UK - Gunshots fired outside houses of parliament in London. 22 Mar 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone familiar with London or has had a change to look at the maps - how far from Parliament was this attack?

(Still catching up...)

It was in the yard, right outside Parliament - MPs were on their way to vote ( doing a series of votes today ) and some of them would have been about 20 - 30 feet away from the attacker

editing to add - the MPs were indoors of course, not in the yard itself

Thank you. What jumped out at me is how the terrorists have drastically changed since 2010 and who has done most of them since then.

IMO

Terrorists are terrorists. Agenda's change, allies and enemies change. There are good people and there are bad people. Thats the way it has always been.

Here is a very quick map

2dmiaki.png

There is an image of the terrorist on a stretcher, brits in there paper are saying, asian? Not sure what is meant by that coming from europe. But think the terrorist in the istanbul attack was also described as asian. Jmo

n the UK 'Asian' usually means Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi.

BBC talking to someone (didn't catch who) saying looks like a "lone wolf" attack
ETA professor Michael Clark(e), defence expert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man...the picture of the victim at the bottom of the stairs. Ugh. Could have done without seeing that. :( (ETA - Looks like the Daily Mail has blurred out more of it now. Wise decision.)

I will be praying for the victims and their families.

Deeply saddened by this. My heart goes out to all affected and the victims. I just don't even have the words anymore for these threads. Our new normal!

It was in the yard, right outside Parliament - MPs were on their way to vote ( doing a series of votes today ) and some of them would have been about 20 - 30 feet away from the attacker

editing to add - the MPs were indoors of course, not in the yard itself

Thank you. I'm starting to get a sense of the place. That is very close to government going about the business of governing - very scary.

I am caught up with the thread - WS does a great job with breaking stories. For anyone who has followed this from the start or who has a grasp of the sequence of events, care to do a quick rundown?

There was a knife attack on an officer. Gun shots to the attacker. Right?

What about the bridge? An SUV plowed into a crowd? Was the driver the same person as the knife attacker or were there two different attacks going on at the same time?

tia for any clarity (I know info is still uncertain).

jmo

I just don't think I can stop here and discuss this vile specimen that has carried out this act.

Just here to say Rest in Heaven to all of those gone today. You won't die in vain.

- The policeman stood and faced his God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining.
Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, policeman.
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My church have you been true?"

The policeman squared his shoulders and said,
"No, Lord, I guess I ain't,
Because those of us who carry badges
can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
and at times my talk was rough,
and sometimes I've been violent,
Because the streets are awfully tough.

But I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep....
Though I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around
Except to calm their fear.

If you've a place for me here,
Lord, It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't.....I'll understand.

There was silence all around the throne
Where the saints had often trod.
As the policeman waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, policeman,
You've borne your burdens well.
Come walk a beat on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in hell." -

The suspect who mowed down ten pedestrians on a bridge and stabbed a police officer at the Houses of Parliament was said to have been an Asian man in his 40s.
The man drove a year-old Hyundai i40 - worth up to £28,000 and registered in the affluent Essex city of Chelmsford - down Westminster Bridge at 'high speed' today.
He is believed to have been the only attacker although police locked down the area on a 'precautionary basis' tonight in case someone else was still at large.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4339682/Westminster-attacker-drove-28-000-year-old-4x4-Hyundai.html#ixzz4c5IuXWRm

https://www.gov.uk/terrorism-national-emergency/terrorism-threat-levels
Terrorism and national emergencies
1. Terrorism threat levels

The threat level indicates the likelihood of a terrorist attack in the UK.
International threats

The threat to the UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) from international terrorism is severe.
Northern Ireland-related threats

The threat to Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) from Northern Ireland-related terrorism is substantial.
The threat to Northern Ireland from Northern Ireland-related terrorism is severe.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/22/westminster-attack-what-is-the-uks-current-terror-alert-level-6527170/
attachment.php

Attachments

• pa-29529077.jpg
    pa-29529077.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 106
I'm following now on Twitter and don't want to link to anything yet, but there are some tweets about who the attacker possibly is.

You don't need to have a twitter account to follow. Type on "london" on the search box on Twitter.

jmo

The suspect who mowed down ten pedestrians on a bridge and stabbed a police officer at the Houses of Parliament was said to have been an Asian man in his 40s.
The man drove a year-old Hyundai i40 - worth up to £28,000 and registered in the affluent Essex city of Chelmsford - down Westminster Bridge at 'high speed' today.
He is believed to have been the only attacker although police locked down the area on a 'precautionary basis' tonight in case someone else was still at large.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4339682/Westminster-attacker-drove-28-000-year-old-4x4-Hyundai.html#ixzz4c5IuXWRm

Okay, so it sounds like the driver is the same person as the knife attacker.

Thanks.

jmo

I'm following now on Twitter and don't want to link to anything yet, but there are some tweets about who the attacker possibly is.

You don't need to have a twitter account to follow. Type on "london" on the search box on Twitter.

jmo

Thank you for the tip and hmmmm.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member