UK - Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of murder/attempted murder of a number of babies, 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting reading, dotr.

Have we any more idea why LL was moved to admin duties?
Interesting that the move to administrative duties happened back in 2016, wondering if LL was particularly upset about the introduction of cctv cameras, or the tracking wristband, perhaps drawing some suspicion, but not quite enough..?
imo, speculation.

Rbbm.
Chester hospital baby deaths: Nurse Lucy Letby arrested on suspicion of murdering eight babies
"The same report notes that "mention of installing CCTV on the unit without explanation had unsettled the nursing team further".

In December, the hospital went further issuing patients and staff with electronic tracking wristbands in a bid to monitor free beds.

An NHS source said Ms Letby was moved into administrative duties in late 2016, saying: "They moved her into admin, they didn't move her to another nursing position.

"If they did think she was suspicious why didn't they suspend her?"

Chester Hospital in England

Attachments

• 7D1419CB-5940-4DA6-9590-0BAC50812B1B.jpeg
    7D1419CB-5940-4DA6-9590-0BAC50812B1B.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 9
I know there are several threads on this already.
Ugggh. I did a search of every word I could think of and it didn’t show up. So frustrating. Do you have the link so I can follow? Thx

Glad to hear they moved her and took time to investigate properly before letting this come out, as it's always going to be tricky to pin down exactly who could be responsible. My mind immediately went to a case a few years back where they arrested and charged the wrong nurse, and the media of course went crazy over portraying her as evil incarnate. Stepping Hill: Rebecca Leighton - The innocent nurse who was wrongly blamed for Chua's killing spree

Hopefully this time it really is the correct person, and if it is, then throw away the key.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/04/frien...dhearted-nurse-charged-with-murdering-babies/

Letby was also active in a $4 million fundraising campaign to build a new neonatal unit at the hospital

“I hope the new unit will provide a greater degree of privacy and space,” she told The Chester & District Standard in supporting the campaign.
BBM ... yes no doubt privacy would come in handy if you wanted free reign to murder some innocent babies eh

Seriously this case is a headscratcher, I wasn't imagining it to be a young woman newly into the profession tbh. Somebody much older, more bitter and experienced was what I had my money on. I guess we'll wait and see how this plays out. If they have the right person, for one. And if it's mental illness, or just plain evil.
I feel the same. I was shocked to see how young she is.

Thank you for putting together a rough timeline - reading about this in the newspapers today, I was worried that an innocent nurse had been scapegoated by bureaucracy and bad luck. But if they were concerned enough in 2016 to move her to admin duties, then they were determined to protect their patients while investigating thoroughly. I wonder if her proud family and friends knew that she was doing admin work rather than hands-on nursing?

Thank you for putting together a rough timeline - reading about this in the newspapers today, I was worried that an innocent nurse had been scapegoated by bureaucracy and bad luck. But if they were concerned enough in 2016 to move her to admin duties, then they were determined to protect their patients while investigating thoroughly. I wonder if her proud family and friends knew that she was doing admin work rather than hands-on nursing?
When I was nursing, being moved to an admin position was a promotion, not a punishment, but those positions were only given to people who were very experienced in knowing how many nurses to roster on a ward and ordering supplies, liaising with other care agencies and the like. I am not sure that this young nurse was experienced enough to do this. So I don't know what kind of admin position she was moved to.

It must be hell for those parents, now wondering if their child was actually murdered rather than dying naturally from being born pre-term. I do not want to vilify the woman, we don't yet know for sure she did this - it's still just an accusation so far. If she is guilty, I really have to wonder why, what was the driving force behind this?

I'm sorry but this just doesn't feel right to me, I think she's being hung out to dry as a scapegoat.

I know that LL was moved to admin duties, but what you might not have seen is that another member of staff was suspended in 2016 in relation to these incidents.

What has also come out is that various enquiries (by medical bodies, professional standards organisations, etc) were quite critical of the running of this ward - under-staffed, not suitably trained staff, procedural errors and basically ignoring protocols, etc, etc, etc.

