Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking about Gaia all night...some thoughts in no particular order:

1. Her social media and demenour in the days leading up to her disappearance certainly suggest she was on the verge of a psychotic/mebtal break. If it werent for the arrests and lack of cctv I'd be more inclined to think she's gone missing of her own volition or she had harmed herself in some way. Coincidence or have the arrested (and now released) used tgis to their advantage?

2. To me, it doesnt seem as though Gaia is running away from anything in the cctv footage but obviously police have had intelligence that leads to them stating she was distressed. Which begs the question, what made her distressed in the first instance and why run to RDs. Imo it would be very infortunate to Gaia to already be distressed ans then come to some kind of harm at somewhere she seemingly felt the need to go to (place of safety?)

3. Ive seen conflicting reports of where Gaia was staying with some reports stating her aunts and others stating with NE and RD. Some clarity around this eould be helpful. If she was staying with RD/NE then how long? And we know NE was staying in a flat behind RDs with his mom so was she staying in the flat or in RDs house.

4. Which then also begs the question RD and NE were arrested. Why not DE? We know she was around that day as its been reported that she apologised to neighbours for a disturbance. We know NE lives with DE so what was it that made police arrest RD and NE and not others?

5. Lastly (for now) the comments about the uncle seem confusing. We have family members stating uncle has been missing and police have been trying to contact him however we then have witness reports stating that at time of arrest uncle was there shouting reassurances to NE

All very confusing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

[FONT=&quot]“They had a big wagon out there removing a vehicle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Eventually they loaded up a vehicle and the minute it left a police car came up the road. This was late in the day, around 9pm.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Another Morrison Road resident, who wished to remain anonymous, said they returned to their house on Monday afternoon and saw a large police presence in Manor Gardens.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I’ve heard they arrested two people, but we don’t really have a lot to do with them to be honest,” the resident said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We try to avoid them most of the time.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...k_of_sadness_over_disappearance_of_Gaia_Pope/
[/FONT]

I don't think we are allowed to sleuth PE here as he has not been arrested or named POI. I have asked a mod to clarify.

I've been lurking on this thread. Just to say I got a VERY bad feeling from that interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what to make of RD's ex-husband saying his (their?) son 49 year old Paul Elsey hasn't been seen for days....

Which is at odds with the newspaper reports of yesterday that said when NE was arrested on Monday,his uncle was there and was shouting out, dont worry it will be fine.
Unless of course there is another uncle who lives nearby.

Yes I saw that...... sister or wife? NE's mother is named Deborah. Also, DE named as a director in the same company that RD was recorded at.

DE ( born 1967 ) and PGE ( born 1968 ) are brother and sister

Which is at odds with the newspaper reports of yesterday that said when NE was arrested on Monday,his uncle was there and was shouting out, dont worry it will be fine.
Unless of course there is another uncle who lives nearby.

Could be a brother of NE's mother who supposedly lives very nearby? or, IF PE, could have taken place to rattle him.

Also re RD disturbing interview - her being arrested within an hour of that made me wonder if she said something that contradicted what she said to police.

Could be a brother of NE's mother who supposedly lives very nearby? or, IF PE, could have taken place to rattle him.

Also re RD disturbing interview - her being arrested within an hour of that made me wonder if she said something that contradicted what she said to police.

We've just seen on the Margaret Fleming case that maybe, just maybe the police like to engineer interviews/pressers before making an arrest. Huntley is another example, Tracey Andrews another and there are loads more where we have the killer on screen saying all the right things. I'm not convinced RD dunnit but who knows whether she is involved or not. All a bit confusing and hopefully there'll be some clarification today.

I've been lurking on this thread. Just to say I got a VERY bad feeling from that interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Ironside - which interview?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reminder:

It is against TOS to sleuth family members and doing so can result in a loss of posting privileges.

:wave:

New joiner here.....The find Gaia Facebook page will be relaunched today....and further searches will be organised.

That's good news, thanks Machasma

and :welcome: to Websleuths and the thread

Reminder:

It is against TOS to sleuth family members and doing so can result in a loss of posting privileges.

:wave:

Nice to see you, Silly Billy (as always, shame about the circumstances!)

