GUILTY UK - Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, car crash A46 Leicester 11 Feb 2022 *Murder Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They all lied about it under oath. None of them called 999 after the crash. I agree they didn’t plan to kill but they had 2 cars chasing the victims at 90mph! I think they deserve the long sentences.
I said I thought they deserved it, just expressing surprise when other more premeditated murders get lower sentences. It'd be nice to see more consistency rather than only some being elevated to the more serious starting level, which is evidently what happened to this case. IMO all murders should be treated this seriously!

16:42

Police praised by judge for handling of case​

Judge Timothy Spencer KC ends the hearing by making a formal judicial commendation praising Leicestershire Police officers involved in preparing the case for trial, as well as family liaison officers.
He says: "Those officers are a credit to themselves and to the force they serve."
Proceedings have now ended.

The first trial of eight people for murder, including TikTok influencer Mahek Bukhari, was halted by the judge last year after an argument between two of the jurors revealed racist views among the panel members. It can now be reported that in the final week of that first trial, there was a "heated" argument in the jury room, with one juror accusing another of being racist.

The two jurors were asked to explain the argument and while one woman said she had been shocked by the other's racist views about incest and sinister "connections" between the Asian and Middle Eastern defendants, the second juror wrote a note that confirmed they were unfit to continue as a juror, the judge decided.

It was also decided that just dismissing the one racist juror would not be enough, due to suggestions in their note that other jurors also agreed with the "shocking" racist views they held.

Mystery solved and makes total sense, not much chance of anyone who thinks like that being able to be fair in their judgements, sheesh. Well done to the juror who called the racist one out, I'd probably be too timid to confront them so I'm always glad to see people braver than me!

Wow, I'm quite surprised at the length of these sentences, given it didn't exactly come across as a preplanned plot to kill, more something that spiralled out of control. Not that they don't deserve a severe sentence, I just didn't expect it when so many people who do specifically plan a murder get less. I'll be interested to read the full sentencing remarks and see more about how the judge decided it.

Edit, ah, I see BBC says "Raees Jamal, 23, has been sentenced to a minimum of 36 years in custody for murder and for an unrelated offence." so perhaps the length of his sentence includes the 12 years he's already serving - I thought 36 seemed high! Although I'd have preferred a consecutive 30, as now it looks like he's only been given 24 years for the murder.
The uk is giving longer sentences lately.
Thomas cashman was given 42 years
Connor chapman was given 48 years.
Jordan mcsweeney 38 years.
Lucy Letby 13 whole life orders.
I think our justice system is finally waking up and giving criminals the sentences they deserve.

He laid it on thick! I think he might have gone a bit too far with that comment though.
Looks likely that the passenger defendants will all be appealing their manslaughter convictions. Perhaps they'll tell the actual truth during the appeal process even if the actual truth makes them look somewhat more culpable than their original accounts does.

JMO - but I believe Mo Patel's acquittal demonstrates that if the passenger defendants had just told the truth about what happened then they would have walked free. Instead they pretended not to notice anything or have any knowledge about what was going on and I believe this withholding of information was what got them convicted rather than any solid proof of their actions on that night.
I wonder if he will be looking over his shoulder?

Parole eligibility dates for each defendant (according to thelawpages):
Raees Jamal: 31/6/2059 [sic]
Ansreen Bukhari: 02/06/2048
Mahek Bukhari: 23/08/2054
Rekan Karwan: 02/08/2048
Sanaf Gulammustafa: 14/07/2032
Ammeer Jamal: 12/06/2032
Natasha Akhtar: 28/08/2030

The first trial of eight people for murder, including TikTok influencer Mahek Bukhari, was halted by the judge last year after an argument between two of the jurors revealed racist views among the panel members. It can now be reported that in the final week of that first trial, there was a "heated" argument in the jury room, with one juror accusing another of being racist.

The two jurors were asked to explain the argument and while one woman said she had been shocked by the other's racist views about incest and sinister "connections" between the Asian and Middle Eastern defendants, the second juror wrote a note that confirmed they were unfit to continue as a juror, the judge decided.

It was also decided that just dismissing the one racist juror would not be enough, due to suggestions in their note that other jurors also agreed with the "shocking" racist views they held.

