GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he mentioned Mr Russell Flint by name, did he? Unlike Trimmer. I'm relieved that he simply ignored the alternative defence of 'maybe it wasn't murder' RF produced, and hope no jury member will have got stuck on that after this clear direction.

ETA cottonweaver's got there ahead of me!

begrudgingly, I have to say that he mentioned not-spots before to the police ( when he claimed poor reception to take that call from a friend mid-interview)

Nah, he probably didn't want his phone conversation listened to is all.

Does anyone know what the likely timescale is now for the jury?
We all want a verdict asap but I'm thinking they may be sent for lunch now and then begin discussing verdict around 1pm ish? Or will they start discussion immediately and have a lunch break later?

Question :

Does a jury go in with a vote first? Then debate if needed ?

I think they can do it any way they like but if I were foreperson I would be calling for a vote to start off with, just to find out how we stood

The tiny phone escaped the story. Bad times.

Still, I'm not sure there are many conclusions that can be drawn from the evidence. We may yet see them back in this afternoon!

Jury told to decide how reliable sighting was

“Catherine Richards, in a statement, said she saw Helen on April 11, between 1.20pm and 4pm.

“Another witness, Angela John, said she had seen Helen Bailey out walking her dog between 3.40pm and 3’50pm on April 11.

“She said it looked like it might drizzle and that she was worried Helen might get wet.

“You might consider Mr Trimmer pointing out the photos from the recycling tip in Royston around this time, showing that it was not raining.”

“You might consider whether this as Mr Trimmer says, may mean Mrs John was mistaken about the day she saw Helen.

“Mrs John first said the sighting of Helen Bailey was in the morning. You will have to decide how reliable her evidence is, and whether you think she is right or wrong.”

:happydance: He really said "thanks to Tortoise" at this juncture :loveyou:

Here he was arriving this morning

ba86e880-5f3f-47d2-8cb9-d3d394bbe39f.jpg

I must say I am very relieved that the defence case sounded even more ludicrous and far fetched coming from Judge Bright's lips than from SRF and the defendant's!

Yes, it would be wonderful if the jury treated IS' Not Guilty plea with the contempt it deserves and returned a speedy Guilty verdict. However, as long as it's Guilty, I will be celebrating.

Today more than ever my thoughts are with everyone who loved Helen but especially her brother John and her elderly parents. I hope they know many, many people are with them in spirit, praying for justice for Helen and Boris.

Nah, he probably didn't want his phone conversation listened to is all.

Well I'd assumed this is why Daines mentioned it but I have to throw in a teensy bit of fake impartiality - especially when it accounts to b*gger all in the scheme of things.

Does anyone know what the likely timescale is now for the jury?
We all want a verdict asap but I'm thinking they may be sent for lunch now and then begin discussing verdict around 1pm ish? Or will they start discussion immediately and have a lunch break later?

If it were me on the Jury, I would want to have a bit of talk, pre lunch, sort out a foreperson etc at least....

they may even have lunch sent in ?
again, for me, after almost 7 weeks, I would just want to get on with it and be able to talk freely to the other jurors.

Aren't they back yet? :laughing:

By the way, I really don't know how IS didn't see the file.

attachment.php

I've just read the first paragraph of the forward to Helen's book - Running in Heels. Don't know if it's been mentioned on here before but it is startlingly prophetic regarding the man she regarded as her fiance. I've copied it below.
attachment.php

It's strange isn't it. I've read a few things that could, in hind sight, be like she was being forewarned in some way or having some sort of vague premonition of her future. The titles of her books, the dreams/nightmares she was having in Portugal. The words you've shown above. There are others that I've forgotten at the moment. Maybe we all have them but as we don't write them down they're soon forgotten. Deep lol, very deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must say I am very relieved that the defence case sounded even more ludicrous and far fetched coming from Judge Bright's lips than from SRF and the defendant's!

Yes, it would be wonderful if the jury treated IS' Not Guilty plea with the contempt it deserves and returned a speedy Guilty verdict. However, as long as it's Guilty, I will be celebrating.

Today more than ever my thoughts are with everyone who loved Helen but especially her brother John and her elderly parents. I hope they know many, many people are with them in spirit, praying for justice for Helen and Boris.

That's so poignant Dolly. Aside from being an incredibly talented writer she was a much loved daughter and sister. From everything I have read about her, Helen would be appalled at the level of upset and pressure that has been put on her elderly parents.

They won't be going anywhere for lunch. Sandwiches etc will be brought in, and they can start discussions over lunch if they want.

Sooner they return with the verdict the better - for Helen's family and friends and then they can actually start the grieving process and get some help and healing.

A very very sad case.

For all of us, it's a foregone conclusion now. Ditto sentencing - 25 - 30 years or so? Back to oblivion for I.Stewart - exactly where he should be.

The good judge never mentioned the cadaver dog findings or what led to the first arrest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“He said he first told his solicitors about Nick and Joe in September 2016 but he was threatened again and withdrew what he told them.
“He said he was handed a phone in prison - and that a man on the phone said Helen should never have been involved, that Joe and Nick had been sorted.

“He said he did not kill Helen - or play any part in disposing of her body in the cesspit.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12633390

I didn't realise this - he told them about Nick and Joe but then withdrew it??

If it were me on the Jury, I would want to have a bit of talk, pre lunch, sort out a foreperson etc at least....

they may even have lunch sent in ?
again, for me, after almost 7 weeks, I would just want to get on with it and be able to talk freely to the other jurors.

They will have lunch sent in to them. I'm sure this is how it used to be anyway. They don't keep them in hotels overnight any more but during the day they have to stay together in deliberation.

Not to mention Helen laughing and stating that a cesspit was a good place to bury a body.Re: pink lilies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper