GUILTY UK - Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, car crash A46 Leicester 11 Feb 2022 *Murder Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mohammed Patel described his friendship with Raees Jamal, who he had met a couple of months earlier through what the officers described as a "'making-friends website". Patel told the officers: "He seemed like a decent guy. We'd go out and stuff, just me and him."

"Making-friends website"? Is this a euphemism? Genuine question.

Jury hears more about the crash scene​

The jury is hearing from a police officer who investigated the scene of the crash on the A46. Christopher Coe, a Leicestershire Police detective sergeant, is being questioned by the prosecutor, Collingwood Thompson KC. DS Coe tells the jury that before the crash site there was a depression in the grass and paint on the barrier on the central reservation, showing that the Skoda had swerved off the road to the right and hit the central reservation barrier before returning to the road, just ahead of the crash.

Skoda was "airborne" as it smashed into tree​

A little further along the road the Skoda appeared to have left the road and hit the barrier again. DS Coe said: "The barrier had sheared away from uprights and forced them downwards."
He said at the main crash site where the wreckage was, the Skoda had collided with a "single mature tree" and the marks start about two feet up the trunk, "indicating the vehicle was airborne" at the point the Skoda hit it.

Car split in two and engine ripped out by force of impact​

The right side of the car was to the right of the tree, near the southbound side, while the rest of the car had split off and was next to the northbound side - which the car had been on before the collision.
DS Coe said the engine had detached from the Skoda as it split into two. The jury was shown a diagram of all the marks on the road left by the Skoda.

Centre of bonnet was main point of impact​

The Skoda flew head-on into the tree, making contact with the tree at a point just to the left of where the Skoda badge was on the front of the bonnet. The vehicle was facing the tree, pitched slightly forwards at the very moment it collided. One of the airbags was found that escaped the fire.
The evidence suggested it had deployed but then been thrown out of the vehicle in the crash. There was also some evidence about seatbelts and DS Coe said it seemed one of the front seatbelts "wasn't in use at the time".

Surviving tyre shows Skoda Fabia was 'out of control'​

There was a tyre that survived the blaze that followed the crash. DS Coe studied the marks and damage to the tyre and found evidence the car had been moving sideways shortly before the crash. He said the "perpendicular scuff marks are evidence the vehicle is yawing, generally moving sideways". He said the vehicle was "out of control" at that point.

Minor damage only to Audi TT​

There was some damage to the front bumper, near the right wheel, which consisted of "horizontal scrape marks". He said he could not attribute that damage to the crash on the A46 and that otherwise the vehicle was in "serviceable condition" with no defects that would have led to a crash.

More serious damage found on Seat Leon​

Thedetective went on to describe the damage on the Seat Leon. He said the Seat Leon had damage to the left side front bumper and scuffing marks next to the front registration plate. The fog light in the front bumper was pushed back there was other "scuffing and paint-grazing" in the same area.
DS Coe took the bumper off the vehicle and found more evidence of an impact to the front of the vehicle on the passenger's side. He said the front bumper was filled with a foam block, which showed which parts of the bumper had been involved in an impact.

Seat Leon mechanically okay but had illegally tinted windows​

DS Coe carried out a full mechanical inspection of the car and he said there were no mechanical problems with the vehicle that would have contributed to any collision. However, he said the front side windows were both tinted and he measured that they only let in 13 per cent of light - he said the legal limit for tinted windows was 70 per cent.

Summary of how the crash happened​

DS Coe's report states that:
- the three vehicles were all travelling north up the A46 and the crash happened about a mile before the Six Hills junction
- the area where it happened was a level and straight section of the dual carriageway
- the Skoda Fabia left the carriageway to the right, travelling onto the central reservation
- scratch marks indicated the vehicle was out of control and rotating at that time
- the car collided with a tree and the severity of the collision caused the car to split in two

Skoda Fabia was doing about 89mph before crash​

DS Coe described how the 999 recording, in which the crash is heard, and the automatic numberplate recognition (ANPR) camera image from before the crash, allowed him to calculate how fast the Skoda was going and he calculated it was travelling at about 89mph.

