GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very surprised they are not back already. This worries me. They obviously are not all completely sure he is guilty (or by the same token innocent).

Not necessarily - they probably at least want to appear they are going through the motions and there is a lot of crap to dismiss.

I hope it's as Alyce says- court 1 is temp blocked.

Let's have all your cat, parrot n goldfish photos whilst we wait

Anyone following on Twitter

as well as #helenbailey

there is also

helen bailey trial

I hope it's as Alyce says- court 1 is temp blocked.

Let's have all your cat, parrot n goldfish photos whilst we wait

If the jury has a verdict, the judge will adjourn his current case and call the HB jury and attendants into court without much delay.

Assuming we get a guilty verdict does the judge sentence him there and then (he has had a great deal of time to think about this) or will he ask for IS to come back for sentencing?

There are a lot of charges. They may be deciding if the duvet perverted the course of justice or not. I picture them trying to work out how possible it is to get poo on a duvet...

Assuming we get a guilty verdict does the judge sentence him there and then (he has had a great deal of time to think about this) or will he ask for IS to come back for sentencing?

They usually come back - Judge will give a day and time for sentencing.

So the charges are fraud for the standing order, perverting the course of justice for the duvet and phone, murder, and preventing burial, right? Is there another?

In my experience, murderers are sentenced there and then. The judge will already have worked out what tariff to give him based on the variations (ie if he's found guilty on all counts or just some).

I suppose if it's very late in the day he might ask them to come back but it's unlikely IMO.

So the charges are fraud for the standing order, perverting the course of justice for the duvet and phone, murder, and preventing burial, right? Is there another?

there's a third perverting the course of justice for saying Helen was missing when he knew where she was
either he knew she was dead
or in his version, he knew Helen was with NiJo

Didn`t go in today. Just couldn`t - had too many things piling up that I couldn`t field off any longer! Been ducking and diving and rearranging appointments, but am now about to fall off the tight line I am trying to balance on lol! I was working on the assumption that if all had gone in court as planned, then jury would be out on Monday lunch time and back this morning. Due to the delays, obviously this didn`t happen.
My reckoning (albeit hopeful!) was that today would be about the finish of Bright`s summing up and then jury out. Not wanting to cancel my afternoon work (again!!), I took a chance of not going to court today. I am pushing my original thoughts forward by the time/day the jury have been sent out, and am hoping (and think there is a good chance) of the verdict coming back tomorrow morning.
Of course it could be later this afternoon but I doubt it.
If verdict is not returned, I`m cancelling my 10 o`clock appointment tomorrow morning. My afternoon catch up with friend at 2 pm - I have warned her to be on standby :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB