UK - Helen Almey, 39, & Martin Griffiths, 48, Duffield, Derbyshire, 1 Jan 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The “Snapping” Myth: Men who kill women are exerting control, not losing it — Real world criminology, real world criminologist

I found this very interesting, as commentary on DV. Shockingly, an average of 2 women per week in England and Wales are killed by a current or former partner. :(

God, this is harrowing. My friend left a coercive relationship in the autumn and is currently in a refuge. I honestly think if he found where she was, he'd kill her.

I think this is what happened here, an abusive man clawing back control. IMO

I posted this article elsewhere a few days ago, but after reading Flutterby’s post above , thought it might be an idea to post it here too, apologies as it’s only from our local paper in Brighton, so the quality of reporting is never great but it’s probably copied and pasted from another source in any event....

It is now illegal for your partner to do these 10 things in a relationship

Helen Hancock stabbing inquest | Daily Mail Online

This sounds horrific.Her poor family having to hear this.

Good Lord that was hard to read. The attack must have been brutal and terrifying.

I’m not following one item from the article though, is LE not answering questions about her Christmas call/incident to them and their response? The second paragraph really says nothing to address it other than to make it sound like there will be an internal investigation, I guess? That’s how I interpret it. I wonder what happened then.

After the tragedy it was claimed PE teacher Helen had dialled 999 at Christmas following an incident at home at her £400,000 home.”

“Derbyshire Police has referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct due to contact between the victim and officers prior to the fatal incident.”

Good Lord that was hard to read. The attack must have been brutal and terrifying.

I’m not following one item from the article though, is LE not answering questions about her Christmas call/incident to them and their response? The second paragraph really says nothing to address it other than to make it sound like there will be an internal investigation, I guess? That’s how I interpret it. I wonder what happened then.

After the tragedy it was claimed PE teacher Helen had dialled 999 at Christmas following an incident at home at her £400,000 home.”

“Derbyshire Police has referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct due to contact between the victim and officers prior to the fatal incident.”
Yes that's usual for them, they make no comment until they have concluded the investigation.

February 11

Hundreds of mourners have gathered to say an emotional farewell to a mum-of-three .

Friends and family gathered today for Ms Almey's funeral at St Alkmund's Church, in her home town of Duffield.

Her family requested no flowers and said that all donations would go the "benefit of Helen's children".

A post on Facebook beforehand paid tribute to the "loving mum, much-loved daughter, dear sister and sister-in-law, auntie and good friend to many".

Hundreds mourn mum 'stabbed so hard' entire knife was found in her stomach

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton
Back