Found Deceased UK - Gaynor Lord was last seen in Norwich city centre on London Street heading towards Norwich Cathedral, 2:35 pm, 8 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2pm presser guys :(

BBC News:-​

Police update expected​

Norfolk Constabulary will provide an update on the ongoing search at 14:00 GMT.
Chf Supt Dave Buckley will brief journalists at Wensum Park.

That doesn't sound good. At least the family may get a quick answer as to what happened though.

Absolutely heartbreaking scenario for all involved.

Do we know if Gaynor practises yoga (or similar exercises or techniques)? I've seen no mention of it. If she does, I'd be inclined to believe that the purported sighting of a woman doing "yoga" actually was her. If she doesn't, I would say it was a case of mistaken identity.
We know she is sporty at least as someone from the Tennis club she frequented was interviewed by Evening News.

Do we know if Gaynor practises yoga (or similar exercises or techniques)? I've seen no mention of it. If she does, I'd be inclined to believe that the purported sighting of a woman doing "yoga" actually was her. If she doesn't, I would say it was a case of mistaken identity.
My guess is that she does practice yoga - I believe they’d have clarified this with the family prior to allowing this information to come out in the national media.

If she didn’t practice yoga I think they’d have discounted both witnesses.

I just walked past the front entrance to Wensum Park, there is a lot of press here. The park is still blocked off from all angles but it is very much localised to the park, you can still walk down Marriott’s Way (although there are a few police cars along there too near Dolphin Bridge).

Response to earlier posts, fwiw.. rbbm
''What is a Cathedral? A cathedral is not just a large church. The word ‘cathedral’ comes from the Latin word cathedra meaning ‘seat’ or ‘chair’, and refers to the presence of the bishop’s or archbishop’s chair or throne. It is the most important church in the diocese.

What is a Minster – is it the same as a Cathedral? Sometimes but not always. Minsters were established during Anglo-Saxon times and were the churches attached to a monastery or monasterium. Nowadays the term ‘minster’ has come to refer more generally to any large or important, often parish, church.''

Norwich Cathedral
Roman Catholic Church
The Cathedral Church of St John the Baptist is the second largest Roman Catholic cathedral in England. Constructed between 1882 and 1910 as a parish church, it was consecrated as the cathedral for the Diocese of East Anglia in 1976.''
The cathedral we're talking about isn't the Roman Catholic one. That's much further out from the City Centre, out near the ring road as I recall. The cathedral in the case is the Church of England one right in the City Centre.

My guess is that she does practice yoga - I believe they’d have clarified this with the family prior to allowing this information to come out in the national media.

If she didn’t practice yoga I think they’d have discounted both witnesses.
Fwiw..
In the Sherman case (Canada), the murdered (by strangulation) couple, were found in an 'unusual pose' described by witnesses as looking like they were engaged in some kind of yoga.

“She was sort of putting her coat down on the floor and sort of performing a yoga pose. It just seemed a bit off at this time because obviously it was starting to get dark,” Ms Richards added.''

Last edited:
I just walked past the front entrance to Wensum Park, there is a lot of press here. The park is still blocked off from all angles but it is very much localised to the park, you can still walk down Marriott’s Way (although there are a few police cars along there too near Dolphin Bridge).
Have you walked past Andersons meadow?

Anyone seen any details about what time she was reported missing and what time the clothes were found? Think I've seen both referred to as around 8pm, but I'd be interested to know the time between the two and which came first
They found her belongings incl. her ID in the park, police went to her home, she hadn't returned from her workplace, then she was declared missing. So is my timeline at least.

Ok what about this scenario.

Something happens with a person she meets at the Cathedral, is it distressing or upsetting to GL. She goes off out of the city centre away from people, ends up at WP.

She decides for whatever reason to go for a swim, so she does this in her underwear. Gets half out/out of the water and puts coat on as it’s bloody freezing. Then slips back in accidently and the heavy (we know it’s long) coat drags her under. Coat was found in river.

I would bet money on this being along the lines :( unfortunately. This is my own opinion of what I think could be the hypothesis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back