GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realise this - he told them about Nick and Joe but then withdrew it??

Yes very interesting . Especially seens as he told them about Nick & Joe in September but didn't bother telling his sons about these dangerous men till December.

I didn't realise this - he told them about Nick and Joe but then withdrew it??
Probably because he was unable to weave a convincing tale around them at the time. Given a couple of extra months, he finally found one that tied up all the loose ends, albeit in a totally contrived and unconvincing manner.

It's strange isn't it. I've read a few things that could, in hind sight, be like she was being forewarned in some way or having some sort of vague premonition of her future. The titles of her books, the dreams/nightmares she was having in Portugal. The words you've shown above. There are others that I've forgotten at the moment. Maybe we all have them but as we don't write them down they're soon forgotten. Deep lol, very deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When Helen first went missing I had a dream about her, and I dreamt she was under water in a stream. I posted it up and said wtte I hoped it wasn't a premonition. Someone reported it and my post was zapped. I didn't know we weren't allowed to post about dreams. Or maybe it was viewed as being too pessimistic and people wanted to keep hope going. IDK.

When you actually put the lever arch file into context, it really is ridiculous, isn't it?

Two men looking for a nondescript lever arch file are prepared to injure and kill over it, but not actually describe it or the contents so they might be able to produce it.

GIVE ME THE FILE

Which file?

GIVE IT TO ME

What does it look like?

LAST CHANCE TO GIVE ME THE FILE

What's in it? So I know what I'm looking for?

THAT'S IT. YOU'VE HAD IT.

I see it more like...

Helen produces ring binder labelled "FAO Nick and Joe"

H : is this it? My husband told me to give it to Joe if he ever came for it.

NiJo: We said LEVER ARCH!

H: Oh, but...?

NiJo: LEVER ARCH

Helen goes back into office, returns with three box files bursting with £50 notes.

H: could it be these? They're marked "compensation"?

NiJo: we said lever arch. Are you taking the piss, lady?

H: I can't find any lever arch files at all.

NiJo: I've had enough of this. Get the dog. You're coming with us.

In a perverse way, I really wish he was not guilty and that it was Nick and Joe - at least this way, Helen wouldn't have been deceived by someone she invested so much love in for so many years.
The whole thing is just upsetting me for so many reasons.

Probably because he was unable to weave a convincing tale around them at the time. Given a couple of extra months, he finally found one that tied up all the loose ends, albeit in a totally contrived and unconvincing manner.

It's not like the solicitors are going to jump up and gainsay it, is it?

We had the agreed facts and it was agreed he told sols in November but they left it out IIRC. ( during the cross with Trimmer, as if to blame his sols he said they had left it out. )

Yes very interesting . Especially seens as he told them about Nick & Joe in September but didn't bother telling his sons about these dangerous men till December.

First I remember re this September info.... so pleased Judge Bright got that in though...makes his story look even more dodgy, if that's possible.

He probably withdrew the idea so he could do a re write later on

A rolling text headline is now appearing on Sky News, saying the jury has gone out in the trial of Ian Stewart. I guess all the reporters will be hoping for a speedy verdict, to feature the case on tonight's news.

Neteditor - I guess your fabulous journo contact is there, poised like a coiled spring? I am hoping when he is convicted a ton of background info comes out of past misdemeanours - he may not have previous convictions, but I simply do not believe IS lived an exemplary life before committing this heinous murder at the age of 56.

I see it more like...

Helen produces ring binder labelled "FAO Nick and Joe"

H : is this it? My husband told me to give it to Joe if he ever came for it.

NiJo: We said LEVER ARCH!

H: Oh, but...?

NiJo: LEVER ARCH

Helen goes back into office, returns with three box files bursting with £50 notes.

H: could it be these? They're marked "compensation"?

NiJo: we said lever arch. Are you taking the piss, lady?

H: I can't find any lever arch files at all.

NiJo: I've had enough of this. Get the dog. You're coming with us.

That's hilarious - IS should have hired you as his script writer.

there is a pic of Helen and Boris I just love, to see her makes me giggle the sad thing is she is not alone in that photo so I decided to change that, so lets hope the upload worked.

helenboris2.jpg

A rolling text headline is now appearing on Sky News, saying the jury has gone out in the trial of Ian Stewart. I guess all the reporters will be hoping for a speedy verdict, to feature the case on tonight's news.

Neteditor - I guess your fabulous journo contact is there, poised like a coiled spring? I am hoping when he is convicted a ton of background info comes out of past misdemeanours - he may not have previous convictions, but I simply do not believe IS lived an exemplary life before committing this heinous murder at the age of 56.

The difficulty is that it is apparently almost impossible to get anyone from his previous life to talk to the media. That might change once the verdict is in.

Just switched on sky news and Sky's reporter Sarah is outside St Albans and giving a report.
I hope Michelle got to go today.

When Helen first went missing I had a dream about her, and I dreamt she was under water in a stream. I posted it up and said wtte I hoped it wasn't a premonition. Someone reported it and my post was zapped. I didn't know we weren't allowed to post about dreams. Or maybe it was viewed as being too pessimistic and people wanted to keep hope going. IDK.

This case is what first brought my attention to Websleuths - I was looking for more information on Helen when I kept seeing posts on Twitter about her. Then later, after I realised IS had a wife who had died, I was brought back here, trying to find more information on the whole story.

Before I learned all the facts here and while Helen was still being searched for, I had this weirdly strong sense that perhaps Boris had got stuck in water somehow and Helen had tried to rescue him. And even when that didn't make sense with the facts when I started digging around, I couldn't shake the feeling that they were somehow trapped in water.

I know this is all a very 'convenient in retrospect' story, but I'm a great believer in gut feelings. Sadly, it made sense when Helen & Boris were found where they were found.

My only hope is that, with the Zopiclone, she didn't suffer or know what was happening to her, which is much preferable to my initially-feared scenario.

I haven't been able to follow the forum like I want to but rest assured, I've not abandoned you or helen, I'm still here [emoji23] playing catch up most the time. I hope I don't miss the jury returning! [emoji1317]
I'm jumping ahead and looking forward to what we hear after the verdict. Can't believe this 'quiet, obliging, lovely man' has not pulled the wool over others eyes. The only one who seemed to doubt IS intentions was TH but Helen must have even convinced him in the end. Oh and Helen's mum. Mums always know yet are quite powerless to do anything except wait and hope it fizzles out. Sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a video of the court arrivals on the live feed: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12633390

Every single person attending is wearing a suit, showing the respect such a significant proceeding deserves.

It speaks volumes to me that IS isn't treating this in the same way. I realise we can't convict him for not wearing a suit, but I think it's just another time his contempt for procedure (in particular this procedure) is showing through. IMO anyway.

I work in the NHS in the uk and find it very strange he managed to dose her with Zopliclone, as has been said before it's extremely foul tasting and they are also encased nowdays in film. You absolutely cannot crush them down (as they are) to make them soluble for injection or drinking etc . Also being dosed with a powdered version is dangerous as it's ingested far faster as a broken down powder than it is a tablet.

Also it can affect memory as if you've ever taken it leaves you with a hangover type feeling all the time. It's also hardly ever prescribed in the uk for more than a month a time due to its very addictive nature.

After 3 months Helen would have been addicted for sure. Interesting case and what a awful person to do this to her. Being drugged for the last weeks of your life is awful, especially when it's something like zopiclone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper