Found Deceased UK - Gaynor Lord was last seen in Norwich city centre on London Street heading towards Norwich Cathedral, 2:35 pm, 8 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Latest:

Gaynor looks to be in a hurry to get somewhere when first seen at 2.47pm, half-an-hour later she is seen leaving the cathedral grounds. Question is, where did she go for that 30 minutes in between?
Apologies for my ignorance, but I assume there is a cathedral/church on the grounds?
Are there any cctv cameras inside the gounds?
She left work about 1 hour and 15 mins before her usual closing time.
Was she going to meet someone in the cathedral, or on the grounds? Or was she going there to seek spiritual solace or answers?

Sadly I think this could be along the lines of a medical emergency. I fear a condition could have made her remove her clothing etc. I remember a young girl that went missing several years ago. They found her clothes etc in a field and then found her body days later. Unfortunately I cannot remember her name or the fine details but I believe it was a condition that would have made her feel really hot suddenly. I know hypothermia does that but I don't think they found that, that was the reason.
Are you thinking of Gaia Pope? She died of hypothermia after running away because of a mental health crisis.

Looking at the timeline again, Gaynor is seen on CCTV at 2.48 walking towards the cathedral, then 34 minutes later at 3.22 leaving the cathedral grounds.

I wonder if she was in a hurry to get to the cathedral for a certain time, for instance were there any events happening in the cathedral that afternoon at around 3.00?
Doesn't look like any events were held but the cathedral invites you to look around for free at anytime when it's open (subject to events happening). There are ongoin events like the Tree of Remembrance you can go and see outside of the Cathedral (tribute to loved ones). A lot of people do go just to walk around and have a look (I know I do!).

Bedford street would take around 5 mins (if that) to the Cathedral (I walk it frequently).

The whole journey, going from there, to the cathedral detour, then up towards The Playhouse, across St Crispins then to Wensum would take about 30 mins depending on the route she took and how fast she walks (which looks to be fast).
Are there ways in and out of the park not covered by cameras? Is the river as shallow and slow moving as it appears to be in the search photos?

Are you thinking of Gaia Pope? She died of hypothermia after running away because of a mental health crisis.
Ahh yes! That is her, bless her. I have just refreshed my memory by reading online. She was badly let down by the system.

I'm thinking it could be mental health related if the police are saying they do not suspect any 3rd party involvement. Much like the Nicola Bulley case they obviously knew more about her history than what was put out in the media.

Sadly I think this could be along the lines of a medical emergency. I fear a condition could have made her remove her clothing etc. I remember a young girl that went missing several years ago. They found her clothes etc in a field and then found her body days later. Unfortunately I cannot remember her name or the fine details but I believe it was a condition that would have made her feel really hot suddenly. I know hypothermia does that but I don't think they found that, that was the reason.
I think that was Gaia Pope iirc?

Apologies for my ignorance, but I assume there is a cathedral/church on the grounds?
Are there any cctv cameras inside the gounds?
She left work about 1 hour and 15 mins before her usual closing time.
Was she going to meet someone in the cathedral, or on the grounds? Or was she going there to seek spiritual solace or answers?
There is the actual cathedral, the surrounding grounds, a mix of residential buildings and a handful of offices near the archway. There is a private school, a pub, pulls ferry, Cow Tower, old city walls, St Helens Church and The Great Hospital care home and much much more.

It looks to me like Gaynor approaches The Close where she is caught on CCTV in the cathedral from the North (so she is walking south), as if walking down from the Cathedral entrance. That said there is a bin there, so she could have come from the East, stopped at the bin to put something in it and continued on. MOO.

I knew someone who suffered from epileptic seizures from time to time. They would act oddly before one came on,then break out into a sweat as the body tries to cool itself down from the brain activity and they would try to take their clothes off. Just a suggestion.

Are there ways in and out of the park not covered by cameras? Is the river as shallow and slow moving as it appears to be in the search photos?
There are quite a few ways into and out of this park. I really doubt all of them have cctv. I know of 1 that definitely doesn’t.

This is so shocking to me, I’ve been on websleuths a while, this park is a 2 minute walk from my work. I drive or walk past 3 of the park entrances 4 times a week.

You never know if working in the basement it was cold down there. A lot of shops are trying to save money on excessive heating etc. MOO
Jarrolds is a sort of upmarket department store, the basement isn’t actually a basement, it’s a lower ground floor and it’s warm there, I’ve been in there today (I’m local to this)

I knew someone who suffered from epileptic seizures from time to time. They would act oddly before one came on,then break out into a sweat as the body tries to cool itself down from the brain activity and they would try to take their clothes off. Just a suggestion.
I've heard of this reaction too, bloody awful, bless them. I think they may have come out and said she hasn't got her medication or along those lines already though if that was the case. I'm thinking if the family and police know she has an illness but aren't releasing it, it's usually a taboo one or out of respect for the family. Mental health, addiction etc IMO

There are quite a few ways into and out of this park. I really doubt all of them have cctv. I know of 1 that definitely doesn’t.

This is so shocking to me, I’ve been on websleuths a while, this park is a 2 minute walk from my work. I drive or walk past 3 of the park entrances 4 times a

Im not sure if there are street cameras, but the park has two entrances, one entrance is opposite a newsagents corner shop type place, and the river is pretty shallow there but either side of the park the river goes into wooded areas. Unfortunatley a lot of the time when people fall in the Wensum they end up around whitlingham or trowse as it’s a tidal river that’s fed by the sea and has been very high recently.

Just to give some background info-
Where she works is the (I think) oldest largest most well known department store in Norwich. It’s not a cheap place, has all top brands of things. Is a real place to go for Xmas shopping.
Their window displays are always beautiful. She works on the Bullard Gin desk. This is a local gin company.

The cctv looks like she almost gets taken out by a car crossing the road, not using the pedestrian crossing. Must have been in a hurry.

Wensum Park is not great tbh. During the day there are often undesirables hanging about. (I often cut through it to get to local Aldi) it’s ok, just a typical city park I guess. There are so many Swans and nearly always see rats :/.

I wouldn’t choose to walk through it at night. It’s not really dodgy but I would feel a bit creeped out in the dark.

There is often a small ‘camp’ you can see over other side of the river, tent, empty beer cans.

There’s a LOT of water. As well as the river wensum there are a few ponds/small tributary’s. I reckon it could be deep in places and we’ve had loads of rain.

Im not sure if there are street cameras, but the park has two entrances, one entrance is opposite a newsagents corner shop type place, and the river is pretty shallow there but either side of the park the river goes into wooded areas. Unfortunatley a lot of the time when people fall in the Wensum they end up around whitlingham or trowse as it’s a tidal river that’s fed by the sea and has been very high recently.
It also has entrances from the back of Aldi/Home Bargains

Maybe she went inside? Perhaps she was praying before going to the river to take her own life?

Edited by me for focus.

Sadly, I see this as a real possibility. Gaynor certainly seemed less rushed as she was leaving the cathedral grounds than she was prior to that. Which doesn't explain the initial rush, of course.

Couple of images of Wensum Park. The map is the clearest I could find, I don't know if anyone else in North City is able to take a better one? Not sure exactly where her belongings were found but you can see there is the big chunk of river and lots of ponds/streams as previously mentioned.

Extremely pretty park but as previously mentioned it's not in a "nice" area. Lots of crime and Anti-Social behaviour, drugs etc (No judgement to those local, I've lived most of my life in Bowthorpe and West Earham until I moved more centrally!).

Attachments

• 1702494121630.png
    1702494121630.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
  • 1702494254205.png
    1702494254205.png
    346.4 KB · Views: 54
I wonder if the two rings she removed were her wedding and engagement rings? I'm thinking why she would take them off if it were a medical emergency? Leaving things behind to positively identify yourself.. makes me wonder.

That is interesting to know that. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9
Back