Audi TT telemetery data shows speed and location of car during pursuit​

The jury has previously heard that the Audi TT being driven by Rekan Karwan was a loan vehicle Mahek Bukhari was using because her own Audi was being repaired. Mr Thompson told the jury it may have not been known by her that the vehicle had a telemetery computer, reporting and recording its speed and location, as well as reporting high speeds and even sudden turns.
DS Coe is taking the jury through the data and how fast the Audi was going at each point during the 999 call from Saqib to a 999 police operator.

Audi doing 100mph as Skoda driver reports car 'right behind me'​

As the jury listen through sections of the 999 call, DS Coe tells them the Audi telemetery computer registered a "high speed event" at 1.32am as the car's speed reached 100mph.
Moments later the cars all pass the ANPR camera, which catches the Skoda and Audi's numberplate, but the Seat Leon is so close nexgt to the Skoda its numberplate is not visible. One headlight of the Seat Leon can be seen through the Skoda's windows, according to the prosecution.

DS Coe agrees the headlight visible is the light of the Seat Leon​

Mr Thompson asked DS Coe about the visible headlight from the pursuing vehicle. He tells the jury the headlight is shining through the driver's door window and the windscreen of the Skoda Fabia and he believes it to be the headlight of the Seat Leon.

DS Coe confirms impact can be heard on 999 call​

The jury was played the final moments of the 999 call at 1.32am, in which Saqib can be heard shouting: "Oh my god! No!" before a low, crunching sound is heard and the call ends.
Mr Thompson asked DS Coe: "You can actually hear the sound of an impact?" DS Coe replied: "Yes."

Police used their own Skoda Fabia to recreate crash​

DS Coe is back in the witness stand and describing how officers recreated the crash. With the Skoda Fabia being so badly damaged, they used a 2008 police-owned Skoda Fabia instead.
Having the cars to compare to each other, DS Coe was able to look at the damage to the Seat and judge whether each section of damage was likely to have been caused in an impact with the Skoda.
He confirms that damage found on the Seat Leon had been caused by a collision between the front, passenger side of the Seat Leon and the rear, driver's side of the Skoda Fabia.

'Just try to explain to us in lay language what is going on'​

It's all getting a bit technical with talk about the relative speeds of the two vehicles - the Seat Leon and the Skoda Fabia - when they collided. DS Coe said there was collision that was the equivalent of a moving car hitting a stationary vehicle at five to 10mph. He used the term "equivalent barrier speed" and the judge, Mr Justice Saini, has interrupted him to ask him not to use that term. He said: "Just try to explain to us in lay language what is going on."

Cross-examination of DS Coe​

The officer is now being asked questions by the defence barristers. Leonard Smith KC, barrister for Raees Jamal, asked about a point on the 999 call by Saqib where he shouted to the operator: "They've hit into the side." Mr Smith wanted to know if DC Cole could hear a collision into the side of the car on the recording. DS Cole said he could not. He confirmed he could not hear "any audible hits" on the recording up to that point.

Barrister points finger at danger of situation with Skoda trying to block Seat Leon​

Mr Smith asked about Saqib shouting, apparently to Hashim who was driving, to "block" the other car. Mr Smith said: "Young men, high speed, swerving cars - what could go wrong?"
DS Coe said: "There is no evidence of swerving."
Mr Smith then asked: "It's a recipe for disaster, isn't it?" The officer answered that it "potentially" was.