Please can you clarify whether we can sleuth the two that were arrested? I know they have been released for now under investigation and presumably remain POI's.

Thanks!

Tried to read through the entire thread, moving very fast so apologies in advance if I am repeating something thats already been posted.
I am going to hold out a bit of hope here - Imo from what I have read about Gaia's behaviour the day she went missing, the first thought that came to mind was could she be suffering from her first episode of Bipola. I have a close relative who suffer's with Bipola and Gaia's actions & behaviour that day and in the days leading up to her disappearance is reminiscent of my relative's behaviour when he is in crisis.
I really want to hope that she is in the grips of a very severe mh crisis and is hiding out somewhere, if thats the case she needs to be found as soon as is possible, she wont be able to seek help herself.
In regards to the arrests, I can see why those people in particular were arrested, they were the last people who claim to have seen Gaia, Gaia last known location was their house. And the young man who was arrested, from what I have read seems to be a quiet lad - so circumstantially the arrests make sense and it seems to me that the police are making sure no stone is left unturned.
However, it falls down on 2 critical issues - Someone from the arrestee's property apologised to neighbours for the shouting and screaming, surely if something horrendous had just happened you wouldn't speak to neighbours or anyone outside of the house.
Also, I have seen that the lady who was arrested gave an interview where she stated, Gaia was not in a seizure state - I am guessing this was a question posed to her and it would have given her an opportunity to lie if she was guilty of anything at all.
As I said, I'm holding out hope for this girl & for her family.
(This is a v.quick reply and will edit later with links to validate my post - however I think those links have already been posted on the thread)

1. Her social media and demenour in the days leading up to her disappearance certainly suggest she was on the verge of a psychotic/mebtal break. If it werent for the arrests and lack of cctv I'd be more inclined to think she's gone missing of her own volition or she had harmed herself in some way. Coincidence or have the arrested (and now released) used tgis to their advantage?

As a mother of a teenager not much younger than Gaia, I do find her Instagram postings quite unsettling. It is clear that she is mentally very unwell and may be prone to being manipulated by people who are keen to take advantage of her sense of paranoia. The question is did someone actually do that ?

2. To me, it doesnt seem as though Gaia is running away from anything in the cctv footage but obviously police have had intelligence that leads to them stating she was distressed. Which begs the question, what made her distressed in the first instance and why run to RDs. Imo it would be very infortunate to Gaia to already be distressed ans then come to some kind of harm at somewhere she seemingly felt the need to go to (place of safety?)

From viewing the cctv footage, it is natural if we come to the initial conclusion that she appeared to be running away from someone or something ... BUT COULD IT BE THAT SHE IS RUNNING TO reach someone instead ?? Maybe a phone call from that “someone” who triggered a sense of urgency ?

And i read somewhere (sorry, can’t remember the source!), someone claimed that RD is hooked on to a ventilating machine 24/7. However, from her interview, you can’t really pick that up.

Tried to read through the entire thread, moving very fast so apologies in advance if I am repeating something thats already been posted.
I am going to hold out a bit of hope here - Imo from what I have read about Gaia's behaviour the day she went missing, the first thought that came to mind was could she be suffering from her first episode of Bipola. I have a close relative who suffer's with Bipola and Gaia's actions & behaviour that day and in the days leading up to her disappearance is reminiscent of my relative's behaviour when he is in crisis.
I really want to hope that she is in the grips of a very severe mh crisis and is hiding out somewhere, if thats the case she needs to be found as soon as is possible, she wont be able to seek help herself.
In regards to the arrests, I can see why those people in particular were arrested, they were the last people who claim to have seen Gaia, Gaia last known location was their house. And the young man who was arrested, from what I have read seems to be a quiet lad - so circumstantially the arrests make sense and it seems to me that the police are making sure no stone is left unturned.
However, it falls down on 2 critical issues - Someone from the arrestee's property apologised to neighbours for the shouting and screaming, surely if something horrendous had just happened you wouldn't speak to neighbours or anyone outside of the house.
Also, I have seen that the lady who was arrested gave an interview where she stated, Gaia was not in a seizure state - I am guessing this was a question posed to her and it would have given her an opportunity to lie if she was guilty of anything at all.
As I said, I'm holding out hope for this girl & for her family.
(This is a v.quick reply and will edit later with links to validate my post - however I think those links have already been posted on the thread)
Just to add to my earlier comments - I have just watched the interview and the lady who was interviewed volunteered there was no seizure - so I feel my comments still stand, that was her moment to lie she had something to lie about, but she didn't...

