Found Deceased UK - Gaynor Lord was last seen in Norwich city centre on London Street heading towards Norwich Cathedral, 2:35 pm, 8 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In Anglican cathedrals here in NZ they often have the counselling agency The Samaritans. Not sure if the agency has in person counselling as well as phone counselling. Also here in NZ some counselling is run by/through church staff and is often quite a bit cheaper than other agencies. Could she have had an appointment there?

The husband is honestly damned whatever he does. If we look back at the sad case of Nicola Bulley, when her husband spoke to the media we had loads of people saying "how could he get in front of press at a time like this. Id be too upset."

Then when partners don't give interviews, they get the same suspicion but in reverse.

I honestly can't see what good her partner speaking to the press would do. Unless they think she's ran away and his appeal could help bring her back, I honestly believe staying away from the media vultures is the best choice.

All MOO of course.
A very fair point!

In Anglican cathedrals here in NZ they often have the counselling agency The Samaritans. Not sure if the agency has in person counselling as well as phone counselling. Also here in NZ some counselling is run by/through church staff and is often quite a bit cheaper than other agencies. Could she have had an appointment there?
The only things in the ground are the cathedral itself, Norwich School (A private school), an Accountants, a speech and language therapist, the care home, an old persons day facility place. The Samaritans and other support charities of that nature and counselling services are scattered around the city, but there are none in the cathedral grounds. The only charity is a school grants charity.

They have started searching wasteland near Wensum. Also, I find it really odd how many random people off the street our local newspaper are approaching. Some guy walking his dog - "It's all so sad that this was the last place she was seen. I walk my dog here at 4pm every day. No, I didn't see her.".

Last edited:
I think, with this case, there is unfortunately one likely outcome. But how and why she got there is worth discussing, IMO. For me, I'm really caught on her rushing to be somewhere. I don't know what that means, but it seems important.

A manic episode is definitely a possibility with the little that we know. But so is meeting up with someone.

She also appears to be clutching her mobile phone in her hand, possibly an indication that she might have been expecting a call/message or thought she might need it to hand to refer to something.
Yes - the running to the cathedral after leaving work at around 2.45 might maybe imply she had a 3.pm meet-up with somebody arranged. JMO.

Thanks for replying.

I wonder who the person was who found the clothing later on that evening, would they be using the park as a short cut even though it was pretty dark?
It's a small park and a really busy area. It would be considered relatively "safe" to pass through in the dark at say, 6pm, with lots of people about but the later and less busy it gets the less people would risk it.

It's a small park and a really busy area. It would be considered relatively "safe" to pass through in the dark at say, 6pm, with lots of people about but the later and less busy it gets the less people would risk it.
Thanks again.

I haven't seen in any media reports the name of the person who found the clothing, have there been any local reports on who it was?

Clarification:

1. The police (Supt Wes Hornigold) have said they have been unable to establish the reason why GL left work early. (Source: Six clues Gaynor Lord left behind, as police search for missing Norwich mum, and children urge her to come home .)

2. Bullards have a concession at Jarrold (source: Award-Winning Luxury Norwich Gin & Spirits | Bullards Spirits ), so perhaps GL doesn't have a manager there to whom she'd have to give a reason for leaving early. According to info currently at the same page, the Bullards concession at Jarrold holds tastings from Thu-Sat at 11am to 3pm. (GL was last seen last Friday.)
If you are going to leave your work place (a shop, not an office!), you have to get a colleague to replace you immediately. So I would think. And that colleague didn't want to know, why s/he had to start the job 75 minutes earlier?? That seems strange ....

Response to earlier posts, fwiw.. rbbm
''What is a Cathedral? A cathedral is not just a large church. The word ‘cathedral’ comes from the Latin word cathedra meaning ‘seat’ or ‘chair’, and refers to the presence of the bishop’s or archbishop’s chair or throne. It is the most important church in the diocese.

What is a Minster – is it the same as a Cathedral? Sometimes but not always. Minsters were established during Anglo-Saxon times and were the churches attached to a monastery or monasterium. Nowadays the term ‘minster’ has come to refer more generally to any large or important, often parish, church.''

Norwich Cathedral
Roman Catholic Church
The Cathedral Church of St John the Baptist is the second largest Roman Catholic cathedral in England. Constructed between 1882 and 1910 as a parish church, it was consecrated as the cathedral for the Diocese of East Anglia in 1976.''

There may well be spots inside and outside the cathedral, especially inside, that are ideal for bad actors' purposes, e.g. for the handover of an earpiece, to be followed by instructions a bit later "go here, now go here, drop your [presumed smart] rings, go here, drop your phone, go here, stop by the tree, put your hands on the ground, look through your legs" [ready for further instructions given verbally by a passing walker, for added security]...

Somewhat Walter Mitty, some would say, but such a storyline is consistent with several reported features of the case.
Do you mean: extortion in some form? Do this, do that, otherwise ......

BBC News has an update on the 'yoga pose'
View attachment 467909
From the same link:-

A search team has also been seen looking through wasteland near some houses just across the road from Wensum Park.

It is at the park, a mile-and-a-half from the retail assistant’s workplace at Jarrolds department store that her clothes and personal possessions, including her phone, glasses and two rings, were found.

Anyone seen any details about what time she was reported missing and what time the clothes were found? Think I've seen both referred to as around 8pm, but I'd be interested to know the time between the two and which came first

Regarding your second paragraph I hate to sound morbid but throwing yourself in front of a car (which on CCTV looked to be going a max of 20mph) does not always result in death (most suicides involving cars often are from people jumping from motorway bridges)

If she was in such a mental state where she felt there was no other option than to end things the river is much more likely to do that unfortunately.

I think her smile before leaving work is for show - maybe she realised once her managers couldn’t find her in the shop they’d check the CCTV - if she looked distressed they may have called the police before she had chance to reach the park.
I got the impression from the CCTV photo of her leaving work smiling, she'd seen someone she knew and was smiling at them. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back