Mystery solved and makes total sense, not much chance of anyone who thinks like that being able to be fair in their judgements, sheesh. Well done to the juror who called the racist one out, I'd probably be too timid to confront them so I'm always glad to see people braver than me!
Good lord, the attitudes of the first jury are roughly the same as some of those that can be seen in Sky News' twitter replies by anonymous users.

These people swore a damn oath!

I think our justice system is finally waking up and giving criminals the sentences they deserve.

I was just going to comment on this! A great improvement!

Good also to see the 7 convicted all bothered to attend the sentencing in person and hear the victim impact statements, though it sounds like Sanaf was the only one who expressed remorse.

It seems the judge used the 25 year starting point for murder and then applied the aggravating factors. IMO it sounded like he really hates social media, and has a strong dislike for influencers! Glad he agreed with the comments we've made here about Ansari being the grown up who should have put a stop to the whole thing, and Mahek being completely self-obsessed. They're going to pay massively for those choices now - Ansari will be in prison till she's in her 70s and Mahek will be in her mid-50s at least before she can apply to be released.

I bet Mo Patel is thanking his lucky stars tonight that he chose to tell the truth both to the police and the jury. It looks like the judge used the B level of culpability for manslaughter, which I feel is quite harsh. He definitely saved himself a hefty jail sentence!

I bet Mo Patel is thanking his lucky stars tonight that he chose to tell the truth both to the police and the jury. It looks like the judge used the B level of culpability for manslaughter, which I feel is quite harsh. He definitely saved himself a hefty jail sentence!
It's just astonishing to me really.

JMO (obviously)
Mo was just as involved as any of the defendants convicted of manslaughter, if not more than some. But because he gave the evidence he did, at the time that he did rather than either staying silent or telling provable lies, he ended up getting acquitted.
For the manslaughter convicts, even if they do now go to appeal and sing like canaries it won't hold nearly as much weight as it did with Mo because he did so right from the start in the police interview room.

The recent sentencing of Michael Hiller (33 year sentence) and Rachel Fulstow (30 year sentence) for the murder of Liam Smith is another good example of this.

Fulstow wasn't even present for the actual murder, she was nearly 100 miles away at the time. But because she was significantly involved in the planning, premeditation and told atrocious lies to attempt to mislead the investigation (and architected the whole series of events that culminated in the murder in the first place, much like the Bukharis) she was convicted of murder and given a hefty minimum term.

Last edited:
Parole eligibility dates for each defendant (according to thelawpages):
Raees Jamal: 31/6/2059 [sic]
Ansreen Bukhari: 02/06/2048
Mahek Bukhari: 23/08/2054
Rekan Karwan: 02/08/2048
Sanaf Gulammustafa: 14/07/2032
Ammeer Jamal: 12/06/2032
Natasha Akhtar: 28/08/2030
I wonder if they will split them up and put them in different prisons.

Daily Mail Link, Mahek Bukhari will be appealing her sentence which her in the UK is their right.

TikTok killer Mahek Bukhari will appeal against her life sentence for murdering her mother's toyboy lover and his friend in 100mph car chase after sex tape blackmail​

Daily Mail Link, Mahek Bukhari will be appealing her sentence which her in the UK is their right.

TikTok killer Mahek Bukhari will appeal against her life sentence for murdering her mother's toyboy lover and his friend in 100mph car chase after sex tape blackmail​

I'm starting to think it's inevitable that at some point in the future all of these convictions (maybe with the exception of Raees Jamal) will be successfully appealed, or at the very least downgraded to a lesser charge and sentences reduced.

I'm starting to think it's inevitable that at some point in the future all of these convictions (maybe with the exception of Raees Jamal) will be successfully appealed, or at the very least downgraded to a lesser charge and sentences reduced.
I agree. I don't think the charge will get downgraded but the sentences will be reduced on appeal. I'm still torn over Natasha Akhtar I wish she'd had told the truth and I have no idea if she was aware of Raees Jamals up coming trial and later conviction for Rape, but her misguided love for him has got her convicted of 2 counts of murder and an 11 years and 8 months sentence. The murder of those two lads is just such an horrific waste of life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay
Back