Found Deceased UK - Gaynor Lord was last seen in Norwich city centre on London Street heading towards Norwich Cathedral, 2:35 pm, 8 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not read the whole thread so apologies if has already been said but I wondered two hypothetical things:

1) was there a service on or something at the cathedral she was rushing to make? That might explain why a specific person hasn’t come forward as maybe she was rushing to something which wasn’t a meeting or appt/something involving interaction with another person but just something she wanted to be at?

2) did she wander in the park for hours and become so cold that she took her clothes off to enter the water due to paradoxical undressing as this has been known in other disappearances?

I hope she is is found safe soon

Sadly, after this long and only in her underwear, I don't think she will be found safe and alive.

2.44pm: Ms Lord is working at the Bullards Gin counter in the basement at Jarrold department store;

2.45-2.46pm: She leaves the store via the loading bay on Bedford Street;

2.47pm: Walks on to London Street past the Cosy Club restaurant;

2.48pm: Ms Lord makes her way onto Queens Street and walks towards Norwich Cathedral;

3.22pm: Ms Lord is seen on The Close at the cathedral entrance – shortly before exiting through the archway she puts her coat on;

3.23pm: She is seen to walk away from the cathedral on Queens Street. The coat she was wearing is clearly visible.

3.49pm: The last sighting of Ms Lord on CCTV near the Playhouse on St George’s Street;

3.53pm: She walks along St Crispins Road towards Pitt Street;

4.01pm: Ms Lord walks up St Augustines Street – her final movements captured in CCTV before going missing.

Sunset 4.12pm

Google map walking says st Augustine street to wensum park 8 minutes

This would put her in park circa 4.09pm

Witness says someone matching description doing yoga in park around 4pm

Belongings found 8pm in park

IMO

would she walk north to wensum park for 4pm, do yoga then walk home south for 43 minutes (1.9 miles) (if she still resides at address a few years ago) . If she got to park 4.09, did yoga say to make worth while, 15 minutes, leave 4.24, getting dark, home for 5.07 in dark I’m assuming this is a yes, this was her plan.
Her phone will have steps. To confirm if she arrived at park at *advertiser censored* time.

Witness may say what clothing she had on, maybe stripped to fewer items for yoga, put phone down, bag down, took off jewellery/rings x2 , shoes. Etc - all items that are found in park.

Then something happened.

3rd party or accident with water
I don’t believe you do all this, bit of yoga then jump in on own accord.

I do find it odd how rushed she was on cctv tho/traffic light near misses and leaving work earlier than should she did seem on a mission at first.
Having read this whole time line. She would have actually walked past my place of work at the top of St Augustine’s Street :(

Here are 3 random pics I have of Wensum park. Not recent as you can see from dates. But it’s exactly the same now.

Aghhh can’t seem to get them to download!

Is this area of the river used for open water swimming does anyone know?
No I don't think so. My friend does wild swimming but I've never known her to go there. There is a bit further up from the park where the pub is , gilbralter gardens where there is a slope/slip way, my dogs drink from the river there as there aren't many other places to reach the river and definitely not safe to be swimming especially with the river levels here at the moment

Is it populated around there? People always walking past etc or is it quite quiet?

It’s pretty populated. The park has a nice playground (swings slides etc.) that has recently been upgraded. There’s lots of terraced housing around. The area generally is creeping towards improvement actually. There is a very old shopping area call Anglia Square (10 mins walk away) that is going to basically be flattened and re built. 1960/70’s empty multi story carpark etc. old cinema. But this is being completely redeveloped in the next few years.

The area immediately round Wensum park is a fairly busy area. Busy small roads in towards the city, St Augustine’s street is becoming like a little Independent shops street which is nice. A bit alternative I giesss!

When I walk thru the park at lunchtime would often not see anyone. I walk from Martins Lane thru the park out the back along the river to Aldi.

Is it populated around there? People always walking past etc or is it quite quiet?
I go down there quite a lot with dogs some nice walks, then I cut through the back to home bargains . it's always really busy when I go but that's always in the day time. At 5pm its dark i would not want to be around that area in the dark. The park itself I couldn't tell you , you aren't allowed dogs in there so don't go in there.

No I don't think so. My friend does wild swimming but I've never known her to go there. There is a bit further up from the park where the pub is , gilbralter gardens where there is a slope/slip way, my dogs drink from the river there as there aren't many other places to reach the river and definitely not safe to be swimming especially with the river levels here at the moment
Thank you. It was just a thought as wild swimming is pretty popular.

Ok, just getting familiar with this case, so bear with me. I read on earlier pages, her husband failed to comment - who reported her missing? Dailymail says she was reported missing after failing to return home, so was that her daughter or husband who reported her missing?

I've watched all the CCTV and my thoughts are:

1) This is someone who is in a hurry
2) She knows exactly where she's going (even if we, watching the CCTV, don't)
3) She's in so much of a hurry, she actually crosses a road with a green light on and narrowly misses getting hit by a car, and she doesn't look back - she's determined to get *somewhere*
4) That somewhere appears to be the cathedral
5) After she visits the cathedral, her running/speed has slowed, but she's still very, very determined to get somewhere
6) Her coat is put on as she walks away from the cathedral which to me, indicates she's a bit cold, aware of her surroundings, but it could just be a motion she's used to doing - it's hard to read into that without knowing her personally
7) Going to do Yoga outside sounds...quite frankly very weird in these temperatures. It's hard to make any good analysis of the witness sighting
8) But the witness must be right about the sighting, because her belongings were found in that park

Going to do some more reading and take a look at maps as I don't know the area.

I go down there quite a lot with dogs some nice walks, then I cut through the back to home bargains . it's always really busy when I go but that's always in the day time. At 5pm its dark i would not want to be around that area in the dark. The park itself I couldn't tell you , you aren't allowed dogs in there so don't go in there.

It’s funny you say it’s busy, if I walk through at midday I often see no one! This would be through the gate off Martins Lane to Home Bargains and back again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9
Back