Raees Jamal's barrister suggests last collision between cars was 13 seconds before tree crash​

Referring to a comment on the 999 recording, Mr Smith suggests the damage DS Coe found on the Seat was consisted with the Seat rear-ending the Skoda 13 seconds before the crash and he suggests that was the final collision, a full 13 seconds before the crash into the tree that killed the two young men.
He said: "I want to suggest that is the collision point and it took place 13 seconds before the Skoda hit the tree."
DS Coe replied: "It could have been a collision point" and said there could have been a further collision in addition.
Mr Smith asks if there should be more damage on the Seat Leon if, as one of the defendants said in his police interview, the Seat "dragged" the Skoda along the road. DS Coe said: "I imagine, yes."
The jury has previously been instructed by the judge not to take the statements of any of the defendants as evidence against any of the other defendants.

DS Coe said it was unlikely Saqib just lost control on his own​

Mr Smith asked DS Coe: "He could have lost control and gone into the central reservation?"
The officer answered that he did not think Saqib had "lost control as a result of his own actions" because of "lack of evidence on the road surface". He said he would have expected the normal signs of a driver fighting the steering as he lost control, rather than the car just going sideways suddenly.

DS Coe refuses to accept driver error alone could be to blame​

Mr Smith again suggested the driver's actions caused the fatal crash. DC Coe replied: "If it had been a harsh steering in put I would expect evidence on the road."
Mr Smith asks if it was not possible that the car crashed without an external impact. The officer replied: "I don't agree. I don't think the vehicle would rotate that quickly."

The case will continue tomorrow​

The jury has been sent home for the day.

So Raees Jamal's barrister, Leonard Smith KC, is trying to insinuate that driver error from the chased car caused the deaths?

I wonder if the juror who is sick has actually taken a day out to steel themselfs for weeks of more absurdities to come. Just joking IMO

Yes indeed. I mean there was a whole 13 seconds between the final contact with the Seat before the Skoda crashed - so clearly it can't be Mr Seat's fault :rolleyes:

I know barristers have to earn their keep ( although I like to think the ones I know are a bit more ethical ) but sometimes the depths they go to are depressing.

Yes indeed. I mean there was a whole 13 seconds between the final contact with the Seat before the Skoda crashed - so clearly it can't be Mr Seat's fault :rolleyes:

I know barristers have to earn their keep ( although I like to think the ones I know are a bit more ethical ) but sometimes the depths they go to are depressing.
I can only assume that the barrister had no choice but to hilight any little gaps that could put the blame on the victim.

The barristers hands are tied in that regard as they are arguing a defence put forward by Reaas via his solicitors.

I think that's how English law works.

I still am not expecting one ounce of truth from any of these suspects IMO

I can only assume that the barrister had no choice but to hilight any little gaps that could put the blame on the victim.

The barristers hands are tied in that regard as they are arguing a defence put forward by Reaas via his solicitors.

I think that's how English law works.

I still am not expecting one ounce of truth from any of these suspects IMO

Yes, I remember in one law firm I worked for, one of the criminal solicitors told me that most people he represented were not the brightest (which is why they got caught!). Unfortunately, they would give a *advertiser censored* and bull story to the police on arrest and then the poor solicitor would have to accept that story in good faith and try and work with it. Not always easy!

I wonder if the mother and daughter are in the same prison, or if they are not allowed to be. It must have been horrendous for the dad to not only find out his wife had been having a 2 year affair with a 21 year old, but then to learn both his wife and his daughter were being charged with murder.

I can't seem to find the line but i read here, it read along the lines of the jury were told not to take any of the statements of the defendants as evidence against any of the defendants? I found that really strange, and wondered why that would be, does anyone have any ideas? I may have imagined this of course, but I'm sure i read it on one of the updates I posted. Sorry if I've made this up :)

I can't seem to find the line but i read here, it read along the lines of the jury were told not to take any of the statements of the defendants as evidence against any of the defendants? I found that really strange, and wondered why that would be, does anyone have any ideas? I may have imagined this of course, but I'm sure i read it on one of the updates I posted. Sorry if I've made this up :)
I read it in this thread too, it’s here somewhere!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back