One baby died when a tube was inserted by a doctor into his gullet instead of his trachea.

So what is going to happen if you have an intensive care unit for the weakest patients, i.e. premature babies whose lungs etc haven't even developed yet, and the unit is under staffed and not being run properly, with procedures routinely ignored?

Wouldn't it be a huge coincidence if on top of the running of the unit being a shambles, there was also a psychopath working there as well.

Which scenario is most likely to have caused an increase in infant mortality, a psycho nurse, or useless managers and administrators running the unit dangerously?

What you have to understand about the NHS is that you end up with idiots in management positions who haven't got their by merit, but by basically climbing the greasy pole by kissing the right peoples backsides.

And I'm not kidding, there's one hospital near me where the operating theatre (which costs huge sums of money per day just to have it functional) was hardly being used because the idiot running it - i.e. in charge of it - was formerly the receptionist. She was as thick as 2 short planks, you can imagine - huge false nails and eyelashes - totally incapable of doing the job.

Anyway, there's a lot of protecting your own interests by managers and administrators in these places, covering up mistakes, etc, and there's also a lot of "medical staff" who have qualifications that are bought from fake universities, the NHS is rife with it, but you'll never hear about it in the news, because it's politically embarrassing.

So, I think LL is the sacrificial lamb to cover up for other peoples mistakes, and no matter what happens now - her life is ruined.

I find it especially disturbing that the cop in charge has called her arrest "a huge step forwards" in the investigation before she's even been charged - in other words he's saying she's guilty, and frankly I wouldn't trust the police in this country to find their own rear end with both hands.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with serious reservations here.

I realize you can't tell these things by looking at a person.... however, she just doesn't fit the profile of the people we normally see doing this.

I hope that they have conclusive proof. I fully expect her family to defend her.

I'm sorry but this just doesn't feel right to me, I think she's being hung out to dry as a scapegoat.

I know that LL was moved to admin duties, but what you might not have seen is that another member of staff was suspended in 2016 in relation to these incidents.

What has also come out is that various enquiries (by medical bodies, professional standards organisations, etc) were quite critical of the running of this ward - under-staffed, not suitably trained staff, procedural errors and basically ignoring protocols, etc, etc, etc.

One baby died when a tube was inserted by a doctor into his gullet instead of his trachea.

So what is going to happen if you have an intensive care unit for the weakest patients, i.e. premature babies whose lungs etc haven't even developed yet, and the unit is under staffed and not being run properly, with procedures routinely ignored?

Wouldn't it be a huge coincidence if on top of the running of the unit being a shambles, there was also a psychopath working there as well.

Which scenario is most likely to have caused an increase in infant mortality, a psycho nurse, or useless managers and administrators running the unit dangerously?

What you have to understand about the NHS is that you end up with idiots in management positions who haven't got their by merit, but by basically climbing the greasy pole by kissing the right peoples backsides.

And I'm not kidding, there's one hospital near me where the operating theatre (which costs huge sums of money per day just to have it functional) was hardly being used because the idiot running it - i.e. in charge of it - was formerly the receptionist. She was as thick as 2 short planks, you can imagine - huge false nails and eyelashes - totally incapable of doing the job.

Anyway, there's a lot of protecting your own interests by managers and administrators in these places, covering up mistakes, etc, and there's also a lot of "medical staff" who have qualifications that are bought from fake universities, the NHS is rife with it, but you'll never hear about it in the news, because it's politically embarrassing.

So, I think LL is the sacrificial lamb to cover up for other peoples mistakes, and no matter what happens now - her life is ruined.

I find it especially disturbing that the cop in charge has called her arrest "a huge step forwards" in the investigation before she's even been charged - in other words he's saying she's guilty, and frankly I wouldn't trust the police in this country to find their own rear end with both hands.
I'm not quite ready to believe it was all her own doing. I agree with your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3