager I expect she wouldn't have trouble finding one of the local drug dealers to sell her some.

Unless somebody started to get freaked out that people were being arrested for murder and so planted stuff to make it look like she'd jumped because they knew she was innocent if Gaia was still alive.

They may not have known that area had been searched or put it somewhere they knew search activity was happening because they wanted it found.

I'm convinced she's alive.

bbm - Possible, yes. Maybe she herself did.

I hope she did, because that would mean she is alive!

i still think PE and RD are involved, despite being released.

why would she go into hiding? because of the release of the person who attacked her? is that enough to disappear, without taking any belongings with you?

From her posts on social media she appears to be in the grip of severe paranoia including fear of the police. In that state she won't need anything real to hide from, her imagination will be making it up.

As for the 'no belongings', she could have been given stuff by other people. How about the TK Maxx stuff she accused her sister of buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member