What I find intriguing is the cctv footage, Gaia looks like she is out for a run, like any other runner, at no point is she looking around her, her pace seems nice & steady, posture is perfect - She doesn;t appear to be frightened.

Imo, I think she left home because she did not want to go to the doctors and was agitated about it so went to the other house for a place of refuge. I can only assume that her family realised she was unwell and wanted to seek help for her, in Gaia's head, that would have been perceived as "There's nothing wrong with me, I'm not ill, no one is listening to me, no one believes that I'm in danger" and therefore she decided to seek shelter with someone sympathetic to her...

RSBM...

On the other hand I could also see DE apologising to the neighbours if something horrendous had happened. It would be a way to keep the neighbours on side, pacify them and - hopefully - ensure that they did not report the disturbance to the police ( this might be particularly important if there had been previous disturbances ? )

Re the seizure claim - if RD had said that Gaia was in a seizure state, then surely she would be attracting more attention to herself and would have been asked why she chose to allow a vulnerable young person to depart the house in such a state.

ETA - To me, her volunteering the info, was a classic response to make sure she got across the point that Gaia was alive and well when she departed the house.
Of course that could also be the truth. I do hope so.

Just to add to my earlier comments - I have just watched the interview and the lady who was interviewed volunteered there was no seizure - so I feel my comments still stand, that was her moment to lie she had something to lie about, but she didn't...

What I find intriguing is the cctv footage, Gaia looks like she is out for a run, like any other runner, at no point is she looking around her, her pace seems nice & steady, posture is perfect - She doesn;t appear to be frightened.

Imo, I think she left home because she did not want to go to the doctors and was agitated about it so went to the other house for a place of refuge. I can only assume that her family realised she was unwell and wanted to seek help for her, in Gaia's head, that would have been perceived as "There's nothing wrong with me, I'm not ill, no one is listening to me, no one believes that I'm in danger" and therefore she decided to seek shelter with someone sympathetic to her...

I think that's a very good point re the doctors appointment and could very well be the reason Gaia wanted to go elsewhere - RDs or NEs home.

It was clear in the TV footage that RD was holding onto a frame and you could see some sort of tubing coming out of it.

Just to say, there was another case a couple of years ago, in next town to Swanage, where a young mother was murdered by her partner. It took a while but police did find her by tracking his car movements... reading that they have taken a car away, I think the police will be doing just that at the moment....

The whole thing is incredibly complex, especially with the mental health issues in the family, and the families desperate need to be hopeful of a positive conclusion.

ETA - Maybe she was running because she wanted to quickly pick something up before going to the Dr's? and was worried she would miss her appointment.... there was a lot of misinformation about what she had on her ie money, phone, no jacket etc also that the battery in her phone was dead... she could have been running there to pick up a charger... ANYTHING... there was also blurred reports that NE wasn't there when she went to his grandma's [RD] to find him..... the mis-information is not helping matters but I feel the police know what they are dealing with....

It was clear in the TV footage that RD was holding onto a frame and you could see some sort of tubing coming out of it.

Just to say, there was another case a couple of years ago, in next town to Swanage, where a young mother was murdered by her partner. It took a while but police did find her by tracking his car movements... reading that they have taken a car away, I think the police will be doing just that at the moment....

The whole thing is incredibly complex, especially with the mental health issues in the family, and the families desperate need to be hopeful of a positive conclusion.

ETA - Maybe she was running because she wanted to quickly pick something up before going to the Dr's? and was worried she would miss her appointment.... there was a lot of misinformation about what she had on her ie money, phone, no jacket etc also that the battery in her phone was dead... she could have been running there to pick up a charger... ANYTHING... there was also blurred reports that NE wasn't there when she went to his grandma's [RD] to find him..... the mis-information is not helping matters but I feel the police know what they are dealing with....
Good spot, I didn't notice that at all.

attachment.php

Link for pic (from video)

Attachments

• RD.jpg
    RD.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online